User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS] CARLEY [Ep 3 discussion]

posted by Oblivion1659 on - last edited - Viewed by 10.8K users

Hey i am really annoyed about carley being shot when it happend i didnt even want to carry on playing anyway maybe they could bring carly back she could have just been grazed by the bullet.No one even checked to she if she was dead the group could meet up with her again.I wont be buying anymore episodes unless carly comes back my friends also said the same.

Please say in the comments that you want carly back and make a thread about this and then maybe telltale games will see that we want carly back.

558 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @oraclekun said: "What was the point of most of it?"

    I think that is kinda the point. I mean they still gave you all the hints that "Carley will remember that..." 15 seconds before she is dead. You really do not know if there will be a consequence or someone dies before that. I think that is actually more interesting. In most games which feature stuff like that, you KNOW that it will bite you in the ass or will be helpful later on. Here? Everyone can die at any given moment or just leave the group or get seperated, whatever.

    I mean there were probably many gamers out there that liked Lilly as well and would have forgiven Lilly that she got crazy, and given her a second chance. But it is not about what the player wants. Even if you want to go with her, she lefts you with the group. Good or bad Relations. Sometimes stuff like that does not matter.

  • @Peace&Love said: ClementineVGface2.png


    Well, yeah, but I already picked every option that benefitted her figuring I would be stuck with her for the entire game...
    ...alright I can't pretend it's just a game mechanic, I'm doing everything for her because I care for her as a character. (and if you ever dare to kill her TTG I would be very upset, so you are totally planning that aren't you?)

    but I still stand by my comment that at this point all the decisions seem to be more about themselves then making an actual impact on the story (besides Clementine) I expected first episode things to come back and haunt me. I guess they have still have 2 episodes to prove otherwise, but if it turns out that 80% of the game was just the illusion of consequences it would diminish the value of this game.

    edit: @Cloudchaser: Yeah, I get that is part of the charm and I'm not completely against that. I also get that killing her off made for some good drama which I appreciate, but I just don't want this game to turn into a "unless you were lucky enough to pick clem's and kenny's options all the time episode 5 will get a lot harder"

  • @oraclekun said: "What was the point of most of it?"

    It's a zombie apocalypse, I think finding a reason to keep moving is sort of the moral of the story, particularly when everyone you care about is gone. Do you keep going or "punch your own ticket"?

    I liked Carley, but she did kinda push Lilly who was unquestionably unstable. I don't care if Ben was guilty, you don't try to put down a 17-year-old boy for stealing (poor Doug).

  • @Cyreen said: It's a zombie apocalypse, I think finding a reason to keep moving is sort of the moral of the story, particularly when everyone you care about is gone. Do you keep going or "punch your own ticket"?

    I liked Carley, but she did kinda push Lilly who was unquestionably unstable. I don't care if Ben was guilty, you don't try to put down a 17-year-old boy for stealing (poor Doug).

    Arguing with someone doesn't give them permission to shoot you in the face.

  • @skepticalguy90 said: Arguing with someone doesn't give them permission to shoot you in the face.

    Well of course not, but arguing with an armed nutcase is practically an engraved invitation.

  • @oraclekun said: the only problem I really have with this is that one of the selling points of this game is that you are nurtering relationships and making lasting decisions in the story. Yet there are so little people still remaining from episode 1 or 2 that I'm like: "What was the point of most of it?"

    I think this might be a problem for the future of this game. You invest time with a group of characters and slowly coming around to care and even desiring to have one to become a love interest. Then all you can do is watch them die and not be able to prevent it in a RPG game of all things.

    I know some players are not as invested in the characters as others might be but I care too much and I happened to care for Carley.

  • Kirkman said when people play this game he wants them to be sad because TWD is about sadness. I think Telltale has accomplished that quite well.

  • User Avatar Image
    lurchibald BANNED

    @darham175 said: Kirkman said when people play this game he wants them to be sad because TWD is about sadness. I think Telltale has accomplished that quite well.

    Sad? No. Annoyed? Yes.

  • Unlike other fans, i didnt even care for the delay, well i really didnt care i like games, and i enjoy playing dont care for the rest, but there is something i dont get at all, one of the only possible reasons for the delay on episodes would be the ONLY change In-game we could make, carly or doug but they simpli eliminated that problem on the start of the episode so, why did they took so long with it?!
    I remember earing on a video someone saying they would make in the end of the releases a CD game release for colectors but, do they realy think that giving the twints on the game anyone will want that?! if anyone purchases the rest of the episodes now is entirely for not ending up with an half played game.
    Has for me, well has soon as i saw Carly die i paused the game, came to the internet and saw that no mather what we do she dies, i just got depressed and uninstaled the game, dont even care for ending it now. Gess that Telltale is olny another business company, numbers before anything else.

  • @Damione said: Unlike other fans, i didnt even care for the delay, well i really didnt care i like games, and i enjoy playing dont care for the rest, but there is something i dont get at all, one of the only possible reasons for the delay on episodes would be the ONLY change In-game we could make, carly or doug but they simpli eliminated that problem on the start of the episode so, why did they took so long with it?!
    I remember earing on a video someone saying they would make in the end of the releases a CD game release for colectors but, do they realy think that giving the twints on the game anyone will want that?! if anyone purchases the rest of the episodes now is entirely for not ending up with an half played game.
    Has for me, well has soon as i saw Carly die i paused the game, came to the internet and saw that no mather what we do she dies, i just got depressed and uninstaled the game, dont even care for ending it now. Gess that Telltale is olny another business company, numbers before anything else.

    Telltale killed Carley ---> Telltale only cares about money.
    The definition of non-sequitor means "does not follow". This definition's application to your post does however flow logically. What the hell are you talking about?

    Bad decision, poor writing, cheap trick, clumsily handled or disservice to a beloved character are all descriptive options I can understand. Saying it proves they only care about money is just nonsense.

    Uninstall it if the scene soured your experience. But don't bring that wacky line of reasoning around here. We got our hands full already.

Add Comment