User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS] CARLEY [Ep 3 discussion]

posted by Oblivion1659 on - last edited - Viewed by 6.5K users

Hey i am really annoyed about carley being shot when it happend i didnt even want to carry on playing anyway maybe they could bring carly back she could have just been grazed by the bullet.No one even checked to she if she was dead the group could meet up with her again.I wont be buying anymore episodes unless carly comes back my friends also said the same.

Please say in the comments that you want carly back and make a thread about this and then maybe telltale games will see that we want carly back.

558 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @kirby18 said: i think the story should end like this, lee was dreaming the entire time and wakes up in the back of the cop car. he than says, it was just a dream and ask the cop where are we and the cop turns around to be carly as a walker. a great setup for season 2. your welcome

perfect but then when the camera turns to lee after walker carly shock it turns out he is actually clem.

• @ZacTB said: As much as I hate that she was shot in the head, if Telltale somehow brought her back after that, I would lose faith in this game.

I agree. I tried several ways to save Carley but failed and its hard to see her go like that on the side of a road and it kills the replay value of a great but heart-wrenching game.

However, there is nothing stopping Carley back in a dream or something because Lee is starting to have some wild dreams (zombie Clem). I hope it happens, I just want to say good-bye to her.

Edit: Kirkby18 beaten me to the dream idea.

• Well, now we know whose the traitor :/
    It's Ben.
    What justifies her death was the fact that she was killed in a quick and painless way.
    Since she is meant to die no matter how the outcome turned out to be, I think TTG made an effort to put it in the most painless way possible. Although I highly disagree with their choices.

Killed her, and just leave the scene. To prevent us from tearing up any further.
    At least, now we can shift our focus back to Clementine, who I have a feeling, will be surviving till the very end. Think of taking care of Clementine as Carley's last words if she and Lee ever had a thing going on.

• Man I am so close to just giving up the game, because i liked the Carley character from the first second I met her in the first ep. It's like I cant put down the controller on this because I need to see what the ending is and it's an awesome game, but, on the other hand loosing Carley is a very very bad way to play out the game, as Carley is a very likable character and is very important to the story. All most as important as Clem.

On a side note I wish i had just saved Doug, then i wouldn't have been to upset about this...

• I was really excited about something happening between Carley and Lee. Then at I thought about "man, what if they kill off Carley??"

Apparently I saw it coming. I'm really pissed about it too. Like I said, I hoped something between Carley and Lee would develop.

• it sucked sure, but if you've read issue 100 of the comics, you'll know they love to pull that crap. NO don't bring her back. dead people stay dead, this isn't a soap opera.

• Carley died. Lilly lived. I quit this game.

• Stop playing. Nobody will care. You prolly stopped reading/watching Game of Thrones by the end of the first season. Most likely couldn't make it through the first trade paperback of Walking Dead comics. The whole point is that they can make you care enough about the characters that you could feel this way about them but seeing as you're missing the point, you might as well quit.

• Forgetting the senselessness of her death, I just hope that someone took Carley aside in the three months between episodes and taught her about batteries. I would feel worse knowing she died without the basic knowledge of polarity.

• @j.em26 said: Well, now we know whose the traitor :/
    It's Ben.
    What justifies her death was the fact that she was killed in a quick and painless way.
    Since she is meant to die no matter how the outcome turned out to be, I think TTG made an effort to put it in the most painless way possible. Although I highly disagree with their choices.

Killed her, and just leave the scene. To prevent us from tearing up any further.
    At least, now we can shift our focus back to Clementine, who I have a feeling, will be surviving till the very end. Think of taking care of Clementine as Carley's last words if she and Lee ever had a thing going on.

It really sucked bad that she died but I pressed on with the choices I made. I didn't know that she couldn't be saved at that point, but it really made the game that much more personal because I really liked her as a character too. TTG set me up beautifully because in the scene outside the train, I made a decision in the dialog and the toast popped up that said "Carley will remember what you said". Yea, she'll remember for all of 10 seconds before her eye eats a bullet. A damn shame but unexpected and believable for an off kilter crazy power crazed chick with a pistol to do what she did right after Carley called her out on being a scared little girl =\

I did go back and replay the section after I reached the end of the chapter to try to save her, but apparently, she's meant to be dead. The only consolation is that I couldn't have done anything differently to keep her around. . .

Add Comment