User Avatar Image

Batman thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 9.6K users

With Batman Arkham City coming out yesterday (uk) and the 18th of October (usa) and with me finishing it yesterday i throught it would be cool to open a batman thread so go ahead and say anything you want about batman you can talk about the games comics movies anything batman you can even make reviews of it ill start

Review of Batman Arkham Asylum

Story - The Joker breaks out of arkham and lets Batman capture him and bring him back but as Batman thinks it was too easy and thinks Joker is up to something he is proven Right as Joker takes control of arkham and kills many guards unleashes all of the inmates with the help of Harley Quinn and the inmates being killer choc Scarecrow and more of the villians from batmans past and with the pain of the riddler who makes batman solve all his riddles..its gonna be one big night for the dark knight

Gameplay - just belive me this is one of the best comic book games and it feels like you really are the dark knight as you fight,do puzzles and solve riddles it is really good gameplay

Overall - it is one of the best batman games if not one of the best comic book games made and if you can i would say ether get it along with the sequel Arkham City or if you can find it just get it so Batman Arkham Asylum gets a 9.0

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ryannumber1gamer said: (Thinks about hearing Joker's joke at the end of The killing Joke in Mark Hamill's Joker Voice)

Don't get me wrong - he'd be good, no doubt about it. But it still wouldn't do the scene justice in my eyes.

• I think rocksteady should/could finish the arkham franchise in 1 or 2 more games...
    batman city of terror
    hush takes over wayne interprises,& lauches a scheme 2 kill batman, while the inmates escape from the GCPD...main villains: HUSH, scarcrow, harlequin, poison ivy, redhood, lazara, fire fly, deathstroke, lady shiva,brainiac possessed oracle, nyssa al ghul,black mask, twoface, bane, & joker(scarecrow nightmare). others: riddler, killer croc, cluemaster, spoiler, damien(wayne) al ghul, creeper, ventriliquist, great white shark, terrible trio, lady clay, & ect...playable characters: batman, batgirl(cassandra cain), red robin, redhood, nightwing, & catwoman
    batman arkham world
    lockup traps the JL in watchtower while others are being killed by AMAZO, & turns the world into 1 big prison. batman & members of the new batman INC. st out 2 stop him.. main villains: lockup, brainiac, manbat, terrible trio, harlequin, poison ivy,superman(hypnotized by ivy's lip stick), talia al ghul, bane, black mask(jerhamia arkham),neuron, twoface, and joker(REVIVED). others: riddler, (peyton riley) ventriliquist, dead shot, fire fly, killer moth, queen bee, blockbuster, and ect.. playable characters: batman, blackbat, robin, nightwing, harlequin, joker, catwoman, and maybe red robin & batgirl(stephanie brown)... :D

• I still don’t fully believe that Joker is actually dead.

• @Joker93 said: I think Rocksteady should/could finish the Arkham franchise in 1 or 2 more games.
    Batman City of Terror
    Hush takes over Wayne Enterprises,& lauches a scheme to kill Batman, while the inmates escape from the GCPD. Main villains: Hush, Scarcrow, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Red Hood, lazara, Firefly, Deathstroke, Lady Shiva,Brainiac possessed Oracle, Nyssa Al Ghul,Black Mask, Two Face, Bane, & Joker(scarecrow nightmare). others: Riddler, Killer Croc, Cluemaster, Spoiler, Damien(Wayne) Al Ghul, Creeper, Ventriliquist, Great White Shark, The Terrible Trio, Lady Clay, & ect. Playable characters: Batman, Batgirl(Cassandra Cain), Red Robin, Red Hood, Nightwing, & Catwoman.
    Batman Arkham World
    Lockup traps the Justice League in The Watchtower while others are being killed by AMAZO, & turns the world into one big prison. Batman & members of the new Batman INC set out to stop him. Main villains: Lockup, Brainiac, ManBat, The Terrible Trio, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy,Superman(hypnotized by Ivy's lip stick), Talia Al Ghul, Bane, Black Mask(Jerhamia Arkham),Neuron, Two Face, and Joker(Revived). Others: The Riddler, (Peyton Riley) The Ventriliquist, Deadshot, Firefly, Killer Moth, Queen Bee, Blockbuster, and ect. Playable characters: Batman, Blackbat, Robin, Nightwing, Harley quinn, Joker, Catwoman, and maybe Red Robin & Batgirl(Stephanie Brown)... :D

1.I fixed up your post a bit until someone better can fix it but hopefully it can stop people annoying you about it until someone better can fix it.

2.Are you new to the Forums?

3.I think there only has to be another Arkham game which is Arkham World (or if two things happen. They do a prequel like people are saying they are doing or they make a great cliffhanger at the end of Arkham World and they make Batman Arkham Universe :D.

4. You got a good villain list but Harley Quinn is spelled like this and her name is spaced out and Talia would not be a villain since she tries to stop Joker from killing Batman in Arkham City and while you do got a good playable characters list, I don't think they would make Joker and Harley playable unless it was Challenge Maps but if you mean in game i don't think they would have that many playable characters in the main game. Maybe 4 playable characters in the main game (Batman,Catwoman,Robin (Tim Drake) and Nightwing).

• @ryannumber1gamer said: 1.I fixed up your post a bit until someone better can fix it but hopefully it can stop people annoying you about it until someone better can fix it.

