User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 4.0K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Assassin's Creed 1 8/10
    Great game but feels a little stretched out. There is no need for 9 total Assassinations. 6 would be more than enough. Combat is fine once you learn how to properly counter attacks. The sidequests are varied enough on the PC.
    I definitely got my 2.50€ out of the game but there are 2 nitpicks that will cost the game a full point each.

° Collectables are a great idea but if you make it seem that there is a bonus memory available if you get them all and then there is none they are just pointless. Unless of course you want all achievements on the 360. That doesn't effect the PC & PS3 version though. They should have been used better.

° The ending is pure bullshit. If I had bought the game for full price and seen that end I might have flipped the table. Especially when the sequel was so far away. You don't end your first game like this. I thought Ubisoft have learned that from the Beyond Good & Evil debacle.

(also those annoying beggars and "pushers")

The Blackwell Legacy 9/10
    Great adventure game that is only slightly more difficult than recent TTG episodes though. You actually never get stuck except for one point because they don't introduce a mechanic properly.

• Uncharted 8/10

Total Indiana Jones ripoff.

• Nah, Tomb Raider is an Indiana Jones rip-off. Uncharted IS Tomb Raider with a penis. I'm not even giving it the satisfaction of transferring the idea to the medium. They didn't even do that much.

• @Darth Marsden said: Spoilsport.

Last finished Ratchet & Clank 2. 8/10. Another written review explaining why! Woo!
    The review was written years ago, but I think it still holds up. Enjoy, et al.

I think you're right on this, although everything becoming a complete mess was part of the charm to me.

I think you completely skipped over a big problem with the game though. The ending was very anticlimactic. The final boss looks like it's going to be a big battle, but it's incredibly easy. It took me maybe a minute.

• [quote=johro;651485]nah, tomb raider is an indiana jones rip-off. Uncharted is tomb raider with a penis. [/quote]

:):):):)

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Remolay said: I think you're right on this, although everything becoming a complete mess was part of the charm to me.

I think you completely skipped over a big problem with the game though. The ending was very anticlimactic. The final boss looks like it's going to be a big battle, but it's incredibly easy. It took me maybe a minute.

Well yeah, if you use something like the RYNO, that final boss is a piece of piss. If you don't, then...

OK, yeah, it's still kinda easy. Fair point. But the whole 'Captain Quark is the bad guy' thing is still bullshit that comes from nowhere.

• Blackwell Unbound
    Oh dear. What should I say about the game? It's actually pretty solid. The puzzles have improved from the first one a bit but the graphics got worse. I'd rate it at the same level but I have one big problem with the game: The main character is a chain smoker. It's downright disgusting.
    I could have tried ignoring that but the game:
    a) counts how many times you smoke and
    b) has 2 achievements that are based around that counter. One is for smoking less than 20 times during the whole goddamn game (and believe me, that is hard to achieve! I prevented it again and again by simply reloading when an action didn't push the story along but lead to the usage of another cigarette ad still ended up with 18 smoked cigarettes at the end).
    The other achievement is for smoking over 100 deathsticks and I guess I'll never get that one.

So overall I'd rate it the same as the first one but that chainsmoker thing gets it down to:
    0/10. Yes. 0/10. I was seriously considering not playing this after the first scene. Disgusting shit.

• @Darth Marsden said:
    OK, yeah, it's still kinda easy. Fair point. But the whole 'Captain Quark is the bad guy' thing is still bullshit that comes from nowhere.

Actually, they drop hints toward it throughout the game, Like a code he gives you being "Quarktastic" in a galaxy where Quark is pretty much unheard of. It still feels kind of random when it happens because they didn't do a very good job at dropping those hints.

• @Remolay said: Actually, they drop hints toward it throughout the game, Like a code he gives you being "Quarktastic" in a galaxy where Quark is pretty much unheard of. It still feels kind of random when it happens because they didn't do a very good job at dropping those hints.

Hey Captain Qwark is known there...There is even a Qwark fanboy! :D

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Remolay said: Actually, they drop hints toward it throughout the game, Like a code he gives you being "Quarktastic" in a galaxy where Quark is pretty much unheard of. It still feels kind of random when it happens because they didn't do a very good job at dropping those hints.

It still feels like it comes from nowhere, which is the problem I had with it. If it had been better signposted or foreshadowed, I wouldn't have had such a problem with it. That final video where he reveals himself as Steve McQuark was utterly pointless though. Who was he recording it for? What was the point of it? Stupid.

Add Comment