User Avatar Image

Breaking Point? [Ep. 3 Spoilers]

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 465 users

Did you reach a breaking point? A point in the game when it just seemed like too much?

For me, after Duck's death I was at a low point. I felt there was no hope for a second there. Carley's death shocked me. Then Duck was bitten and Katjaa killed herself. After I shot Duck, I went back to Clem and I felt like she was the only good thing left in the world.

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Viner16 said: There should've been a way to save Carley/Doug....
    It was too abrupt, when they killed Carley/Doug I didn't even realize.
    I was like "Wait.... who the f*ck did she shoot?"
    Then it dawned on me.
    :(

It really was a shameful scapegoat for Lily's departure, but what can you do. It certainly added to the sense of no longer being in control even remotely.
    :(

• My breaking point was Carley. i had been trying to do the "right" thing through all of this and help everyone i could but After she got shot i was like screw it. me and clem are gonna make it through this and anyone who gets in our way will end up in the ground.

• Episode 4 or 5

Ben: Burn the whole city... that's pretty extreme for the life of one girl
    Lee: Fuck the city. I'd burn the world to save Clem

• Carely did it for me. It actually was a mix of shock from her death, and the fact that Lilly shot her. I had been trying to help Lilly after Kenny bashed in her dads head. I had been nice and understanding. But when she shot Carely I fucking lost it. If the game let me, I would have kneecaped her ass and left her on the side of the road screaming, unable to walk so the biters get her. Even that would be too good a death for her. Of course I wouldn't want Clemy to see this.

• I was able to keep it together mostly.
    Then Kat shot herself and, well
    I felt pretty heavy after that. I just can't believe how fast you're able to lose people in this.
    You'd think by the end of the deaths you'd get used to them dying but, no such thing here.

• I actually think Kenny is a bastard. He's all about leaving everyone all the time and so far, every chance he's gotten to man up, he's been been a chicken shit about everything. I feel for him, but he's the last person in that group I'd want backing me up because his track record shows he can't help anyone but his own sorry ass.

• @asdf64 said: I was able to keep it together mostly.
    I felt pretty heavy after that. I just can't believe how fast you're able to lose people in this.
    You'd think by the end of the deaths you'd get used to them dying but, no such thing here.

It's realistic in that sense.

• Breaking point with the game...?

Are you 5 years old? :X

This is GREAT story telling!

+++ to TT

• @asdf64 said: I was able to keep it together mostly.

Yeah, I was starting to get pretty apathetic towards deaths because of the comic. Then all of this happen and somehow I felt so much depression. Not anger or rage, just hopeless and depressed. Probably because it's a game and I feel like I'm more in charge of their lives whereas it's just a comic and I'm reading a story.

Add Comment