User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS] CARLEY [Ep 3 discussion]

posted by Oblivion1659 on - last edited - Viewed by 12.6K users

Hey i am really annoyed about carley being shot when it happend i didnt even want to carry on playing anyway maybe they could bring carly back she could have just been grazed by the bullet.No one even checked to she if she was dead the group could meet up with her again.I wont be buying anymore episodes unless carly comes back my friends also said the same.

Please say in the comments that you want carly back and make a thread about this and then maybe telltale games will see that we want carly back.

558 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @wrex08 said: What sucks though, is that, aside Clem, we are left with the lamest members of the group now.

That was the part that ground on me the most really. This episode saw some amazing and shocking moments, but we lost the internal feud between Kenny and Lilly, we also lost Lilly as a character, Carley/Doug also perished seemingly randomly which also destroyed the nearest the game has come to a romance (one of the parts of the human experience that the game hasn't shown us), whilst also offing the irritating Duck and the underdevelopped Katjaa. Leaving us with Clem, Kenny who is pretty decent, and the very wet Ben... as well as a very stereotypical and ultimately dull hobo, and a couple of random characters who felt... well, to me, they felt like cannon fodder for the next episode.

The group dynamic has been lost, sadly.

• User Avatar Image
    lurchibald BANNED

It just goes to prove my theory that this game only offers the illusion of choice, it rail-roads you to a linear path, what you do in the game doesn't really effect anything in the subsequent episodes as, for instance, saving Doug or Carley in Ep1 doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things as both will eventually be killed by Lilly... As others have said, it kills the replay value.

• I loved the scene before Carley's death when she tells Lilly off.

You think you're some tough bitch, don't you? Like nothing can hurt you, but you're just a scared little girl. Get the fuck over it.

I fell in love with Carley then.

• @StrawberryRainPop said: Same... Carleys death felt forced to me... and she was my fav character.... i DESPERATELY want them to patch her back in. It can be done....

I know right :( Maybe they can bring her back and say the bullet grazed the side of her head or something. ITS SO SAD :(

• @Dyslexsick said: Carley died. Lilly lived. I quit this game.

Lily had to live. She has to go to Woodbury and work for the Governor. End of story.

• User Avatar Image
    GSH

Yeah, pretty shit writing tbqh

• Well it is Walking Dead right. Don't beloved characters die all the time in the comics, with no regards to anything? I mean, I really really liked Carley. She was a great support, a great character and everything. Her death was the first thing that really really freaked me out...but it was a great scene. And it has to be done. We have to be reminded that people we care for can die at any given moment.

So watch out for Clem.

• Eh,even if they could bring Carley back, would you really want to watch her die again? Probably far more gruesome the second time.

• the only problem I really have with this is that one of the selling points of this game is that you are nurtering relationships and making lasting decisions in the story. Yet there are so little people still remaining from episode 1 or 2 that I'm like: "What was the point of most of it?"

• @oraclekun said: the only problem I really have with this is that one of the selling points of this game is that you are nurtering relationships and making lasting decisions in the story. Yet there are so little people still remaining from episode 1 or 2 that I'm like: "What was the point of most of it?"

ClementineVGface2.png

Add Comment