User Avatar Image

What exactly did Ben do wrong?

posted by MakersWax on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

I get it, Ben was giving supplies to the bandits without anyone's consent. Wasn't he doing it to keep them from attacking the motel and killing the group? I must have missed something, because I thought he was doing it after Lilly accused him but didn't give a damn.

If the group needed to tithe the bandits to keep from getting raided, who cares who was doing it? What did I miss?

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ben started giving the bandits stuff because they claimed to have his friend, then he kept doing it so they wouldn't kill him. Never once bothering to consult the group about any of it.

• Also when confronted with it he didn't fess up. Even after Lily kills Carley/Doug at the train.

• He gave them supplies because they claimed to have his friend. Them not attacking the group never had anything to do with it. We took him in, and while we weren't exactly friendly, we didn't throw him to the walkers when we had the chance. He repaid us giving him shelter, food, and protection by stealing our supplies and giving them to the people who have been shooting at us for nearly a week without even bothering to mention it to us. And when we finally ran out? What then?

• He just made a dumb mistake, typical for someone of his age, got in way over his head and tried to cover it up.

He's not a bad person. The only 'wrong' thing he did was to lie to the group about it all.

• It's the lack of transparency in his actions.

What's the number one ingredient in any relationship? Trust.

;)

• So the bandits knew the group had supplies and weren't attacking because they were getting a taste. Fine by me, Ben wasn't hurting the group.

• He's a kid. It's not much better than holding Duck responsible for Shaun.

• @MakersWax said: Ben was giving supplies to the bandits without anyone's consent.

Nailed it.

• Two things - one, if he'd told the others they could have either kept up the payments until they were ready to leave, or been ready to fight if they thought keeping the payments up wasn't worth it. Two, we don't know about the bandits or Ben's deal - it's possible that they could have been thinking a full-on raid wasn't worth the risk, but after the deal they knew the motel gang had an efficient scavenging operation that they wanted a piece of, and/or they decided that they had to send a clear message that you couldn't back out of deals with them.

• @greenj2 said: He just made a dumb mistake, typical for someone of his age, got in way over his head and tried to cover it up.

He's not a bad person. The only 'wrong' thing he did was to lie to the group about it all.

He made a "dumb mistake" that killed Carley! He deserves the worst possible death anyone has ever had!!!

Note: this is satire...

Add Comment