User Avatar Image

Batman thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 5.7K users

With Batman Arkham City coming out yesterday (uk) and the 18th of October (usa) and with me finishing it yesterday i throught it would be cool to open a batman thread so go ahead and say anything you want about batman you can talk about the games comics movies anything batman you can even make reviews of it ill start

Review of Batman Arkham Asylum

Story - The Joker breaks out of arkham and lets Batman capture him and bring him back but as Batman thinks it was too easy and thinks Joker is up to something he is proven Right as Joker takes control of arkham and kills many guards unleashes all of the inmates with the help of Harley Quinn and the inmates being killer choc Scarecrow and more of the villians from batmans past and with the pain of the riddler who makes batman solve all his riddles..its gonna be one big night for the dark knight

Gameplay - just belive me this is one of the best comic book games and it feels like you really are the dark knight as you fight,do puzzles and solve riddles it is really good gameplay

Overall - it is one of the best batman games if not one of the best comic book games made and if you can i would say ether get it along with the sequel Arkham City or if you can find it just get it so Batman Arkham Asylum gets a 9.0

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The thing is, we won't know what's going on until Rocksteady/WB actually officially announces something. Everything we've heard thus far is rumor.

• @Shadowknight1 said: The thing is, we won't know what's going on until Rocksteady/WB actually officially announces something. Everything we've heard thus far is rumor.

as far as rumors go,we can't go off them. There were rumors of me,back in high school, that I wanted to marry & have sex with my best friend. Other parts of the rumor scared her & it ruined my freshmen year so lets keep in mind that, until we hear an official announcement, everything's speculation, NOT facts

• Of course, we're probably waiting years if they do another sequel. That's if they go forward with the next game they're talking about. I'm not so sure it would be successful and I hope they have the same doubts. Dini did a fantastic job in Asylum of taking what everybody knew about Batman and expanding upon it. City had some loose ends and could've been done slightly better(compared to Asylum). Now someone is going to destroy this "world" trying to retcon it. These origin stories have been told and retold and while Dini just let them exist and didn't pigeon hole one story or another, alienating certain fans, this next instalment, will.

A good game is a good game, but pleasing such a wide spectrum of fans, is very hard and I don't think they're going to respect that. I'm not even the least bit excited about the latest idea and honestly, I hope it's scrapped.

• Maybe if go and try blowing up random walls in Arkham City we might find a secret room with plans for an Arkham World.

• @Johro said: Of course, we're probably waiting years if they do another sequel. That's if they go forward with the next game they're talking about. I'm not so sure it would be successful and I hope they have the same doubts. Dini did a fantastic job in Asylum of taking what everybody knew about Batman and expanding upon it. City had some loose ends and could've been done slightly better(compared to Asylum). Now someone is going to destroy this "world" trying to retcon it. These origin stories have been told and retold and while Dini just let them exist and didn't pigeon hole one story or another, alienating certain fans, this next instalment, will.

A good game is a good game, but pleasing such a wide spectrum of fans, is very hard and I don't think they're going to respect that. I'm not even the least bit excited about the latest idea and honestly, I hope it's scrapped.

Even if these rumors are true, I've yet to see anything about a retcon.

• It's pretty hard to make a prequel within the universe, especially one that's going to be ~10hrs long and not retcon anything while trying to tie everything in. The thing also is that everybody except the die-hard fans, love retconning. They think it's clever and it wraps the new property around the existing famous property. Sometimes it works, usually it doesn't. I just think they're playing with fire on this.

Oh and I'm not talking about a dismissal retcon. That would just be crazy for them to do. I was more implying the "oh we forgot to mention" retconning that is quite common in comics.

• One of the best Joker lines:

Joker:Gotta give the boy points he came all the way from the dead to make the party happen!

It shows even when the Joker is in risk of being killed he still can make jokes and it is followed up by a great part between Red Hood/Jason Todd and Batman about why Batman won't kill Joker.

• Read the last post I made concerning what I was sold in the Whatever’s On Your Mind tread. Great deal I got!

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

You mean this post? Yeah, that's a pretty good deal!

• Yeah, it was. I got a guy who’s working to get me the complete collection of The New Scooby-Doo Movies for under twelve bucks.

Not that that has anything to do with Batman, though.

Well...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMNsI9qh5TQ

At 0:22.

Add Comment