User Avatar Image

Would the zombie apocalypse really bring the bad out of people?

posted by funyahns on - last edited - Viewed by 848 users

So every time the idea of a zombie outbreak comes up people say that everyone would be totally mean and violent to one another. They say that is the human way. I just want to point out how utterly false this is. If people were going to backstab and murder without thought in order to survive the human race would not have been able to do the things that it has done. We would have killed ourselves off thousands of years ago. People are a social animal 9/10 people would help you if needed 7/10 would risk themselves in order to do so. So the whole "Its zombie apocalypse changes things" holds little water with me. If anything it would bring some of us closer together. You would have families of non related people sticking together. People would band together in order to protect the children....In fact. Think of how you think of Clem.....and she is not a real person. I would wager most people already consider her Lee's daughter

67 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm inclined to agree with you.. at first. People will help out each other, even the bandits that we see in the game. They all gathered at first for one thing, survival. As months go on the food supply gets smaller, people will start to get sick, stress will build and people will snap. Than they will realized something, no one can stop them from doing whatever the hell they want, why can't they take the last of all the food? Why does this other guy think hes entitled to it?

Our humanity is all that sets us apart from savages, but how long can we hold onto it after an apocalyptic crisis starts? Weeks? Months? Years? Or just until we are starving away and you see a car full of supplies and food. Do you take it to feed the children and yourselves? Or leave it for the other family who went to find gas?

• I can easily see good groups been split up for seperate decisions leading to bloodshed.

• There are only 2 types of people in this world, Predator and Prey, which are you?

• @ozzmann said: There are only 2 types of people in this world, Predator and Prey, which are you?

im the one that helps the winner :cool:

• Yeah sorry guys, your fellow man will kill your dog and burn down your house to cook it. He'll shoot you, kill your wife and your child for a twinkie.

• you guys know we weren't given civilisation to us by aliens right, we may not me perfect, but we made the civilised world ourselves, why do people think we wouldn't rebuild it?

• @HanoverFist said: He'll shoot you, kill your wife and your child for a twinkie.

Well, at least one guy would.

• @magodesky said: Well, at least one guy would.

that is funny, but if you watched the film you would know he totally wouldn't

• I assure you in case of a zombie apocalyse, 80% of us will become greedy, selfish, unlawfull things that dont give a damn what happens to anyone besides themselves. I am not a pessimist but a realist and based on my life experiences, we all have dark sides that society forces us to cover up. By that i mean we are naturally evil people in this day and age.

As for me, I would be the exact opposite and its great if you think or say you will too but I KNOW that most people if not almost all will not be willing to rely and most importantly help others. In other words most will become lilly or larry. I think lee is a pretty unrealistic character.

• @kirby18 said: I assure you in case of a zombie apocalyse, 80% of us will become greedy, selfish, unlawfull things that dont give a damn what happens to anyone besides themselves. I am not a pessimist but a realist and based on my life experiences, we all have dark sides that society forces us to cover up. By that i mean we are naturally evil people in this day and age.

As for me, I would be the exact opposite and its great if you think or say you will too but I KNOW that most people if not almost all will not be willing to rely and most importantly help others. In other words most will become lilly or larry. I think lee is a pretty unrealistic character.

being realistic, i know i would need help to survive, and in return for that help i would help them, and that is the basis for civilisation

Add Comment