User Avatar Image

Updater,time attack and contests.

posted by TomSuperman on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

As we all know that the main problem with Sam and Max is that their is not enough content because alot of space in the 400Mb file is used on old recycled areas.

:D Why not instead make an updater which would be available 2 days before the release of the first episode. This will contain all the areas of the first episode in season 3 and non talking versions of each character kinda like a debug with a movable Sam.Which means besides minor graphical updates of old areas it would be possible to fit a lot of new content in the 400 Mb file.Whenever we download a new episode after season one we will be given files such as which episode we got and which episode we wont' to download and there would be a small update file which would only add new stuff in each episode game which wasn't available before the episode.

:D Their will be 2 links for more flexibility the first one minimum which would not contain Easter eggs and side missions and probably be of 300 Mb. We would then download extras which would contains Easter eggs and side missions and be 100 MB. Also by doing this telltale could offer extra content for each episode for a fee thus giving episodic games an xbox live feel.

:D Then their should be time attack feature with a leader board for bragging rights.

:D Then they should either put a special mini game in each sam and max episode or be able as a standalone download of 10 mbs with a leader board and the person who has the highest score before the worldwide release of the new sam and max episode would get a prize.

Prizes might be: Episode one (Sam and Max DVD), Episode 2 (Sam and max season 1 with case file and soundtrack), Episode 3 (Sam and Max Season2 with case file and soundtrack) Episode 4 (Sam and Max T-Shirts and caps) Episode 5 (Sam and Max effigy mound) Episode6 (First person to get season 3 with case file and soundtrack). Player with best overall score (Original first edition Sam and Max comic signed by Steve Purcell with new Sam and Max hardcover comic)

62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Did any body notice that that in my other thread which has an older post than this has a
    submission date of 2:56 today and this is 2:13 today is this a glitch?

• None of the easter eggs or "side missions" (if any) have been significant enough to increase the size of the download by 100MB.

• where did he get 400mb from?

the download was 100ish and the instalation is around 1.4gig

• Sorry, but this is wrong on so many levels. So far Telltale has been the only one's to get episodic gaming right. They should not be changing their formula right now. If they want to add extra stuff then there is nothing stopping them. Anyone who doesn't have the bandwidth to download the episodes always has the option of the physical CD/DVD.
    Remember, there is a reason why Windows Live Gaming failed within about 3 days of being launched. This is a PC, not a console.

• I said it before and I'll say it again...

DONT FEED THE TROLL!

• @Sir Lemming said: None of the easter eggs or "side missions" (if any) have been significant enough to increase the size of the download by 100MB.

What about the fact that we have download the same environment wouldn't it be more convenient if we only have to download it once it would increase Gameplay time so much.

• 1. TomSuperman, you need to stop this. We're getting annoyed with this.
    2. dg10050, I agree. This is a PC, not a CONSOLE. There's a significant difference between the two. You want Sam and Max on a console, wait for Fall for S1 to come out on the Wii.
    3. I'm happy with the content there is. It's episodic, you shouldn't expect more than 1 or 2 or 3 huge differences between episodes.
    4. There's a reason Sam and Max is episodic. It's to simplify the development. Gameplay time isn't a big enough deal that we only download the enviornments once. I counted, Reality 2.0 only ate up 2 hours to complete the episode and exhaust all conversation options WITHOUT HELP.

• Has everybody forgot about time attack and mini games.

• [QUOTE=Urban Nerdo;65509]1. TomSuperman, you need to stop this. We're getting annoyed with this.
    2. dg10050, I agree. This is a PC, not a CONSOLE. There's a significant difference between the two. You want Sam and Max on a console, wait for Fall for S1 to come out on the Wii.
    3. I'm happy with the content there is. It's episodic, you shouldn't expect more than 1 or 2 or 3 huge differences between episodes.
    4. There's a reason Sam and Max is episodic. It's to simplify the development. Gameplay time isn't a big enough deal that we only download the enviornments once. I counted, Reality 2.0 only ate up 2 hours to complete the episode and exhaust all conversation options WITHOUT HELP.[/QUO

Yeah your right but has anybody been noticing that Xbox 360 is reducing the gap between pc and consoles with xbox 360 control feature in their pc games the next console war probably would be of controllers. The only gap between them is controller or hands down pc is better in every way.

• Can't help but feed the TROLL. First of all the idea of a console war based of controllers is ridiculous. Second despite any difference in control scheme the reason consoles appeal to possibly a larger audience than PC is due to the fact there is no need to upgrade them. You buy them you hook them up and any game made for it can be played on it. That sadly is not the case with PC's. While the games get better so does the machine needed to run it.

Add Comment