User Avatar Image

"WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error

posted by Mike on - last edited - Viewed by 9.0K users

Hi,

We are currently investigating what is causing this to happen for a small percentage of the userbase for The Walking Dead, and we apologize for the inconvenience. There's a few fixes outlined in the technical support FAQ here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29368

If those fixes aren't working for you, please reply to this thread and let me know me know what kind of hardware or software security your system is using. I need the following information:

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?

3: Does the game work if you run it while disconnected from the Internet?

I don't need DXDiag information or any other system specific info apart from the information requested above. Please, no discussion of the issue in this thread. It's to gather information only.

Thanks,
Mike

137 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    It worked maybe two weeks under my current settings. And no, I don't have a firewall on.
    2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?
    Yes, Kaspersky, and I turned it off in hopes that would get it working but nope, still crashes.
    Tried that, and no, still get the error message.

• 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    Yes, Access is allowed, doesn't work even if firewall is turned off

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game? Yes, Panda Cloud. It's not blocking access. It's up to date. Still doesn't work if I shut it off.

Yes, but I cant activate internet afterwards unless i restart my computer

• Small percentage, huh? Looks like you guys have some homework to do before we start asking for refunds...

• Using Steam Version
    1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game? Yes, using firewall, but Game has access

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game? Yes, AVG free. It's not blocking access. It's up to date.
    Turned if off and still had the same problem
    No, tried to play in offline mode and still does not work.

• walking dead ep. 3 doesn't work

• @Mike said: 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

I'm using the normal Windows 7 firewall (without a manual exception for The Walking Dead).

@Mike said: 2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?

Yes, Avira Antivir Personal, up to date. It is not blocking access.

@Mike said: 3: Does the game work if you run it while disconnected from the Internet?

I did not try out, as I need Steam to run it.

Additional information:

I recognized that The Walking Dead works if I run Steam as an Administrator.

But even this is not a solution, because very often the whole game will be reset, i.e.:
    * the game starts in windowed mode, 1024x768
    * all save games are lost (!), which is very annoying

• @reeferguy

I managed to get it running by setting set as administrator and compability on windows 98/me, but then all my save files are lost and all ingame settings were lost to. And the game won't run on fullscreen for me to, but i managed to get it to full screen. All you need to do is to click on the middle of the game in the middle of the window and press buttons "alt" and "enter" in the same time, the window will get bigger and klick on the middle again and press "alt" and "enter" again. Then it should be fullscreen, you might need to repeat this like 2-3 times or even more......but it will get full screen eventually.

I am so dissapointed what TellTale did to us loyal customers, why are they doing this to us? Just to make the fucking game to work is like a survival horror, hahahaha.

Telltale make a fucking patch asap, or you will go to history as the biggest scandal in gaming history.

No don't use

Yes i Use AL-YAC
    I've tried to not use it but still doesn't work.

N0

and for plus information

i use Steam...

plz i need help bad..........

• Just started to have this problem since the achievements for Chap 3 showed up on Steam...

I'm connecting with the exact same hardware/software configuration as about 12 of my co-workers, all on the same network and I'm the only one (so far) who can't connect.

Here's the crash info:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: WalkingDead101.exe
    Application Version: 2012.4.23.11289
    Application Timestamp: 4f95e3ff
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_240f
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000ce6c3
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
    Locale ID: 1033