User Avatar Image

Men thinking w/ their heads? Women & Choices

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 306 users

In every major game decision involving a man and woman, woman have come been heavily favorited.

75% chose Carley over Doug

87% choose not to shot Jolene

68% tried to help Lilly revive Larry, a guy that tried to kill you

Do you think it's coincidence or are men choosing women for other reasons, like possibly sex or romance?

Sometimes, like with Larry, it defies ration. He's not only a danger alive, he's clearly going to die and be a bigger threat.

If Katjaa where in a life or death situation I'm curious if guys would be so heroic. She older, not physically as attractive as Carley or Lilly, married w/ a kid. Personally, I think men would be less likely to help, like if it was Katjaa or Doug's life or helping Katjaa revive Kenny. You never know but it would be cool to test it out in an episode.

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Xirsche said: Well, from my point of view, Red Panda, it is as the situation demands. For example, on my first playthrough of both episodes in where I was completely honest all the way through, answering as *I* would were I in Lee's shoes, I didn't like Larry but I certainly didn't hate him. It takes a lot to make me hate something. Anyhow, I got to the point where me, as a former EMT medical student, impulsively tried to help Larry via chest compressions, only to find that horrid image of a salt lick collapsing Larry's cranium in. That alone made me detest Kenny. Larry I could stand because I know he's being cautious and generally in a foul mood due to the situation, but Kenny did something completely unnecessary and, to use Lee's words, "ruined two lives".

And then here's the rub: some players who were formerly pro-Kenny, because of what I had just described above, would play over the episodes again, this time going pro-Larry. It's basic psychology. They play, they find something they don't like about a character, they go back to make said character miserable knowing how he's going to act. Again, this is ALL purely what I gather, not saying what is and what isn't.

I think you're point of view is perfectly valid. It makes sense and it would be arrogant and foolish of me to claim I'm right.

• @GenericMartini said: Is the main reason everyone chose Carley was because she had a gun and could shoot? I thought she had some sorta personality.

My first run: I chose Carley purely because I didn't know anything about Doug. Didn't shoot Jolene because I want my Lee to save lives rather than take them. Didn't kill Larry because of my reason for not killing Jolene.

I went in with the mindset that I don't want to kill anyone, not because I favor women. Carley was picked because TellTale really missed the ball with Doug and giving me a reason to like him(made up for it, if you save him with Episode 2) But a lot of Youtube commentators(I know shouldn't bring them up) tend to believe that helping the chick means you get to bone her, so it's not unusual to think that males are favoring the chick for the wrong reasons.

I didn't kill people b/c I didn't want to kill people either, though I gave the woman at the hotel the gun. Like I've been saying, I could be completely off.

• @Cyreen said: This statistic is inaccurate because if you choose to reason with Larry the game counted that as siding with Larry against Kenny.

I did dislike Larry for being malicious, but I choose to save him because irregardless, I felt it was the right thing to do according to my moral compass.

Yeah, I think that scene was a bit confusing for a lot of people. When I suggested reasoning with Larry I simply meant try to talk him down instead of fight.

• my 'proper' playthrough I saved Carley because she had the gun and assumed yeah, she gets the ammo for the gun, shoots the zombies attacking her and therefore could save Doug too, how young and innocent I was back then...I shot Jolene after asking who she was

• Kenny changed from likeable hillbilly to redneck coward in Episode 2. That jerk said he had my back when I was about to ambush one of the brothers in the shed.

I suppose he was a coward all along though. He'd abandon/sacrifice the entire group if it meant getting not only his family, but also himself to safety. ;o

• @Red Panda said: One stat that goes against my theory is stealing from the car: Lilly clearly has reservations about it yet a majority of people steal, though it's a small majority (55%).

One explanation could be people can't make love on an empty stomach so they steal, thinking about being providers, which some women find attractive, but IDK.

Small majority is an oxymoron...lol.

• @Drbg said: Small majority is an oxymoron...lol.

haha true. A majority by a small margin :)

• @Red Panda said: I think you're point of view is perfectly valid. It makes sense and it would be arrogant and foolish of me to claim I'm right.

Oh, it's perfectly fine to give your own opinion. It's just the people who say stupid things like, "My opinion matters!" or "I'm right, you're wrong!". As long as you don't say anything of the sort (which I noticed you don't :)), then you're gold.

@Red Panda said: I didn't kill people b/c I didn't want to kill people either, though I gave the woman at the hotel the gun. Like I've been saying, I could be completely off.

I don't kill people unless I absolutely have to. If this were a survival sim, and there were people trying to pressure me for something, well...I'd shoot them in non-lethal places. Such as a shoulder and just above, below, or on the knees or something.

@Red Panda said: Yeah, I think that scene was a bit confusing for a lot of people. When I suggested reasoning with Larry I simply meant try to talk him down instead of fight.

Yeah, lots of other players got the same reaction. I did, too, on my first playthrough. I've been pro-Larry and pro-Lilly since episode 2.

@Red Panda said: Kenny changed from likeable hillbilly to redneck coward in Episode 2. That jerk said he had my back when I was about to ambush one of the brothers in the shed.

I suppose he was a coward all along though. He'd abandon/sacrifice the entire group if it meant getting not only his family, but also himself to safety. ;o

Yeah, I agree with you there. You mess up on one small thing with Kenny and he snaps, and leaves you for dead if he got the chance. See if I give his family any food ever again.

• you can argue people have short fuses like with temper tantrums, one wrong move and it all over..

imo kenny has always been pro family even in ep1 he laid it out for lee/us so if we cross him/duck/katjaa thats it..it on beetches

makes sense ?

• @Milosuperspesh said: you can argue people have short fuses like with temper tantrums, one wrong move and it all over..

imo kenny has always been pro family even in ep1 he laid it out for lee/us so if we cross him/duck/katjaa thats it..it on beetches

makes sense ?

Perfectly. That's the same vibe I got from him the instant he took Duck from the tractor. If I were in his shoes, I'd get Duck from the tractor, set him down out of reach of the undead and help Lee. That'd raise points for most likely a lot more players.

Add Comment