The irony of you saying that is just hilarious.
    @ryannumber1gamer said: 2.Are you new to the Forums?His join date may give you a clue to that.
    @ryannumber1gamer said: 3.I think there only has to be another Arkham game which is Arkham World (or if two things happen. They do a prequel like people are saying they are doing or they make a great cliffhanger at the end of Arkham World and they make Batman Arkham Universe :D.Really, they can't make Gotham any bigger than it already is. The game would just be too unfocused. AC was on the border of being that as is, I really don't want to imagine what a bigger sandbox would be like.
    @ryannumber1gamer said: 4. You got a good villain list but Harley Quinn is spelled like this and her name is spaced out and Talia would not be a villain since she tries to stop Joker from killing Batman in Arkham City and while you do got a good playable characters list, I don't think they would make Joker and Harley playable unless it was Challenge Maps but if you mean in game i don't think they would have that many playable characters in the main game. Maybe 4 playable characters in the main game (Batman,Catwoman,Robin (Tim Drake) and Nightwing).And here's where that first quote comes into play again. Oh sweet, delicious irony.

But yeah, the idea of switching between different main characters is kinda cool. Maybe replace Catwoman with Batgirl or the Huntress, but yeah, I like it. Just don't have too many, or people will feel overwhelmed.

• @Darth Marsden said: The irony of you saying that is just hilarious.
    His join date may give you a clue to that.
    Really, they can't make Gotham any bigger than it already is. The game would just be too unfocused. AC was on the border of being that as is, I really don't want to imagine what a bigger sandbox would be like.
    And here's where that first quote comes into play again. Oh sweet, delicious irony.

But yeah, the idea of switching between four main characters is kinda cool. Maybe replace Catwoman with Batgirl or the Huntress, but yeah, I like it.

OK Darth we get it i'm a bad speller but will you please stop going over about it. You're like a parrot.

Anyway back to topic. If they do bring Catwoman back i hope they improve her skills to climb bulidings. But i hope they make Batgirl a playable character. Also i forgot to say in my reply why did you say Red Hood be a villain and a playable character?

• @ryannumber1gamer said: 1.I fixed up your post a bit until someone better can fix it but hopefully it can stop people annoying you about it until someone better can fix it.

2.Are you new to the Forums?

3.I think there only has to be another Arkham game which is Arkham World (or if two things happen. They do a prequel like people are saying they are doing or they make a great cliffhanger at the end of Arkham World and they make Batman Arkham Universe :D.

4. You got a good villain list but Harley Quinn is spelled like this and her name is spaced out and Talia would not be a villain since she tries to stop Joker from killing Batman in Arkham City and while you do got a good playable characters list, I don't think they would make Joker and Harley playable unless it was Challenge Maps but if you mean in game i don't think they would have that many playable characters in the main game. Maybe 4 playable characters in the main game (Batman,Catwoman,Robin (Tim Drake) and Nightwing).

1.thank you.
    2. yes
    3. there was so much crap in the game left open I felt it wasn't time 4 AW yet but your idea's good to :)
    4. I DON'T KNOW WHY I KEEP MISSPELLING HER NAME lol but i guess i was thinking along the lines of RA'S using talia's body/lazurus pit currupts her...yes I thought challenge maps but make them unique to the character this time(not the same maps designed for batman, like in AA & AC),somewhat story relavent. make all characters playable at the end! AA didn't give joker free roam & AC didn't give robin & nightwing it either. lastly, I think the asain batgirl deserves some big publicity don't you :p

• @Joker93 said: 1.Thank you.
    2. Yes
    3. There was so much crap in the game left open. I felt it wasn't time for Arkham World yet but your idea's good too :).
    4. I DON'T KNOW WHY I KEEP MISSPELLING HER NAME lol. But i guess i was thinking along the lines of Ra's puting Talia's body into the lazurus pit currupts her. Yes I thought challenge maps but make them unique to the character this time(not the same maps designed for Batman, like in Arkham Asylum & Arkham City),Somewhat story relavent. Make all characters playable at the end! Arkham Asylum didn't give Joker free roam & Arkham City didn't give Robin & Nightwing it either. Bastly, I think that Batgirl deserves some big publicity don't you?:p

1.Fixed again, Sorry about that last Batgirl part but i didn't know what you were trying to say so i just said ''That Batgirl''.

2.Yes i agree but to tell you the truth i don't really know any other Batgirls other than Barbra because i didn't read that many comics (I actually started reading the graphic novels like Batman The Dark Knight rises and The Killing joke and Batman Hush.

3. I agree i wish we could free roam with them but there's one problem with Joker's free roaming and that is there is no way he could climb buildings :D.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: OK Darth we get it i'm a bad speller but will you please stop going over about it. You're like a parrot.

Anyway back to topic. If they do bring Catwoman back i hope they improve her skills to climb bulidings. But i hope they make Batgirl a playable character. Also i forgot to say in my reply why did you say Red Hood be a villain and a playable character?

he's an ineresting caracter that challengs batman in a dark way. batman failed to save him from joker,who beats him to death, &,after AC's ending, just his presence is a reminder of batman's failures. it opens the doors 22 a great plot & i'll explain the rest later I'm late 4 a party!!!!

• @ryannumber1gamer said: OK Darth we get it i'm a bad speller but will you please stop going over about it. You're like a parrot.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see when the game takes place. Honestly, if it is going to be a prequel showing Batman's first time tangoing with Mr. J, then there would be so many characters that would not be around. Harley Quinn, for one, and likely not Batgirl or Tim Drake as Robin. We might, MIGHT, see a young Dick Grayson as Robin, but that's uncertain.

As for there being a bigger sandbox, the way around that is to come up with driving/flying controls and let us have the Batmobile and/or Batwing.

Add Comment