User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead Episode 3 REVIEW Thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 9.1K users

Post your impressions of the episode here!

SPOILERS are allowed, no spoiler tags necessary, so if you did not play the episode yet, keep out for your own sake! ;)

No spamming please - if you haven't played it yet, keep out!

509 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Quick question, is there any way to get Christa to not be pissed off at you for taking Clem with you to the abandoned station and getting ambushed by those three walkers?

Also, can someone please PM or just post here if and how it's possible to prevent Katjaa and Duck from dying?? I'm super curious...

Now that that's done, back to my review... I think Ep. 3 was brilliant! I'm super looking forward to the rest of the season, season 2, and the rest of my life playing nothing but Walking Dead. Thanks TT.

• I am liking how (at least my) Lee is growing as a character. He starts off as a criminal trying to hide his past but by now he realizes honesty is how they survive this. When Omid and Christa asked me who I was, I was completely honest and I told them I was a prisoner, and I felt like I was doing both Clem and Carley proud. And my relationship with Clem is really driving me to make more compassionate decisions.

• @Teamevilbunny said: I wonder when Lilly trys to get you to run away with her can you go with her?

Nope. Tried to go with her in my proLilly game, she takes off when Lee goes to get Clem. Saw it coming too. She takes off, cut to Lee, 'LILLY!?'O.O Hilarious cause now hes stuck with Ken who hates him, Clem who he neglected in the first 2 episodes, Ben the traitor, a hobo, and the newbies who act like kidnappers. Oh and Lilly blew his cover when she killed Doug so now everyone knows hes a murderer.

• @PuhChewyChomp said: Nope. Tried to go with her in my proLilly game, she takes off when Lee goes to get Clem. Saw it coming too. She takes off, cut to Lee, 'LILLY!?'O.O Hilarious cause now hes stuck with Ken who hates him, Clem who he neglected in the first 2 episodes, Ben the traitor, a hobo, and the newbies who act like kidnappers. Oh and Lilly blew his cover when she killed Doug so now everyone knows hes a murderer.

Yeah I really thought Ken would hate me after opposing killing Larry, but my honesty and loyalty to his family helped solidify our friendship. Funny because after episode 2 I was totally on Lilly's side and hated Ken even though I still tried to stay neutral for the group's sake. I did tell Ken about my past so he didn't give a crap when Lilly exposed me. After she killed my girlfriend I said screw that bitch and I left her.

• It might end up being my favorite playthrough just because of how completely F'd Lee is now.

• I must admit, I was utterly shocked with how Carley was killed, was not expecting that at all! (At least this soon, thought she'd die around late episode four or five) Sort of a bummer also because I noticed there was a little romance developing between the two (which I've seen many request) and in the end it just is gone due to Lilly's stupid action. I literally kicked her off the train and ditched her; there's one thing to kill someone that could possibly be turning into a walker (Kenny towards Larry, but even then I disagreed with him) but it's a whole other thing to kill another human in your very own group. We even get confirmation later on that Ben was the one that was the traitor - I so wish he would of got shot instead, Carley for the most part seemed trustworthy, probably the most within the group.

Other than that this episode got me more back onto Kenny's side, especially now that his family has died. Was not expecting Katja to kill herself, or Duck to be bitten. Granted I was saying the past two episodes about how annoying Duck is, but even still, he wasn't 'that' annoying to deserve to die.

Looks like we got Christine (that's her name?) as confirmed for a girl. As for Onmid (Don't know if that's his name either) I expect him to die next episode. I don't really care for Chuck either; I would of preferred keeping Carley or Katja over him.

Regardless of my feelings of hatred towards Ben now, this episode was extremely good. It twisted my emotions and was more dark than the previous episode (didn't think that was possible), plus there were almost not stalling glitches like there were in Episode two where it took forever and a half to load some scenes. It seems the episodes just get better and better, and it'll continue this trend; didn't think they could do better than Episode Two and I was wrong, let's hope they can prove me wrong again. As long as it's this type of quality I don't mind the two months of waiting.

Also just wondering, what replaces the slight hints of romance and the telling of your crimes if Doug is in your play through?

• Anyone leave Duck hanging by the gate?

• Absolutely NOT! Of course I had to be incredibly awesome and high-five him. Poor little guy.

• Omid is really cute and when he said about saving her life "thousand times... ten times... sometimes" and then smiles :D What a real cutie, I have found a new fave character after Carley got shot but I bet Omid will die next episode (I always have that luck).

I got really tears in my eyes when Carley got shot and the scene where Katjaa talk w/ Kenny about Duck and the shooting. When Katjaa shot herself I was like: "Oh, no why Katjaa", because I wanted to see more from her and interact more with the group. She remind me like Carol :(

I wonder why Clem lie the whole time to the group & Lee about the walkie-talkie beeing broken and talking with a guy... but does the other walkie-talkie not have Glenn from Episode 1 ?? Is it the Senator or what? Did Glenn gave it to someone or what? I wonder also if we see after that mysterious guy also a other new character?

Just want a other a woman in the group, Christa is kinda... well... don't know how to connect with her and that achievement I read in 1 of the next episodes is something like: "We have to cut it off", so I bet we must cut Omid leg off that he survive, but we don't have a Katjaa anymore who could fix him. Jesus what a damn crazy twist here lol

Add Comment