User Avatar Image

Favorite Moments

posted by Cyreen on - last edited - Viewed by 888 users

For those of you who are here because you like the game, tell me your favorite moments/lines in the episodes to date. For example, one of my favorite lines is if you told the brothers that Lee is from Macon, upon meeting Brenda she replies "They grow 'em good there!"

What are yours?

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ommmnomnomnom said: My favorite moment is truly going to be seeing this: episode 3 downloaded 100%

But there's still episode 4 and 5 to bitch about. Don't sell yourself short yet.

Andy's reaction if you give him the silent treatment in the barn after finding the slaughter house.

• @Cyreen said: But there's still episode 4 and 5 to bitch about. Don't sell yourself short yet.

Andy's reaction if you give him the silent treatment in the barn after finding the slaughter house.

Where is there bitching? I'm saying the best moment will be when it's downloaded, it's complete truth. And when I've played episode 3, one of the best moments will be downloading 4, then 5. There is nothing negative in my comment what so ever, just chill and stop taking everything so badly.

• Ugh...so many good moments and we are only two episodes in (sadly...). I realize most of my favorites are from Episode 2, which is not to knock Episode 1 but I just think 2 is stronger.

I will try to narrow to five in drama and comedy (I just can't resist!):

Comedy:
    5) Kenny's "Urban" comment to Lee- Kenny's defense to his racist remark made me laugh out loud!
    4) Duck trying to guess Clem's drawing- Clem was totally justified with her reaction!
    3) Larry apologizing- Well apologizing is a stretch, but his reaction to having Mark talk about how Larry is just looking out for Lilly made me laugh. What a great way to have a cantankerous character backed into a corner where anything but retracting his last statement would just make him a creep!
    2) Batteries huh?- Nice fan service Telltale :)
    1) Did you lick it?- You know the answer :)

5) Killing Sandra- One of the few actual zombie fighting scenes and what a payoff!
    4) Doug or Carley- Not because it was a hard choice (Carley is just too great a character!), but because it was a choice that affects all the following episodes (I hope!)
    3) Diving the food- I seriously took forever with this because I kept mulling over how I should divide my food. Obviously kids first, but who else deserved food? I got very few complaints from the group though so I hope I made the right choice!
    2) Sparing Andy's Life- I felt there was a fitting justice leaving the cannibals to be eaten by the real cannibals instead of just killing them. I wouldn't have killed them anyways (spared Danny too), but it seemed a better payoff hearing a battered and defeated Andy calling out Lee's name as the group walked away from the barn.
    1) The Meatlocker- A stone literally fell in my stomach when Kenny crushed Larry's head while I tried to revive Larry. It was the hardest gut punch in the whole game and I couldn't stop thinking about it for a while, so it must be my favorite moment so far!

• @zgamer said:
    1) The Meatlocker- A stone literally fell in my stomach when Kenny crushed Larry's head while I tried to revive Larry. It was the hardest gut punch in the whole game and I couldn't stop thinking about it for a while, so it must be my favorite moment so far!

the great thing about that part, is that on my first go i sided with kenny and smashed larrys skull and although a hard choice i haven't changed my mind as to thinking it was the right choice , but on my second play through i was being opposite (mirror universe Lee) so i was team lilly and pro killing duck (bit disappointed that i couldn't in that play through) so when i came to the choice to save larry i helped (i expected a zombie fight) and i was genuinely shocked, it was like a sucker punch, although the lack of difference was slightly disappointing the genuine shock i felt made it worth it, and i had already seen it happen before it must have been even more of a shock for people on their first try, having no control over a situation you believe is under your control can actually be entertaining (sometimes)

• For me the salt lick comment and Carleys expression in episode one once doug gets taken.

@Cyreen said: For those of you who are here because you like the game, tell me your favorite moments/lines in the episodes to date. For example, one of my favorite lines is if you told the brothers that Lee is from Macon, upon meeting Brenda she replies "They grow 'em good there!"

What are yours?

@Cyreen said: My favorite moment is truly going to be seeing this: episode 3 downloaded 100%

Hope you listen/read better ingame.

• @thestalkinghead said: the great thing about that part, is that on my first go i sided with kenny and smashed larrys skull and although a hard choice i haven't changed my mind as to thinking it was the right choice , but on my second play through i was being opposite (mirror universe Lee) so i was team lilly and pro killing duck (bit disappointed that i couldn't in that play through) so when i came to the choice to save larry i helped (i expected a zombie fight) and i was genuinely shocked, it was like a sucker punch, although the lack of difference was slightly disappointing the genuine shock i felt made it worth it, and i had already seen it happen before it must have been even more of a shock for people on their first try, having no control over a situation you believe is under your control can actually be entertaining (sometimes)

Very true! Doing it on my first playthrough, I just had my mouth agape going "Wha...wha...NO...No, that did not just happen!" I say there was enough of a difference in terms of consequences, but yeah I agree. Although I personally just felt sick watching Lee pull Lilly away while Kenny killed Larry in that option (Poor Lilly :(). Telltale is very good at making each choice have their own emotional weight, whether it's shock with saving Larry or the growing guilt taking each box individually out of the car you loot.

• @ommmnomnomnom said: There is nothing negative in my comment what so ever, just chill and stop taking everything so badly.

Really (again)? I was teasing. You want a pissing contest, pick someone who can write their name in the snow, I'm really not interested.

More of a "WTH?" moment, but Doug calling out to Lee when he was getting the keys, first to see if he'd gotten them yet and next his little panic attack that seemed to be what actually detracted the zombies attention from the televisions ("shut up!"). It may very well have contributed to my choosing Carley the first time through.

• @zgamer said:
    4) Duck trying to guess Clem's drawing- Clem was totally justified with her reaction!

Clem: Guess what it is. (Holds up picture of cat.)
    Ben: I don't know...a dog?
    Duck: Oh, I know! It's a goat, right?
    Clem: NO!

Made me laugh.

• @SoulReaper113 said: "I've got charm coming out of my ass!"

"...I don't know..."

Duck and Ben unable to figure out what Clem Clem drew, leading to her having the best "I'm surrounded by retarded ferrets" face I've ever seen in a video game.

i dont remember that scene!

• @zgamer said: Very true! Doing it on my first playthrough, I just had my mouth agape going "Wha...wha...NO...No, that did not just happen!" I say there was enough of a difference in terms of consequences, but yeah I agree. Although I personally just felt sick watching Lee pull Lilly away while Kenny killed Larry in that option (Poor Lilly :(). Telltale is very good at making each choice have their own emotional weight, whether it's shock with saving Larry or the growing guilt taking each box individually out of the car you loot.

It's fun to see all the different choices people made and their reasons why.
    I for one sided with Kenny (from the start) and I killed Larry with the salt lick and thought "paybacks a Lick isnt it ya old dead bastage"!

The ONLY thing that gave me a hint of regret was Clems "Noooooooooo" reaction. Just because she saw me do that and Ive been trying to keep her trusting me. But to a point because I'm the adult, she the kid. "we're in the middle of a zombie apocalypse little girl, ya better learn to suck it up"!

Add Comment