User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 26.2K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • There is a reason why i hardly ever post in this thread because i usually just decide what game i'm going to play while i look through my PS3 games but i am going to post the games i think i'm going to play for a while:

Team Fortress 2 PS3 version (The PC version is too laggy)
    Uncharted 3
    Jak & Daxter trilogy
    Ratchet & Clank Trilogy (Replaying for trophies)
    Call Of Duty Black Ops (I like playing zombie mode :D)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Just completed Mass Effect with the "Bring down the Sky" DLC. I started a bit of part 2 just to see what the beginning stats were. Been granted three levels, 330000 credits and 55000 units of each resource.

Still, I could not bring myself to do things much different this second ME run through. It's still a female Shep, she still likes Liara and goes for the ultimate Paragon route. So much for seeing all the new stuff! ;) ;)

• @Vainamoinen said: It's still a female Shep, she still likes Liara

There only is FemShep. BroShep is a sick joke.
    Also: Liara is the only true love interest. There are no choices in those points. Well maybe there are but they are wrong.:D

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

But FemShep doesn't go with Jack!!

• @Vainamoinen said: But FemShep doesn't go with Jack!!

hi-cher-it-s-madonna-who-mug_design.png

• Well I really enjoyed playing Heavy Rain, fantastic story. Will be playing through it again soon.

For now I've finally got started playing Gemini Rue and have been loving it. Could hardly stop last night, eventually did after 2am when tiredness got the better of me. I'm not a huge fan of combat sections in adventure games but I've seen it done worse than what it's like here.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

Just played The Walking Dead Episode 3: Long Road Ahead. It's the best game in the series so far. I'm really enjoying this season, and I hope that Telltale keeps the two month schedule between releases for future games. It's a whole lot more polished and bug-free, and best of all fun, than the other post-2010 Telltale releases. :)

• Wall-E (it was buried on my rental list but they sent it anyway, alright?). ATM, it's looking at a 6/10.

It's playable, sure, but the camera's a bitch, the level design's not great, there's visual effect problems (one part of the first level got obscured by a nice big light effect until I died, and the sandstorm effect was basically a wall of grey), controls are unrefined and it bears all the hallmarks of a game that needed another week just to polish it off.

I like that you can replay levels though, that's a nice touch.

• Well Gemini Rue was great. Now to find something else to play. Have been thinking about replaying the Assassin's Creed series (from the 2nd game onward anyway) to build up for the release of ACIII, but I've also got Rage & Dragon Age: Origins on my to play soon list. Decisions, decisions...

• @Darth Marsden said: Wall-E (it was buried on my rental list but they sent it anyway, alright?). ATM, it's looking at a 6/10.

It's playable, sure, but the camera's a bitch, the level design's not great, there's visual effect problems (one part of the first level got obscured by a nice big light effect until I died, and the sandstorm effect was basically a wall of grey), controls are unrefined and it bears all the hallmarks of a game that needed another week just to polish it off.

I like that you can replay levels though, that's a nice touch.

Which console? Apparently the Wii/PS2/PC version is the better game.

And, on-topic, I'm playing "Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!". Really great game that apparently no one's playing.

Add Comment