User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS] CARLEY [Ep 3 discussion]

posted by Oblivion1659 on - last edited - Viewed by 12.5K users

Hey i am really annoyed about carley being shot when it happend i didnt even want to carry on playing anyway maybe they could bring carly back she could have just been grazed by the bullet.No one even checked to she if she was dead the group could meet up with her again.I wont be buying anymore episodes unless carly comes back my friends also said the same.

Please say in the comments that you want carly back and make a thread about this and then maybe telltale games will see that we want carly back.

558 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Faramis said: She was not just grazed by the bullet. The bullet entered her skull through her forehead and left her skull at the back. There is simply no way for Carley to walk something like this off. Point blank penetration of skull is fatal, since brain is mostly liquid-like matter, that is keeping its volume through thick membrane and being enclosed in skull. If the bullet lodges itself in the brain, then there is slight chance of survival, but again, point blank penetration of skull is fatal. So yeah, without any further ado - Carley brain was blown out and spilt on the ground. She is dead, time to move on.

It would be lovely to see her with an eyepatch or headband covering half her face coming to the rescue! Lee is saved once again by Carley

• Let's be honest for a second.

It was very obvious since episode 1 that both Carley and Doug (no matter your choice) would die pretty soon.

It is a money issue. If they let them live they had to make story/cutscenes/voice etc. for both and branch them out. Just letting them die is a cheap,easy solution.

It is lame I know, but they don't want to bother with making content that get's only viewed by 50% of the players (if even that).

On the one hand, I can understand. On the other hand, it is lame. Because again, choices don't seem to matter AT ALL.

Whether you choose carley or doug in EP1 makes absolutely zero (ZERO... NONE! NADA NIENTE) difference. Both have the exact same role, do the exact same things, the story continues the exact same way.

It didn't matter who you choose. It is kind of lame... tbh.
    Of course we all wished for our choices to matter but in this game it just isn't the case.

Telltale don't wanna invest any money in making branches of story. So they simply kill the characters that your choices influenced. Lame? Yes. But they wanna save money...

I have no problem with it whatsoever, if only they didn't advertise and claim that your choices actually mattered, because after 3 episodes (60% of the game) with several different savegames and complete different choices I can't tell a difference between any of the savegames.

• I hated Carley's death. There was nothing emotional or brilliant about that scene, just a cruel punch to the gut if you cared about her. You don't even have time to grieve, just exchange a few lines with Clem and Kat and she's nearly forgotten. It dampened my love for this game any excitement for episode 4. Carley's gone and she can't be brought back except maybe in a dream or flashback. I would like to think the pistol that Lee's uses towards the end is Carley's.

• @ZombieGoBoom said: I hate Carley's death. There was nothing emotional or brilliant about that scene, just a cruel punch to the gut if you cared about her. You don't even have time to grieve, just exchange a few lines with Clem and Kat and she's nearly forgotten. It dampened my love for this game any excitement for episode 4. Carley's gone and she can't be brought back except maybe in a dream or flashback. I would like to think the pistol that Lee's uses towards the end is Carley's.

That is Carley's gun...isn't it????? or is it Lily's???

• @kingmartykim said: That is Carley's gun...isn't it????? or is it Lily's???

I will vomit if Lee is using the weapon that killed Carley. The pistol he is currently carrying is Carley's and that will be my version of things.

• @kingmartykim said: That is Carley's gun...isn't it????? or is it Lily's???

i say carley's. you know they should have just killed off doug. (sorry doug fans, are there doug fans?) but that way we could still have carly the storys could differ and they would not have to have 2 voice actors. best of both worlds

• @adam5555 said: i say carley's. you know they should have just killed off doug. (sorry doug fans, are there doug fans?) but that way we could still have carly the storys could differ and they would not have to have 2 voice actors. best of both worlds

Right...but if its Carley's...then what about for the Doug version? He has to be carrying Lily's....especially when he tells Lily to drop the gun and we see the gun being dropped...but we never see Lee picking it up from Carley's dead body :(

• @kingmartykim said: Right...but if its Carley's...then what about for the Doug version? He has to be carrying Lily's....especially when he tells Lily to drop the gun and we see the gun being dropped...but we never see Lee picking it up from Carley's dead body :(

yeah but if you choose to take lily with you i think lee gives ben lilys gun. ben sure as hell better not get carleys gun, or he is going to die slow.

• @ZombieGoBoom said: I hated Carley's death. There was nothing emotional or brilliant about that scene, just a cruel punch to the gut if you cared about her. You don't even have time to grieve, just exchange a few lines with Clem and Kat and she's nearly forgotten.

It was emotional for me. It wasn't brilliant, it was cruel, and it happened fast. Nothing in this game so far has made me feel so shocked, angry, and close to Lee as Carly's death. I knew it was probably coming, but that didn't stop me from choking up in that RV. I probably would have ended up in complete tears if I didn't learn of some more pressing matters with Duck not too long after.

Add Comment