User Avatar Image

Why the Silence?

posted by dankirk on - last edited - Viewed by 654 users

First, this is not a "Where is Episode 3?" thread.

My question is, what are the possible reasons for TTG's lack of response to the questions and concerns raised on the issue? There are many upset people on these forums, facebook, and other pages who are requesting information. I am happy to wait for the game, and I am sure it will be great. However, it is clear that this lack of communication is a departure from TTG's past practices. I have always appreciated and respected their accessibility and open communication in the past.

Again, I am not complaining, I am genuinely curious about their departure from prior practices, and would like to discuss possible reasons for it.

Are there legal reasons for the lack of communication?

Are there business reasons?

Could they feel that they have said enough, and do not owe the vocal internet posters any more information?

It is apparent that the lack of response to the many questions has resulted in a loss of trust and customers who will not purchase from TTG again. There must be valid reasons for the silence that outweigh the negative consequences.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If they had a sticky thread where only they could post to, and every Friday they posted a quick status update (e.g.: in play testing, or submitted for compliance, etc.), most of the complaints would be alleviated.

There must be reasons why they choose not to adopt such an easy resolution to most of the complaints. I simply wonder what the reasons are.

• @dankirk said: If they had a sticky thread where only they could post to, and every Friday they posted a quick status update (e.g.: in play testing, or submitted for compliance, etc.), most of the complaints would be alleviated.

There must be reasons why they choose not to adopt such an easy resolution to most of the complaints. I simply wonder what the reasons are.

nda...

bill gates has threatened their loved ones with 'buyouts'

they actually enjoy the abuse, the raging and the threats of boycotts ( i hope not )

• @dankirk said: If they had a sticky thread where only they could post to, and every Friday they posted a quick status update (e.g.: in play testing, or submitted for compliance, etc.), most of the complaints would be alleviated.

I suspect because they have work to do. I suspect that because they are making an adult game, they assume they are dealing with adults that don't require constant hand holding. Having already communicated that the episode is ready, pending approval, they're carrying on with their work on future episodes, so hopefully they can hear less of this in the future, which I highly doubt because someone always has to bitch.

• @daZza said: Why would anyone do this? Are you telling me the fucking PC Version is ready for months and they spent the last weeks coding the fucking console shit oO

If that is true this is gonna be my last game of TTG. FFS, how can you not release something if it's ready, that's just so dumb it hurts...

You do realize every game developer ever does this right? And movie developer... and author... have fun not enjoying anything ever then :D
    EDIT:For clarification, I mean the whole "wait even after its ready to go" deal.

• @Cyreen said: I suspect that because they are making an adult game, they assume they are dealing with adults that don't require constant hand holding.

This. There doesn't have to be a message about the status of the game every day. People complained about the silence. They got what they wanted and now want more. I dont think everyone will be happy until there is a daily blog explaining the progress they've made.

• @Cyreen said: I suspect because they have work to do. I suspect that because they are making an adult game, they assume they are dealing with adults that don't require constant hand holding.

What do you mean constant hand holding? giving somebody something they paid for on time or at least communicating why they are constantly wrong about their projected release dates doesn't really amount to "constant hand holding". I'm glad you're happy getting a third of what you paid for but to insult those who are not and accuse them of being children... well that's just ignorant. TT doesn't need your defense, and you sound pathetic.

• Let me reiterate; I am not complaining. In fact, I am tired of hearing the complaints. I have been a fan of TellTale since Sam and Max series 1. I don't like hearing people constantly ripping them. I assume that TellTale is tired and upset about all the complaints and negative sentiments on the web.

I'm sure that they would like to alleviate the complaining by communicating if they could. I wonder what is preventing them from doing so.

• @fiddilydee said: and you sound pathetic.

Some might consider constant whining, fighting, and hostility over a delayed game release pathetic.

• @fiddilydee said: What do you mean constant hand holding? giving somebody something they paid for on time or at least communicating why they are constantly wrong about their projected release dates doesn't really amount to "constant hand holding". I'm glad you're happy getting a third of what you paid for but to insult those who are not and accuse them of being children... well that's just ignorant. TT doesn't need your defense, and you sound pathetic.

The last part of my previous post applies to you. Have a nice day!

Add Comment