User Avatar Image

That Guy With The Glasses Thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 6.4K users

This is a thread to one of the most funniest reviewers and actors on the internet . The Nostalgia Critic played by Doug Walker. The Nostalgia Critic has given such wonderful jokes such as A BAT CREDIT CARD, or TIMING!, and such good videos and reviews such Casper,Top 11s,Batman & Robin,Old vs New Batman and i'm sure people remember his fight with the Nerd (another very funny reviewer on the internet) So anyway go ahead and talk about anything about The Nostalgia Critic. You can even talk about other people such as AVGN,Linkara,The Nostalgia Chick,Bum Reviews.

My question is what is your favorite Nostalgia Critic episode?

Mine is a tie between Top 11 Simpsons episodes,Top 11 Batman episodes,Junior,Batman & Robin, and Old vs New Batman vs The Dark Knight but if i had to pick i would say ether Junior or Top 11 Simpsons episodes.

395 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Has anyone seen the Scooby Doo review yet?

• @ryannumber1gamer said: Has anyone seen the Scooby Doo review yet?

I did although I liked the review I didn't hate the movie as much as The Nostalgia Critic's did.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

For the love of god, Ryan - BREAK. UP. YOUR. PARAGRAPHS.

I wasn't a fan of the 'save the world' aspect either, and I found the echoing in the scenes with the angel so muffling that I couldn't understand half of what was being said, but overall the review mentioned most of what I disliked with the film, especially the end villain, which was bullshit.

That said, I think I liked the concept more than I did the execution. Doing with a review with your younger, more naive self seems like a good concept, as does doing it with an older, more jaded version. But somehow it just didn't quite gel together as well as I felt it could. Maybe he just didn't explore it as much as he could have, I dunno.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Clearly you're not as big a fan as I thought. The guy in the dinosaur mask is Rob Walker, Doug's real-life brother, who's also occasionally known as 'The Other Guy'. He also portrays Santa Christ (who's long overdue for a return!).

Also, You if you're gonna have a spoiler tag, remember to put a at the end!

• I do know about Rob i just didn't know he did Dinosaur guy. Maybe Santa Christ might return in the Critic's next christmas episode. Also i know one episode of the Critic that makes everyone faceplaim,One that makes everyone want to slap The Critic for making this episode.....Bart's Nightmare. I don't get why people hate it. I didn't think it was bad but i didn't think it was funny ether.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: I don't get why people hate it. I didn't think it was bad but i didn't think it was funny ether.

It's an okay LP and showcases a game I glady haven't seen before. It was an experiment that fans of moviereviews didn't like it seems. The biggest problem with it is what you already said: It wasn't funny.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

I think we're all a little old to actually care about Scooby Doo, Ryan. The only reason I caught the first movie was because my University housemate was watching it on TV and I felt he'd need the support (I was right).

Beyond that, I couldn't give a flying fudgicle about the franchise. I didn't even know there was a cartoon where Shaggy and Velma are dating... and I don't really care (though I admit it does sound incredibly weird).

Add Comment