User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 44.9K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hmm. You might know this oh wise and powerful Guru, so I'll ask. Can you put any hard drive into a 360 or PS3, or does it have to be a specific make/size? I've run out of space on both 320GB consoles, so I'm wondering if I can replace them with a 1TB drive or something. Would that be doable? Both are the recent slim consoles, FYI.

EDIT: Thanks to Rather Dashing being exactly what his name says, I now know the answer to this.
    Basically, it's PS3 Yes, XBox360 No.

• DayQuil/NyQuil combo pack and a box of lotion tissues. I'm not sick right now, but I've gotten sick at Nan Desu Kan five out of eight years, so I'm preparing myself for PAX, just in case.

@Darth Marsden said: Hmm. You might know this oh wise and powerful Guru, so I'll ask. Can you put any hard drive into a 360 or PS3, or does it have to be a specific make/size? I've run out of space on both 320GB consoles, so I'm wondering if I can replace them with a 1TB drive or something. Would that be doable? Both are the recent slim consoles, FYI.

EDIT: Thanks to Rather Dashing being exactly what his name says, I now know the answer to this.
    Basically, it's PS3 Yes, XBox360 No.

Yeah, what I found on it said that while you can technically use another type of hard drive in the 360, it won't function with all the features that a Microsoft-licensed drive will allow. However, the Xbox apparently can't tell the difference between a hard drive manufactured for the 360-S and an original 360 hard drive removed from the enclosure.

• Yeah, that's basically what Dashing told me.

I was mostly interested in the PS3, since that's my main console, and as long as it's the same speed and physical size as the original hard drive (5400 RPM and 2.5 inches) you shouldn't have a problem swapping drives on the PS3. So as soon as I have a bit more money - which'll be a while, what with rent and Broken Sword - I'll be getting a 1TB drive and popping it in (and then presumably spending another month redownloading all my games!).

• 782-1.jpg

And season 3 region 1 dvd from play.com.

• c7PSj.png

[LIST]
    [*] Commandos because my cousin-in-law recommended it.
    [*] XIII because it was on sale, and I remember it being decent.
    [*] LoK: Defiance because I have Soul Reaver 1 & 2 (on DC and PS2, respectively) but have not played this one yet.
    [/LIST]

• PLANE TICKETS

This weekend is gonna rawk.

• @Chyron8472 said:
    [LIST]
    [*] Commandos because my cousin-in-law recommended it.
    [/LIST]

Your cousin-il is a wise one.:D

Add Comment