User Avatar Image

Do you think Telltale has redeemed itself after Jurassic Park with The Walking Dead?

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 338 users

I think they have. I got The Walking Dead episodes 1 & 2 on The Playstation Store and i love them. Telltale has finally got the right mix of QTE's,Adventure, A story that changes and puzzles. Now please keep Episode 3 spoilers out of here because Episode 3 has not come out on the UK Playstation Store yet and i really don't want Episode 3 spoiled for me.

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've not played anything off TTG since Sam and Max The Devils playhouse. So there still good in my book.

• You should try Walking Dead Coolsome. BTTF may only be an okay game and JP May be a movie instead of a game but Walking Dead is great.

• This is implying that Jurassic Park was some sort of failure.

Also, Walker Dead takes off his helmet and dies at the end of Episode 3

• NOT COOL, RIBS. I don't care if you're joking or not, you don't say stuff like that.

I haven't played The Walking Dead (mostly due to lack of interest), but pretty much anything Telltale does would be a step up from Jurassic Fart, so I'm going to go with 'yes' based on the fact Yahtzee doesn't hate it.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Darth Marsden said: ...based on the fact Yahtzee doesn't hate it.

This belongs on the back of the box of any game Yahtzee doesn't destroy. :)

Also, I *hate* horror games but love TWD. Go fig.

• I haven't actually played any Telltale game past BttF. Because I'm broke.

• i dont give a damn what you crazies say i enjoyed jurassic park mainly because its game style was more about qte's. walking dead is a wonderfully well done game though but its mainly about choices just diffrent style is all yeah twd has some qte's in it but nothin to crazy.

• @Goldrock said: i enjoyed jurassic park mainly because its game style was more about qte's

ohhh. So that's who they asked.

• I selected "No" because personally, while TWD has a great story, in no way is it a point-n'-click adventure game.

Telltale has been on sort of a decline recently. I don't know if it's just me, but I even felt that something was a bit...off about TDP. Then BTTF, JP, and TWD happened(not saying anything about L&O as I haven't played it, but there's probably not much difference there), and none of them were actual adventure games.

At least, if they get King's Quest done right, they can... Hey, wait a second, wasn't there supposed to be another TTG game released around this time? Fables, was it? There's literally only a month left until that misses its "Q3 2012" release date, and then we were supposed to get KQ in Q4.

Also, this:

@Woodsyblue said:
    Things Telltale said they would do and haven't:
    Release Sam & Max season 1 and Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures on Mac. [LINK]
    Update the Tales of Monkey Island: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal download to the version with Earl Boen as LeChuck. [LINK]
    Upgrade the forums.
    Upgrade PC version of The Devil's Playhouse to include NutriSpecs. [LINK]
    Release Puzzle Agent on WiiWare. [LINK]
    Release Hector and Puzzle Agent 2 on PSN. [LINK1] [LINK2]
    Release remaining The Devil's Playhouse episodes on iPad. [LINK]
    Create official walkthroughs for Episodes 2-5 of The Devil's Playhouse.

• @GaryCXJk said: I haven't actually played any Telltale game past BttF. Because I'm broke.

Replace that with Jurassic Park, and I'm in the same boat. I've been watching a playthrough of The Walking Dead, and it looks pretty good.

Add Comment