User Avatar Image

[Spoilers] Is Christa...

posted by Reivur on - last edited - Viewed by 743 users

One of the bandits? When you go to play with Doug, Doug shoots one of the bandits and you have two bandits to shoot. When you play with Carley, Carley takes out two of them and there's only one left before she runs out of bullets. This last bandit always lives.

In both instances when you go to shoot the last bandit, it gets away over the fence even if you peg a bullet in their ass. There's really no purpose to foreshadowing this bandit or making it invulnerable to a well timed shot if its a nobody because all other shots function; even 'choices' that are argued to not matter are rewarded with a kill if pressed. This aspect is not rewarded, its plot armored. Nobodies don't get plot armor.

"She" is seemingly lacking a rack, but we've had this argument before in these threads when it concerns Christa, and furthermore this person had a different, thicker jacket on at the time and bigger jackets hide forms better. But the skin tone is identical, the little side-burns and eyebrows are the same, the face is kind of feminine/matching although its only the side, and there's that little mark on the back of her neck I thought I saw before but need to replay again.

There's also the emphasis that they repeated again and again that survival = a small group. Why would we care and why insist they've always been alone? Or maybe they learned that same lesson recently themselves.

The only aspect of this that makes me uncertain would be the fact that you take an RV and go around for awhile, and then eventually a train. That's some distance since the events which discredits the idea a bit. On the other hand, there were a lot of detours and a lot of aimlessness leading up to the train. Time was not tracked particularly well, heck, night and another day passed by with Lee sleeping.

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think that last bandit is invulnerable solely so they can whistle off and signal the rest of the bandits to attack.

• @Dullahan said: I think that last bandit is invulnerable solely so they can whistle off and signal the rest of the bandits to attack.

o_O Gunshots and their buddies never coming out isn't enough of a signal?

• With Doug not Carley you can shoot either of the other two bandits first. I capped the one you are saying might be her in the head then the other (clearly a guy) in the butt. so both of those bandits can die, it's just one or the other.

• @Reivur said: o_O Gunshots and their buddies never coming out isn't enough of a signal?

Well, the scene very deliberately shows the guy crawling out and whistling.

• It's an interesting theory, but how were they tracking them after they left in the RV, then switched over to a train? They'd need some special ATVs just to keep up, not to mention be able to get ahead and on the bridge as the train arrives.

• i think if chris was with the bandits, she would had recognized us and would had been more agitated, paranoid, against us. i think their initial reaction to seeing lees camp would had been more alerted or defensive given our last run in with the bandits, if she was one of them.

i would had thought it possible if they wore save lots jerseys or carried a cross bow. i dont see how they could had kept up with us on the train either. i dont quite trust her yet, but i dont think she or odis (is that his name?) are/were bandits

• Why do people keep trying to tie stuff in with the bandits and St. Johns? That shit's in the past and miles behind.

• I don't see why you can dismiss it so easily. You really think that person who crawled over had the singular purpose of giving a signal? I don't know if it was bad graphics or not but you go ahead and try to whistle while breathing incredibly heavy.

• Christa is a transvestite...at least thats what i think...doesn't look like a gal at all lol

• @JCMcAdams84 said: With Doug not Carley you can shoot either of the other two bandits first. I capped the one you are saying might be her in the head then the other (clearly a guy) in the butt. so both of those bandits can die, it's just one or the other.

He's talking about the one that you supposedly capped in the butt.(Which you didn't, because I shot that fuck as soon as I could and didn't clip anything) And no, that one wasn't "clearly a guy" I think you need your eyes checked.

Add Comment