User Avatar Image

Doug or Carley?

posted by Demopan on - last edited - Viewed by 20.7K users

I was a bit dissapointed, seeing the statistics for this one. I saved Doug, and don't regret it one bit. Doug is a very resourceful character, he's funny, he's very relateable and is useful in any situation. Carley is too serious, and doesn't add very much. She has a gun, sure, but once you run out of ammo, or lose the gun, she has no redeeming qualities. her resourcefulness hits rock bottom (radio), and she has an instinctive reaction to solve every problem with her gun. She also has very little humor. I'm also getting a little tired of people saving someone just because they have a pair of boobs.

187 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Merc said: "Oh no! My ankle! How did that single zombie know my weakness! I can't shake him off because of me being an idiot and wearing heels in a zombie outbreak! And shooting him is out of the question, because I kept my ammo in a stupid spot! Hnnng!"

    He started it.

  • This may be sexist but I automatically chose Carley because she is a female. I believe it is a man's natural instinct to protect a women. I think that way because most of us (especially the over 30 crowd) were raised with a core belief that women are the weaker sex and therefore more fragile and in need of greater protection. Now I'm not saying I agree with that because I don't, I'm just saying thats how women have been perceived over the years.


    P.S.(I also saved her because she has a great rack!!):D

  • @Master of Aeons said: She isn't? Well, do I have egg on my face.

    she isnt wearing practical work boots or anything but they are basically flat, maybe 1-2 inch heel

  • @ozzmann said: This may be sexist but I automatically chose Carley because she is a female. I believe it is a man's natural instinct to protect a women. I think that way because most of us (especially the over 30 crowd) were raised with a core belief that women are the weaker sex and therefore more fragile and in need of greater protection. Now I'm not saying I agree with that because I don't, I'm just saying thats how women have been perceived over the years.


    P.S.(I also saved her because she has a great rack!!):D

    It's called the Dulcinea Effect.

  • Chivalry is a lost art, unless there's a great rack involved.

    @thestalkinghead said: she isnt wearing practical work boots or anything but they are basically flat, maybe 1-2 inch heel

    Just because you guys can't function in heels...

    It really hadn't occurred to me to pack work boots with me daily just in case there's a zombie apocalypse.

  • @Cyreen said: Chivalry is a lost art, unless there's a great rack involved.

    Just because you guys can't function in heels...

    It really hadn't occurred to me to pack work boots with me daily just in case there's a zombie apocalypse.

    are you sure Chivalry wasn't just about great racks any way? :p

    i was just being more specific since i had a look at her shoes, i wouldnt expect her to be wearing work boots

  • Is now a bad time to point out that Carley actually reloaded after the motor inn? In fact, that's the first thing you see after the camera shifts back to inside the drug store after following that one zombie with the screwdriver in her arm.

  • @Moraledilemma said: Is now a bad time to point out that Carley actually reloaded after the motor inn? In fact, that's the first thing you see after the camera shifts back to inside the drug store after following that one zombie with the screwdriver in her arm.

    but she did shoot a couple of walkers through the window i think 5 or 6 ?

    then she shoots afew more before being grabbed ? so that makes 8 approx

    8 i think being the normal clip size for a glock 9mm ?

  • @Milosuperspesh said: but she did shoot a couple of walkers through the window i think 5 or 6 ?

    then she shoots afew more before being grabbed ? so that makes 8 approx

    8 i think being the normal clip size for a glock 9mm ?

    True that, it was more of a response to the people who thought she neglected to reload her gun. Even though I definitely consider myself pro-Carley, I don't get why she didnt carry any extra clips on her person :confused:

  • @Moraledilemma said: True that, it was more of a response to the people who thought she neglected to reload her gun. Even though I definitely consider myself pro-Carley, I don't get why she didnt carry any extra clips on her person :confused:

    she has no pockets, thats why women carry a hand bag...true some female clothes do have them but they are not practical enough for ammo clips..

    that may sound a bit sexist but i didn't mean it to be, honest !

Add Comment