User Avatar Image

Men thinking w/ their heads? Women & Choices

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 629 users

In every major game decision involving a man and woman, woman have come been heavily favorited.

75% chose Carley over Doug

87% choose not to shot Jolene

68% tried to help Lilly revive Larry, a guy that tried to kill you

Do you think it's coincidence or are men choosing women for other reasons, like possibly sex or romance?

Sometimes, like with Larry, it defies ration. He's not only a danger alive, he's clearly going to die and be a bigger threat.

If Katjaa where in a life or death situation I'm curious if guys would be so heroic. She older, not physically as attractive as Carley or Lilly, married w/ a kid. Personally, I think men would be less likely to help, like if it was Katjaa or Doug's life or helping Katjaa revive Kenny. You never know but it would be cool to test it out in an episode.

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Imo, I don't save the women because of sexual reasons. I saved Carley because she knew how to handle a gun. I didn't shoot Jolene because she was spilling beans about herself and the bandits. Also, I helped Lilly in the meat locker because I thought that Larry had a chance of surviving.

• Well I saved doug, Attempted to soot jolene but there was jsut a crosshair on her. But I did save larry all of these choices were not effected in anyway by woman. I am a straight male. I do what choices I believe in.

• I've been watching some playthroughs on youtube and reading some comments on the forums and some guys mention sex or romance. There's even a few popular threads about romance.

In all those situation, it does seem like the right thing to do. Maybe the writers need to do a better job challenging us to really figure this out.

• Tough to say but you may be on to something here. It might help if TTG released who got the food (really a snack) that Lee was distributing. I'm sure Clem got one of the food items but who got the other three? Women or men.

• @Kiel555 said: Tough to say but you may be on to something here. It might help if TTG released who got the food (really a snack) that Lee was distributing. I'm sure Clem got one of the food items but who got the other three? Women or men.

They did. In order of popularity, it was Clem, Duck, Mark and Larry.

Keep in mind Carley rejects the food and Lilly refuses it also (unless you're persistent). Kids are kids so... And feeding Larry makes Lilly happy.

Maybe the writers are making the appealing decisions so, but there is no instance when the majority of players don't side with the attractive woman on major decisions.

Even killing Danny St. John, Lilly says "I should kill you." She doesn't, but the majority of players do and yet spare the other brother. It's interesting b/c Lilly seems a little disappointed if you did kill Danny.

Guys can list other reasons for their choices, and maybe it just coincidence, but the motives are suspect.

I'll admit have thought and continue to think about future romantic relationships with Carley or Lilly. I'd probably be kidding myself if I said it didn't influence my decisions.

• Interesting title and how do you account for female players? I chose Carley, didn't kill the brothers (they were hoard food anyway), and tried to save Larry, and the only character I find attractive is Lee, except when he does his whipped puppy thing.

• Carley directly saves your life by shooting the zombie you're trying to keep off of Clementine.

Joline was in the midst of a monologue with plenty of dialogue options left.

Choosing to help Lily probably has more to do with players not wanting to kill one of their group members rather than her sex. Or they just hate Kenny - which is easy because of Duck.

• I for one chose to save Doug and I shot Jolene first chance I got!

It's not based on the sex of the characters, (for me) it's who do I think will be the most beneficial (to me) or if they are a threat, regardless of gender.

I too have watched quite alot of the youtube playthroughs mostly because I enjoy the commentary from those playing it the first time.. I like to hear them react to a scarey moment or tough decision.

But also realize it's a vast majority of males who play this game and make those video's, knowing they have an audience and cant help but say things like "oh hell yea i'm saving the girl, I can use her later! LOL"

Typical guy when he knows there's people watching.

One could also argue that a female playing this would choose to save Carley and not shoot Jolene as wanting to stick together. Girl Power so to speak!

But as I've said before, when I play this, I really try to imagine myself in the world of a ZA and focus on what I would do in that situation, not what I think would be the popular decision or make the viewers laugh!

Zombies dont care if your a pretty girl or nerdy guy. Equal opportunity for all.

hmmm maybe we could all learn something from zombies about equality! :rolleyes:

• For me personally I picked Carley because she saved my life twice and Doug didnt really have the best introductions imo. I didn't shoot Jolene because I was curious about what else she would say and it was obvious she wansn't with the bandits. In the meatlocker room I thought Larry could still be saved and hes an useful asset to the group.

@WowMutt said:

I too have watched quite alot of the youtube playthroughs mostly because I enjoy the commentary from those playing it the first time.. I like to hear them react to a scarey moment or tough decision.

offtopic: Do you have any recommendations of ppl who did a lets play of this. The ones I found were mainly by ppl who already played through it once.

• @strela said: For me personally I picked Carley because she saved my life twice and Doug didnt really have the best introductions imo. I didn't shoot Jolene because I was curious about what else she would say and it was obvious she wansn't with the bandits. In the meatlocker room I thought Larry could still be saved and hes an useful asset to the group.

offtopic: Do you have any recommendations of ppl who did a lets play of this. The ones I found were mainly by ppl who already played through it once.

one of my personal favorites is Hannah.. She's a Brit lady so she was fun to listen to.

Hannah
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL2ghNa5KPQ

Add Comment