User Avatar Image

Meat Locker Dilemma

posted by Gregory2012 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.8K users

I, like most players, initially sided with Lilly in trying to resuscitate Larry. In retrospect, I may have made the wrong call.

Initially, I understood Kenny’s concern about zombie Larry, but back at the motor inn, the injured body brought in did not turn undead until several minutes later. I thought I had time to save Larry. If I couldn’t save him in say, two minutes, then I would advocate using the salt lick to crush his skull, but Kenny made a rushed judgment.

However, I may have been wrong. The injured body was being treated by Katjaa. She could have prolonged the person’s life. So instead of minutes of trying to resuscitate Larry, I could have had only seconds.

I thought if Larry turned zombie that we would notice, but when Katjaa was attacked, she didn’t say afterward that the skin around his eyeballs suddenly darkened, so he looked undead. The injured body became undead without Katjaa noticing despite her close examination of him.

Assume for the sake of argument, that the injured body, was untreated by Katjaa, and became undead in two minutes.

Does that mean everyone becomes undead in two minutes? Not necessarily. That could be the minimum time or maximum time for the dead-to-undead process to occur. You don’t know. With that uncertainty, do you risk trying to resuscitate Larry? I reluctantly conclude Kenny made the right decision.

I could still be wrong because I am overlooking an important factor. If so, tell me.

Two unrelated points:

1. I will play the campaign with my initial decision of siding with Lilly.

2. Kenny is hard to please. I redid Episode 1 and Episode 2 to closer ally myself with Kenny, except for the meat locker dilemma. I helped rescue Duck, sided with Kenny in the pharmacy, gave Duck a snack, supported Kenny’s boat plan, fed both Duck and Kenny at the motor inn, and mostly agreed with him on everything else, except the argument about Lilly being a dictator (that was exaggerated and I think she was right about being called a Nazi when survival became tougher). When walking to the abandoned car, I gave him the gentlest response: he fractured the group. Despite my near constant agreement with him, in the Long Road Ahead preview, he says I never listened to him. I don’t hate Kenny, but if all my prior support isn’t reciprocated in Episode 3, I may dump him as an ally.

106 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Milosuperspesh said: nope he doesn't!!
    if a ttg person confirms it then i'll shut up but till then your all crazy..

i remember destructoid streaming live a Walking dead ep 2 walkthrough a while ago with some telltale staff members, and they confirmed that the last "movement" was there intentionally to make you notice that larry was alive or coming back to life.

• The reason why the band teacher became a zombie...i believe is because Lee's AXE has been used to kill zombies...which equals to dirty, full of zombie bacteria axe. In this case he used that infected axe on the teacher's leg....leading to infect him in the process. That's what i believe....i could be wrong

• @Milosuperspesh said: yes it can crack/break ribs but it can save people/help preserve life.

royal marines in a combat situation when a person is down/out has a bullet wound or just blown up...yeah there are other factors that decrease survival...if they are bleeding alot cpr isn't going to work.

larry was intact he had a chance..

If you don't break the ribs you aren't pressing down on the ol ticker, and he meant in everyday situations its pretty poor, in combat forget it lol but you're supposed to keep doing it until paramedics get to the scene with defibrillators, CPR is like a manual version of those to get back into the correct circadian rhythm or restart the heart. I tried to help even though I only got to 4, if I have the chance to saltlick kenny, justice will be done...I don't even know which is my original save anymore ive done pretty much everyangle!?

• @kingmartykim said: The reason why the band teacher became a zombie...i believe is because Lee's AXE has been used to kill zombies...which equals to dirty, full of zombie bacteria axe. In this case he used that infected axe on the teacher's leg....leading to infect him in the process. That's what i believe....i could be wrong

Doesn't touching exposed flesh with zombie flesh heighten and quicken the risk for infection?

• @Zeruis said: Doesn't touching exposed flesh with zombie flesh heighten and quicken the risk for infection?

i would assume if there's an exchange of fluids like blood/saliva/sweat then yes..

so usually you aim to touch the clothes or use something else to move them out the way.

• @kingmartykim said: The reason why the band teacher became a zombie...i believe is because Lee's AXE has been used to kill zombies...which equals to dirty, full of zombie bacteria axe. In this case he used that infected axe on the teacher's leg....leading to infect him in the process. That's what i believe....i could be wrong

And if you don't chop off David's leg, it's the kid that gets shot and he turns just as fast as David did, without the aid of walker juice.

• The facts are spoon fed to the player and yet some people still don't believe it..

yes 'david' died from the axe wound and turned but as ben clearly says when he makes a huge scene to tell them why david cameback

everyone is already infected....

• Okay, there is no risk of contamination in anything because there is no proven disease. Kirkman says in the above link on zombies that a zombie's bite kills because of a lethal infection, just like if you let a cut get infected. Infected doesn't imply a zombie strain, just contaminants in the air.

A zombie's bite is NOT always lethal. Dale is a bite survivor. There was one other...he bled out though.

Add Comment