User Avatar Image

Change ONE thing in Episode 3. SPOILERS

posted by StrawberryRainPop on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I'm new, so i dont know how to make a poll. If someone wants to, that would be neat!

Heres mine.

Option to save Carley. She was the most important person in the game to me, other than Clem. How she went out was just flat out insulting...

I dont usually post on forums, but man. I had to talk to someone...

76 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Damn. Carley not only survives the raid, but actually kills two of the bandits holding everyone hostage. She saved everyone, along with Lilly and Lee, but then Lilly takes her out just like that? Damn. Then Duck and Kat...God, there is really no hope for these people, is there?

• @PanStrife said: As i've said before it's so forced it's just uncool. It even gives off an aura of laziness from the writers.

Exactly.

The writing's really been going downhill since chapter 2. This whole chapter felt like someone decided to take Kirkman's memo and just go for broke.

"You want sad? Ok, let's kill off 4 of the 8 members in quick succession in the first 30 minutes! Yeah! How can we make that sadder... I know, have Carley show an interest in Lee right before taking a bullet to the face! Yeah! All aboard the sad train, baby! Cue violins!"

This thing was so forced it became stupid. And to make matters worse, we're immediately pushed a whole new set of group members to replace the old ones. Cause, you know, it's hard to have group survival drama when there is no group. So if ultimately our group of 8 becomes a group of 7, then why couldn't we have been given the option of saving some of the old members instead..? You know, in an emotionally engaging and interactive way that goes beyond watching a made-for-pc miniseries? Because then it wouldn't be SAD!

Well, good job writers. While you once had me anxious to see what my final survivor lineup would look like, you've now made it painfully clear that the only remaining question is whether Lee and/or Clem dies. Everything else is obviously out of our hands. Can't wait to "decide" the fate of these new characters... what are their names again?

Ah, who cares.

• I see the writing as different than alot here.

Complaints about the writing because a character You liked got killed. It's not the writing that's at fault, it's Your feeling that are devistated at the death of someone you liked. That's the whole point!

I've read some comments where people had to pause the game, take a few mins to recover from what happened. It's the emotional tear of it all.

You said, "my fav character, the history they have, the bond forming, then suddenly, BAM!! it's gone in a blink!

To me, brilliant writing!

• Dang, I'm starting to wish Lee dies so we can reunite with the dead

• @Osc10 said: Dang, I'm starting to wish Lee dies so we can reunite with the dead

Oh yeah...start a relationship with Carley in the afterlife :D

• @WowMutt said:
    "my fav character, the history they have, the bond forming, then suddenly, BAM!! it's gone in a blink!

Well said. It was a moment when many people realized how one second f*ck up can't be ever undone. So much history with this character and in one second, it is all gone with no chance of taking it back, since bullet in a head is really hard thing to undo. That was very cold moment right there, which struck lot of people very hard.

• I think it got us more affected to Carly after she told Lee she had feelings for him...and so did Lee...and that kiss on the cheek and so on....UGH!!! the more i think about it the more i wanna throw my keyboard to Lily's head and smash her into pieces

• @PanStrife said: Agreed, +1. People are gonna disagree but jesus christ. I don't enjoy how this game played out. As i've said before it's so forced it's just uncool. It even gives off an aura of laziness from the writers.

yeah i feel the same way, beyond the fact that Carley was my favorite member, she was my only choice that made a big difference in the game. i felt like they did it just to make the story easyer to write with less variables and when they brought in the new characters all i could think of was Carley/doug were killed off without a chance of me being able to save her just to add in some new charaacters who i cant get rid of no matter how hard i try.

• @kingmartykim said: I think it got us more affected to Carly after she told Lee she had feelings for him...and so did Lee...and that kiss on the cheek and so on....UGH!!! the more i think about it the more i wanna throw my keyboard to Lily's head and smash her into pieces

i was hopeing i could tie lily to the back of the rv and drag her to the train... no such luck...

• Killing Carley, especially in such a horrible fashion dampened my love for this game. I knew there was a risk of her dying regardless what I do but for it to be a "bang!" she's gone. No time to grieve, say good-bye or anything, just pile back on the RV. The only saving grace was at least you get to talk about it a little with Clem and Kat. I can't judge the size of the people sadden or upset with Carley's death but I fear TTG might have made a mistake.

Can't Lee just keep her gun as reminder or something?

Add Comment