User Avatar Image

What you would change about Episode 3

posted by kirby18 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

!Spoilers!!

-Why Carly WHYYYYYY!! Telltale your such a tease. Have a huge romance with Carly, have that soft music playing when you talk to her, have her kiss you on the cheek and tell you she thinks about you and than what? lets just remove her from the story. Not to mention she was really becoming a part of the family (aka lee and clem)

-Also, katjaa ! You didnt have to rip out my heart telltale with carly than just completely ... im at a loss of words.

-And finally I wish lilly stayed with the group, hopefully we'll see her again but doubt it... I feel like she could of redeemed herself of something.

- A funny yet serious one, when you were walking around the train trying to get it started and the FREAKING ZOMBIE WOULDNT SHUP UP !!!! WTF! and than chuck with his guitar later but atleast that wasnt terrible to listen to on repeat for a solid 10 minutes.

If you know me, you would know I guaranteed Doug/Carlys death/departure before the episode, and I dont mind the way she was killed but why!! :(:(:(

Overall, brilliant episode telltale, and not to take away from it at all but I wished they did just a few things differently...

Please comment with what you think or better yet wish could of happened to make the episode better

72 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @TrickyD said: I really wanted to save the girl at the start rather than leaving her to die or kill her myself.

I actually thought to leave her alive for the walkers as a distraction for Kenny and myself before Kenny even suggested it! Harsh to be sure, but tactically the wise decision!

And when Katjaa took Duck off into the woods, I thought "she's going to kill herself" so when we heard the shot and walked up and saw it, it really wasnt a shock, but still a "WOW" moment!

• @WowMutt said: I actually thought to leave her alive for the walkers as a distraction for Kenny and myself before Kenny even suggested it! Harsh to be sure, but tactically the wise decision!

And when Katjaa took Duck off into the woods, I thought "she's going to kill herself" so when we heard the shot and walked up and saw it, it really wasnt a shock, but still a "WOW" moment!

I also sensed katjaa was going to kill herself. Just by the way she said, duck is my whole life. idk if you told katjaa that you were a convict but I did and than told her what happened in the meat locker with larry and she replied "everythings changed"... so I think she saw how Kenny has changed into a terrible human. Just one note about the suicide, how did she get the gun...didnt kenny have it? I find it hard to believe unless he put the gun down for some reason that she quickly grabbed it fast enough from him.

• Of course she died before sleping with Lee. I knew she was dead the moment she said she was thinking about Lee. In the apocalypse you NEVER declare love for another or try to settle down to start a family. NEVER.

• @kirby18 said: I also sensed katjaa was going to kill herself. Just by the way she said, duck is my whole life. idk if you told katjaa that you were a convict but I did and than told her what happened in the meat locker with larry and she replied "everythings changed"... so I think she saw how Kenny has changed into a terrible human. Just one note about the suicide, how did she get the gun...didnt kenny have it? I find it hard to believe unless he put the gun down for some reason that she quickly grabbed it fast enough from him.

I don't recall seeing Kenny give Katjaa the gun, but I kinda figured that's what happened. I guess some things are just implied that maybe just don't need to be shown.

I mean, that scene was about Kat and Duck and Kenny dealing with that situation, not about how did Kat get the gun!

• I'd make Clementine the one who gave away the supplies.
    Also: what was the consequence of the steal decision in Episode 2. Is there any?

• The thing that irked me was how slow the attacking bandits were to respond after one of them got shot. They all had weapons and they just stood there looking stupid while they got picked off. I don't mean the sniping sequence, but before the rest of them came in.

There were a few other strange quirks, some minor animation problems, some odd dialogue, mostly near the beginning, but overall, great episode.

• I would have reduced the number of deaths slightly. I think Doug/Carly should have been kept alive until at least the next episode.

• @Norskatt said: I would have liked the option to shoot Lilly instead of leaving her on the roadside (or allowing her to steal the RV)

I get it we all want to kill Lily after what she did to Carley..but killing her in front of Clem and the others especially after you told them you murdered someone doesn't go too well...

In 3rd person view if i was in the group and Lee came to me after all what happened and told me he murdered someone, i guess i would freak a bit but frankly glad for his honesty.....now after telling me that and killing Lily i would not be able to trust the guy at all

• Well, once Ben told me it was him, I thought about replaying to see if I could get Lilly to kill him instead. Apparently that doesn't happen though. :(

• I would have liked choices that actually matter. Anyone that says killing the Carley-Doug Sprite was good story telling thinks Transformers didn't have enough explosions.

Killing Carley cool! (Well not cool lol) I actually cared! I was devastated and looking forward to doing a replay of the whole series! That is until I checked the forums and realized that Doug dies the EXACT same way there was nothing you could do about it and all they choices you made with the Lilly Sprite amounted to... "CORE CONTENT".... "Look you tried to help my dad don't think I will forget that..." "CORE CONTENT... No choices effect my actions... CORE CONTENT"

To bad Tell Tale I thought you guys really had something special here. Great writing for the most part however I wont be paying for any of your episodes this season unless 4 and 5 really impress me. Hopefully season 2 will learn from season 1s short falls and I will purchase that one...

R.I.P. Dead Sprites...

Add Comment