User Avatar Image

Strong Bad email causing a bland in strong bad's character?

posted by TomSuperman on - last edited - Viewed by 684 users

After watching marshmallow last stand does anyone fell that SBemails are causing a bland in strong bad's character especially everybody episode and whats with his new accent.I think homestar runner should handle all the emails instead of strong bad because he is stupid while retaining his greatest athlete character in the toons. Also strong bad should have his own cartoon which is like marshmallow last stand.

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [quote="Translation?"]After watching Marshmallow's Last Stand, does anyone else feel that the SBemails are causing Strong Bad's character to become bland? The everybody episode [?] especially demonstrates this. And what's with his new accent? I think Homestar Runner should handle all the emails instead of Strong Bad, because he is stupid while still retaining his greatest athlete character from the toons. Also, Strong Bad should have his own cartoon like Marshmallow's Last Stand.[/quote]

Anyway, I disagree. Marshmallow's Last Stand was the first toon ever, and it wasn't very funny. It's not surprising that it's different to the current content of the site. Strong Bad's characterisation in the emails is consistent with his characterisation in the current toons, and is actually less bland than the way he was in Marshmallow's Last Stand. He was a one-dimensional villain back then.

Homestar's changed a lot too, he never used to be this stupid.

• since the whole email stuff is what mostly defined strong bad's character - correct me if i'm wrong - it's fine the way it is..

@Shwoo said: Homestar's changed a lot too, he never used to be this stupid.

i know that...i used to be a lot smarter as a kid...i think...i just can't remember.

• @Shwoo said: Anyway, I disagree. Marshmallow's Last Stand was the first toon ever, and it wasn't very funny. It's not surprising that it's different to the current content of the site. Strong Bad's characterisation in the emails is consistent with his characterisation in the current toons, and is actually less bland than the way he was in Marshmallow's Last Stand. He was a one-dimensional villain back then.

Homestar's changed a lot too, he never used to be this stupid.

I thought it was very funny the way homestar runner pinned and fought with strong bad.

• Yello Dello now Marshmallow's Last Stand, what's with your love of classic Homestar? I like Marshmallow especially how Homestar Runner gains his star, but modern day Homestar is far superior.

• @Sterrance said: Yello Dello now Marshmallow's Last Stand, what's with your love of classic Homestar? I like Marshmallow especially how Homestar Runner gains his star, but modern day Homestar is far superior.

Classic strong bad not homestar and i just thought he should handle the emails.

• I like that you just want to change everything.

• @Jake said: I like that you just want to change everything.

I just like to see strong bad a little more tough.

• in a few scenes this can be funny, but as i see it, stong bad is mostly entertaining because he is neither to strong nor really bad, like his name implies...but totally thinks he is.

• Ain't no blands being caused by nobody that I can see.

This discussion has been closed.