User Avatar Image

Disney!

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Everyone loves Disney right? OF COURSE I AM RIGHT. So heres a thread (Im not calling the title "the Disney thread" cos that's just stupid am I right!)

So anyway my fave Disney movies are Lion King Aladdin and Sleeping Beauty all epic journeys with epic villians and memorable protagonists (the 3 fairy's are the protagonist in Sleeping Beauty not the price or princess and they are memroble). I also love Fantasia and there TV cartoons I also love Disney merchendice just wish it wasnt expensive as holy hell.

So what's your fave disney movies and what do you love and hate about it?

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @StrongBrush1 said: I kind of grew up in an age where Disney focused less on animated films and more on Live action Films. Not that I haven't sat through quite a few of the classic animated features.

The animated films are usually good, but it's kind of hard for me to take them seriously, usually because the plot is the generic "princess meets and falls in love with the generic charming guy." Also, I got sick of Hakuna Matata pretty friggin' quickly.

You know, out of the 53 animated feature films Disney's produced, there's only three films that fit that description: Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty. Respectively released 1939, 1950, and 1959; nearly ten year gaps between each film.

Even if you fit any film that features a female lead that falls in love with a male character, that'd be 8 (Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, Mulan, and Princess and the Frog) out of 53. You'd be denying yourself of so many wonderful films if you discount the the 45 other films.

@StrongBrush1 said: Also, does anyone else remember watching the Disney Channel? You know, before they started showing... crap?

I don't think there was ever a period of time where they didn't show crap. If anything, Gravity Falls is pretty dang great. I'm glad the guy who did Imaginary Friend got his own show.

• @coolsome said: I loved Gargoyles Recess Lloyd in space Aladdin (TV show) and Goof Troop. (Im sure theres others I liked I cant think of anymore off hand.)

Didn't watch Gargoyles,I love Recess & Lloyd In Space,Aladdin was pretty good, & I don't really remember watching Goof Troop but I love A Goofy Movie.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I pretty much was glued to the Disney afternoon through my entire childhood. The only one I didn't particularly care for was Marsupilami.

• Although Marsupilami isn't a Disney thing, but created by Belgian comic artist André Franquin (who's also known for his "Spirou and Fantasio" comics).

• Thinking back on it, I realized something: there used to be a time when Shia LaBeouf wasn't just a walking joke. Seriously, go watch his performance in "Holes" and you'll begin to wonder if it's even the same guy. That or an episode or two of "Even Stevens".

• Every town
    Has its ups and down
    Sometime ups
    Outnumber the downs
    But not in Nottingham
    I'm inclined to believe
    If we were so down
    We'd up and leave
    We'd up and fly if we had wings for flyin'
    Can't you see the tears we're cryin'?
    Can't there be some happiness for me?
    Not in Nottingham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaQtKZUKlVg

(You should really listen to this Mumford and Sons cover)

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Laserschwert said: Although Marsupilami isn't a Disney thing, but created by Belgian comic artist André Franquin (who's also known for his "Spirou and Fantasio" comics).

The 1990's animation adaptation was by Disney though. I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but it wasn't my cup of tea back then.

• Arrrgggghh. THHAAAANNNKKK YYOYOOUUU DDDIIISSSNEEEYYYY

Add Comment