User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.3K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • been playing arkham city non stop..just waiting on last of us to come out :D

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Still on Ratchet & Clank 2, which I've discovered becomes much more entertaining if you play Zero Punctuation in the background while you replay the levels for the seventeenth time. Well, sort of. It keeps me going. Kinda.

• @Gman5852 said: Ok, I'm getting a little bit mad. I have exactly 2900 EMS, and I need 3100 EMS for the "best" ending in ME3, but... I don't know what else to do! I 100% all the areas(except for some where there is nothing found no matter what I do) and am pretty sure I've taken care of all the citadel quests/did all the side quests.

I don't even know why I'm so desperate to get this ending, it barely is different than the rest, but I still am trying to find that 200 EMS!
    EDIT:Its a bit more annoying because looking over the list, I've found not one, but 2 different areas where the game says I did something I clearly didn't do which hurt the military because of this, I shouldn't get mad over this because it isn't that good of an ending, but come on!

"Best" ending is subjective. It's only the best ending if you think all synthetics need to die and if you just HAVE to have Shepard live. In my opinion, it's the absolute worst ending.

• @Marsbergen said: Anyone here ever played the point n' click called "The Journey Down"?

I've been thinking of picking it up. (Yes, I know only Chapter 1 is done. It just looks like something I want to support)

Not only have people here heard of it, we have a whole thread for it :)

Haven't played it myself yet, but I'll get around to it.

• @Woodsyblue said: Not only have people here heard of it, we have a whole thread for it :)

Haven't played it myself yet, but I'll get around to it.

Thank you.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Playing through the first Mario & Luigi again. Never got all that far into it, so I'm hoping to rectify that this time round. Every time I play it I always forget just how much FUN it is - and just how funny it is too. I HAVE FURY!

• @Shadowknight1 said: "Best" ending is subjective. It's only the best ending if you think all synthetics need to die and if you just HAVE to have Shepard live. In my opinion, it's the absolute worst ending.

I don't think all Synthetics need to die, I think all Reapers need to die, synthetics just happen to be part of the casualties. Controlling them always has the risk of them going rogue, I forgot the third option, and the fourth is just pure failure, no way I'm doing that one.

If I can get Shepard to live, that's a bonus, but looks like he be dead now :p

• Xenoblade Chronicals...

Why was this game have such a big fuss again? I'm finding more bad things about the game than good things.

EDIT:This game has so many bad design choices it's hilarious. So I can "see" the future and tell what enemies are going to do and to who, cool, but if I don't react in time, do I really need to see the game stop doing everything, and let me watch the enemy do that attack? Also, how in the world am I even supposed to react IF I'M NOT TOLD WHICH ENEMY IT IS! Great, one of the fly enemies will attack, there's 30 of them, which one? And how come the prediction only shows 25% of the time? Do I need to have the enemy selected(another bad design choice, why does it matter that I'm selecting a specific enemy and why do I flat out ignore all the others and let them kill me? And why are my powers restricted unless that specific enemy is right next to me?) for it to show? Does the terrible UI move it somewhere? Is it just some glitch?

I'm trying to play a bit longer, but this game just isn't good!

• I got to decide who lived or died back in ME2 it CERTAINLY wasn't moving in any way. However, in ME3 Thane dying moved me and Grunt almost perishing like a bad dude, nearly brought me to tears. Aside from those sad moments there were other 'moving' moments but in different ways. The events surrounding Thane's death were awesome. I really thought Thane was going to win his fight with Kai Leng until the BASTARD stabbed him. Besides that there was the opening of the game where we are effectively fleeing while watching the reapers landing on on Earth. Or how about holding the entire damn Quarian army at bay (with them probably taking fire) while their greatest enemy of all time gains true awareness, all in the slim hope that said enemy likewise ceases fire and doesn't instead blow them all away once they truly become self aware.

Then there was meeting the various characters from previous games each having their moment in the sun, or little things like the subdued fear in Hackett's voice when he realized the crucible is not firing or hearing the betrayal in Grunt's voice when you basically sacrifice Arlack Company to save the Rachni. If you choose, however, to let Arlack company live you have to live with Rachni queen dying moments as she 'embraces the silence.'

More than that the game was expertly directed. Unlike the previous games where the cutscenes felt stilted, interactive and otherwise, ME3's flowed like butter 90 percent of the time. This was also helped by stunning visuals and great music.

So many great moments and almost universally excellent characters not to mention a subdued feeling of desperation through the game. Earth and other homeworlds are being invaded, Cerberus goes crazy and attacks the Citadel courtesy of an indoctrinated Illusive Man and an infuriatingly cool Kai Leng. People die, secrets are revealed and every single homeworld is pushed to the brink.

As for boss fights, they almost always suck in the vast majority of games so why bother. Even ME series is not immune. The tedious fights against Saren and the Human Reaper prove, quite devastatingly, that ME3 didn't need them.

When people say the whole game was bad I think they can't see the forest for the trees. A lousy ending doesn't take away from the fact that the rest of the game was freaking great.

• @vasilakosj said: When people say the whole game was bad I think they can't see the forest for the trees. A lousy ending doesn't take away from the fact that the rest of the game was freaking great.

There are a lot more issues with that game beyond a poor ending though.

There's that, the fact that they throw that assassin guy for no reason but to promote their IOS game, Udina betraying all of the citadel for no reason whatsoever, the fact that the people are asking us to help themselves with random problems so I can... save them from the world ending. Yeah, that's the best way to keep yourself alive, pointlessly make the guy that's trying to save you do random work for you and then think about supporting you. Then there's the fact that they send that Rico(That was his name? Your first squad member)character out of no where, the stupid war assets idea that forces you to make specific decisions over the ones you want, or play multiplayer(which not everyone can thanks to Xbox Gold memberships) unless you want an ending where your squad mates die or earth gets screwed over, they literally start hinting at a Joker + EDI... thing going on(and make it ok if you choose synthesis), you only get two new squadmates, one of which sucks, the other is EDI, so you basically get nothing but the squad mates from the first game, and a middle finger if you romanced anybody from the second(I didn't, but that's still an issue).

Yeah, there's a lot more than just an ending, ME2 is still my favorite in the series.

Add Comment