User Avatar Image

"Since Lee's Urban and all"

posted by Joshua1991 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Does anybody not like Kenny anymore after that racist comment towards Lee

120 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @PuhChewyChomp said: So you're saying you don't?

@PuhChewyChomp said: Racism isn't necessary malicious, anymore than sexism is. It's just ignorant. A slap on the ass is a compliment to some people.

but kenny didn't mean to offend Lee, this is what I'm getting at, all racism has intent to offend (or delight). You can forgive ignorance, but going out to be a dick to someone because of culture or race can't be so easily forgiven. Unless it's a funny joke of course. Then its fine. But yeah ken was ignorant then, not racist.

• @ommmnomnomnom said: but kenny didn't mean to offend Lee, this is what I'm getting at, all racism has intent to offend (or delight). You can forgive ignorance, but going out to be a dick to someone because of culture or race can't be so easily forgiven. Unless it's a funny joke of course. Then its fine. But yeah ken was ignorant then, not racist.

Racism doesn't have to be with intent to injure. If someone's options are limited because someone else believes, with all the best of intention, that that person would be best suited to a certain occupation because of their nationality - there's a problem and that's racism.

Racism is often ignorance rather than malice and I agree ignorance is forgivable assuming they learn.

• @ommmnomnomnom said: Kenny didn't have malice in his tone, he wasn't going out to offend Lee because of his race, it was more profiling or stereotyping...

I know Kenny didn't mean to offend Lee but he reconized that despite having no intent to offend Lee that Lee was offended. That's what is important here. It's nothing to do with what was intended but how it was received by the other person. The right thing to do when someone is offended is to apologize which is what Kenny did in his own clumsy way.

• @Kiel555 said: I know Kenny didn't mean to offend Lee but he reconized that despite having no intent to offend Lee that Lee was offended. That's what is important here. It's nothing to do with what was intended but how it was received by the other person. The right thing to do when someone is offended is to apologize which is what Kenny did in his own clumsy way.

He is ignorant then because he cant comprehend that what he is about to say will be offensive...like you said he is a numbnuts, and Lee gets over it pretty quickly because he is an intelligent guy and realises stressing over it would just cause more problems (things do get more tense afterwards and probably will continue to rise in 3 depending on your choices)(saying that I wish you could have chosen to say something a bit sharper or just smacked him, that would have been hilarious, especially for the anti kenny people) either way i get you :)

• Lets get our priorities straight
    What is worse a Murderer or a racist?
    I hate him for murder not racism
    but...
    I suppose I can hate him for more than one reason...

• If Kenny hated Lee because of his skin color, he probably wouldn't have taken him to Macon, or saved him when the drug store was overrun. Yes, the comment was a bit racist, but it comes from Kenny being ignorant/misinformed. I shrugged it off, like Lee, and the way he apologized was gold.

• @Hudomonkey said:
    What is worse a Murderer or a racist?
    I hate him for murder not racism

Just to put it in perspective, Lee is a convicted murderer.

• @Joshua1991 said: Does anybody not like Kenny anymore after that racist comment towards Lee

He isn't racist, he is just tactless.

• I didn't dislike him-- But it didn't make me like him anymore either.

Add Comment