User Avatar Image

55% Lack Compassion...

posted by chaz99 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I was wondering why such a high % refused to let Irene have the gun and take her own life, knowing what was ahead for her.

Most interested in the ideas/opinions of those who refused to give her the gun, but all input welcome, as it should be.

Discuss and explain.

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Suicide by ax... I don't see that going well.

• There is no compassion in letting a person commit suicide. That was my reasoning behind not giving the gun, I wanted to shot her myself. I think no person deserves to die by their own hands. Even if you're fully broke and your self-preservation instinct is gone, you still have to break yourself even further to do that. That's no way to end a life.

Sadly, there is no choice for Lee to shoot Irene himself. If you don't give her the gun, she just takes it away and, well, does it anyway. And I didn't want to do that.

• If you know that your death (and subsequent reanimation) is going to result in the death of other innocent people, unless you take your own life, is it really suicide in the conventional sense? I think a zombie apocalypse would pretty much rewrite the rules.

As for shooting or being shot, I think I'd rather do it myself when I'm ready, than have someone "jump the gun".

• @chaz99 said: I was wondering why such a high % refused to let Irene have the gun and take her own life, knowing what was ahead for her.

Most interested in the ideas/opinions of those who refused to give her the gun, but all input welcome, as it should be.

Discuss and explain.

To me in my first play through, it was a given, I gave her the gun, and I tried to console her. I know there was no chance for her, and I wanted to give her an easy way out.

• I handed her the weapon

reason being i knew she had nothing else to do but put a bullet in her brain. why let her suffer and become a zombie.

• @The Real Jaybles said:
    3)I would actually have rather used the axe I had, I mean a bullet or just quickly one chop to the neck you wouldn't feel it right?

Yea chopping humans is not as easy as lee shows us during ep 2. Besides it would be gruesome as hell you want to kill it/let it be not torture her.

• This scene made me think of the movie The Mist. I still gave her the gun.

• What really stinks is that we really COULD have used that bullet Irene killed herself with. If Carley had had just ONE more bullet in the drug store (the one Irene used on herself), she might have been able to shoot the zombie grabbing her ankle, while Lee went to save Doug. Then we would have had both of them with us!

But I guess someone in the group had to die, in order to forge a closer bond between Lee and the one he saved (from a writing point of view, at least). Plus I'm probably over-analyzing the whole situation.

• Wow, I wish that was brought up in the game. If Lee realized the bullet needed to save Carley was used on Irene, I think he or Doug would have something to say about it.

• Allowing her to kill herself sends the group the wrong message
    It tells everyone to give up and that there is no hope
    Also guns are loud, zombies are scary, bullets are valuable and I do not kill

Add Comment