User Avatar Image

Bad Comic Canon Intergration?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 513 users

Was integrating the comic canon so much such a good idea?

In some ways it ruins the story. You know Glen is going to leave. You know Lilly has go. It makes it harder to connect with these characters.

I've never read the comic, probably never will b/c I don't read comics, and while it's cool to have some back story to the characters in the comic, I really don't care in the grand scheme of things.

I never heard of Lilly before this game and I bet a lot of people haven't. (Probably a lot of have though, to be fair.)

But with Kirkman's new novel, and what we know from the comic, it's spoilers and ruins the flow of the canon all at once.

For example, Lilly's Dad's name is Everett, not Larry, in the comic. And he doesn't die of a heart attack. And when the outbreak occurred, she was with a friend, not this group.

I think what they did with Glen was cool, but what they did was Lilly went too far.

Lilly, or any other prominent character, should have never been integrated so much.

It's just my opinion.

Since things are already out of whack with the comic canon, I hope they develop Lilly more. I want to see how her worldview changes after Larry's death. (Something tells me she'll be gone episode 3, though.) I see Kenny in episode 4 and I wouldn't mind not seeing him around.

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Damn, I was gonna post the quote. Ah well. I don't mind having three takes on the continuity. The comics are awesome, the game is great, and the show is kinda neat. I don't need them to all be in sync with one another to like em.

• I really could care less if the game is canon to the comics. In another note, seems Robert Kirkman is impressed by the game:
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/75412/walking-dead-creator-impressed-by-telltale-game

• @Goldrock said: and i really dont think people have the right to say whats canon and whats not considering the kirk himself is perfectly fine with the game series and the simple fact the twd series is a ongoing series.

But if the game conflicts with the canon(which it will if this stuff is true), then only one of these can be correct, and odds are it will be the stuff kirkman rights.

• I know, telltale games is delaying episode 4 and 5 so they can read the book out in october, and force lily ro go canon with the last two episode. I bet you money we see the book in october, on the release date the publisher promoted, and has been advertising before we see episode 4? Any takers on that bet?

• @ommmnomnomnom said: Kenny is around until episode 4, we see him looking up at that drain with the dude who stabs the zombies in the episode 3 preview and Lee of course :p Not everyone has read them, me included, are they worth the redonkulous price tag?

Not sure about the redonkulous price tag but the compendium (??) books are about $20 on Amazon. I'm collecting them. (These are the ones with multiple issues of the comics in them.)

Are you talking about the novels or the comics? I haven't read the novels, although plan to do so soon, but the comics are fantastic. I don't normally read them - did when I was 12/13 - but these are wonderful! Great story arcs. No one is safe. All of the great characters get killed, but Kirkman just sends in a new one right after. He's got a nice gift for character creation. I recommend them.

• @godzilla999666 said: I know, telltale games is delaying episode 4 and 5 so they can read the book out in october, and force lily ro go canon with the last two episode. I bet you money we see the book in october, on the release date the publisher promoted, and has been advertising before we see episode 4? Any takers on that bet?

They're already recording episode 4. They posted a pic on facebook. If the trend continues, it looks like ep 4 will come out the end of Oct./Early Nov. I would be surprised if they pushed that back. I would think they could just consult Kirkman. IDK

• @Red Panda said: They're already recording episode 4. They posted a pic on facebook. If the trend continues, it looks like ep 4 will come out the end of Oct./Early Nov. I would be surprised if they pushed that back. I would think they could just consult Kirkman. IDK

Watch episode 4 finish before 3.

• @Master of Aeons said: Watch episode 4 finish before 3.

My friend, its sony and microsoft, not telltale delaying these things, these console adaptations and publications are what is causing this to be pushed back--it has never been telltales game design delaying them...just sony and microsoft! :mad:

• @Sir Fruitcakes said: My friend, its sony and microsoft, not telltale delaying these things, these console adaptations and publications are what is causing this to be pushed back--it has never been telltales game design delaying them...just sony and microsoft! :mad:

I wish that i felt like you do.

• Relax, Fruitcake. I'm only joking. I'm patiently waiting and have a new Kingdom Hearts game to fill my time. Look up my posts in other threads before you assume I'm one of THEM.

Add Comment