User Avatar Image

Playing Dead discussion.

posted by Mike on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

http://www.thewalkingdeadgame.com

A lot of you have seen this already since we're getting press coverage today, but there's the link to the first episode of Playing Dead - a new online talk show we're producing to offer you a behind the scenes look at the making of the Walking Dead game.

Our video editor Shaun Finney spearheaded this project, and it turned out great! A.J. Locascio (the voice of Marty in the Back to the Future game) is hosting, and the first episode features some of the Telltale crew talking about their favorite moments from Robert Kirkman's Walking Dead comic, and an interview with lead designers Jake Rodkin and Sean Vanaman on what the game is, and what to expect from it. There's screenshots from the game throughout the video.

The first episode will be hitting iTunes, Xbox Live and PSN soon, and we'll have new episodes for you on a biweekly basis going forward, with 9 episodes in total.

Looking forward to hearing what you think!

-----------------
Handy Links:

Playing Dead Episode 1
Playing Dead Episode 2
Playing Dead Episode 3
Playing Dead Q&A 1
Playing Dead Q&A 2
Playing Dead Q&A 3
Playing Dead Episode 4
Playing Dead Episode 5

132 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Peurii said: No one fed Katjaa?

Edit: Can you even feed her?

IIRC, it's possible when you literally stuff her before you have a chat.
    It's impossible after the conversation because she's occupied.

I might be wrong though!

• @Peurii said: No one fed Katjaa?

Edit: Can you even feed her?

I don't believe so. When I tried to feed her, she told me to give the food to Duck (even though I already had fed him).

• @zgamer said:
    Doug: 3% (So much for the developers' favorite...)

Sucks for Doug! He's a resourceful dude. He freakin' saved Lee with a laser pointer! He even declined jerky when I offered it to him.

• Well, Katjaa and Doug seem to have more fatty tissue than most of the survivors, so I think that it is somewhat understandable why many people would choose to feed some other people instead, because their body can use fatty tissue for energy. That's atleast why I chose not to feed Katjaa or Doug. Now you all can call me fatist (far+racist) or something.. :P

• @zgamer said: Also a fun little fact from the Playing Dead video was the stats for the food distribution. Here are the percentage results on who fed who:

Clem: 96% (The 4% who didn't feed her have no soul!)
    Duck: 95%
    Mark: 58%
    Larry: 42%
    Kenny: 33%
    Lilly: 29%
    Ben: 19%
    Carley: 15%
    Lee (Kept for themselves): 11%
    Doug: 3% (So much for the developers' favorite...)

Doug got so little because only 15% of people saved him so it is more like 20% of all who could feed him

• @Hudomonkey said: Doug got so little because only 15% of people saved him so it is more like 20% of all who could feed him

whenever i tried to feed him he refused the food, because apparently people are childishly picky when they are starving and only accept their favourite food :confused:

• @thestalkinghead said: whenever i tried to feed him he refused the food, because apparently people are childishly picky when they are starving and only accept their favourite food :confused:

That means more than 3% of people tried to feed him and you can then multiply the number by 6.6 to get the proportionate amount.

• @thestalkinghead said: actually i dont mind if ign is willing to pay telltale to get traffic on their site ( i just wondered why it wasnt up), as long as that was the deal, a shady review fix in exchange for exclusive videos would annoy me though, businesses should make money any way they can as long as it isnt morally wrong like fixing reviews to get more sales

Different Playing Dead episodes have premiered at different places. One went live first at GameTrailers, for instance. It's not a paid deal. Gaming news sites like to jar new content to debut, so they will give it good placement (eg a day on the homepage) in exchange for some exclusive time where they're the first place to have the video. It's slightly more annoying than the video going out to everyone at once, I agree, but I like the side effect it creates: people who wouldnt have seen it otherwise hear about the game and become fans.

• @Jake said: Different Playing Dead episodes have premiered at different places. One went live first at GameTrailers, for instance. It's not a paid deal. Gaming news sites like to jar new content to debut, so they will give it good placement (eg a day on the homepage) in exchange for some exclusive time where they're the first place to have the video. It's slightly more annoying than the video going out to everyone at once, I agree, but I like the side effect it creates: people who wouldnt have seen it otherwise hear about the game and become fans.

that is fair enough, it just meant that instead of looking at your site to watch the video again, i had to go through all the effort of looking at my internet history or all the way to this thread :eek:

• I was one of the 3% that gave Doug food, didnt even realize he only accepts the Apple. I just wanted the beef Jerky for myself so I gave him the apple lol

Add Comment