User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 7.5K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: It still feels like it comes from nowhere

It does? I thought it was obvious?

• @Rather Dashing said: It does? I thought it was obvious?

I dunno. It is in hindsight, obviously, but at the time I was ex-Actly like Miss Cross. "Alright, just what the fuck is going on?" I felt it made no sense and was badly set up. But hey ho.

• But it was not weird when Klunk just came back all good & well in Secret Agent Clank when he was blown up by Ratchet in Ratchet & Clank 3?

• Blackwell Unbound
    Oh dear. What should I say about the game? It's actually pretty solid. The puzzles have improved from the first one a bit but the graphics got worse.

I actually think that the graphics were made worse on purpose. It's a prequel. Makes sense :p As well as why there were no portraits in dialogues. And I really liked that, actually.

So overall I'd rate it the same as the first one but that chainsmoker thing gets it down to:
    0/10. Yes. 0/10. I was seriously considering not playing this after the first scene. Disgusting shit.

Uhm... wow. Okay.

• @Farlander said: Uhm... wow. Okay.

Well that's just me. The moment I am forced to consume drugs of any kind in a video game to move on is the moment I quit or my mood sinks to a point below hell.
    on the graphics: The audio commentary explains it a bit. The game was cookie cutter made of things that were meant for a larger game and it seems the engine couldn't handle it with better graphics:confused:

• on the graphics: The audio commentary explains it a bit. The game was cookie cutter made of things that were meant for a larger game and it seems the engine couldn't handle it with better graphics

I've listened to the commentary only for Blackwell Legacy so far. Honestly, I like my version of why the graphics quality is lower in Blackwell Unbound better :p

• @ryannumber1gamer said: But it was not weird when Klunk just came back all good & well in Secret Agent Clank when he was blown up by Ratchet in Ratchet & Clank 3?

That game is non-canon and anyone who try to convinces me otherwise is a moron.

• @Darth Marsden said: That game is non-canon and anyone who try to convinces me otherwise is a moron.

So it goes with some of that other stuff that you don't think exists. Batman & Robin,Batman Forever,Star Wars Episodes 1-3

• :D @ShaggE said: Arkham Asylum: 9.9/10

I docked a tiny bit for some bugginess, but this game... oh man, this game... it singlehandedly made up for years of crap Batman titles. One of my favorite aspects of Batman has always been the villains, so it's no wonder why I'm so enamored with Arkham Asylum. I just hope that Arkham City has more actual villain fighting in it.

Arham City: 7.5/10
    improved gadgets,gameplay,graphics, & character design but lacked in story compared to its predecessor. the story was still epic and had great character moments it's conclusion was 2 dark 4 me(& I like dark games & movie). despite the main plot being resolved,2 many other promblems/cliffhangers left unresolved & the final DLC,that takes place 2 weeks later only answers a few questions while stile leaving fans more confused,asking more questions, & no closure. overall, the game can be addictive but highly irritating & disappointing,story wise...

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Johro said: Nah, Tomb Raider is an Indiana Jones rip-off. Uncharted IS Tomb Raider with a penis. I'm not even giving it the satisfaction of transferring the idea to the medium. They didn't even do that much.

Tomb Raider ripped off Indiana Jones, Uncharted ripped off Tomb Raider. But there will be a twist because Tomb Raider is just about to rip off Uncharted, to the detriment of the series. :(

Add Comment