User Avatar Image

Your opinion of/reaction to meeting Chuck, Omid and Christa? Episode 3. [Spoilers]

posted by greenj2 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

I'm curious to know how you guys reacted to meeting and generally what you now think of these new survivors. :)

Personally, I was so emotionally drained after the previous horrific events of the day, I could hardly muster a fuck to give about these new, seemingly very interesting people. XD I just wearily went into automatic threat assessment mode and when I felt satisfied that they posed no obvious danger to our shambled remnants of a group, I decided they could all go to hell and fuck for all I cared. Pardon the language, but I feel it fits. XD

I must admit that I started to warm up to Chuck during the train ride. He seems like a cool dude, had some good advice and I shared a swig of hobo rum with him. Good times. The 'candy' dialogue upon meeting him may have been the only laughs I got in Episode 3 too, besides the 'Duck Greyson' stuff. That shot of Ben stuffing his face with hobo candy like a little kid was priceless. XD

91 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Same here. Hell, after what happened to Duck I thought that was the end of the episode.
    They (Omid/Christa) have some odd fixation with kids, and I didnt really get hint of a skillset between them. The old timer looks like he's an open book type of guy.
    They all seem friendly enough but I dont know how useful they'll be

• Chuck's introduction seemed alright, although when in the train, it seemed like Lee was about to meet his maker when Chuck began approaching him. I like Chuck for many reasons, but the Omid and Christa introduction seemed a little forced (Especially with the whole "They're coming with us and that's that." dialogue options).

Even when Christa disapproves with your prying, and states something along the lines of "Not being a part of the group for too long." she still tags along. For being a loner, with her boi, Omid, she sure opted to come along, Walkers be damned. As for those two, Christa seems decent, but Omid seems a little too "helpful." I'm not the biggest Christa and Omid fans, just yet. :P Yay, Charles! :D

• Chuck seems cool enough and is a good addition to our crew but i still feel like he's holding out on us with some dark secret. Not so fond of Christa. She comes in thinking she's the shit and we so desperately need her. She starts saying that she'll leave if she doesn't like what she sees, news flash bitch we arent exactly looking for new requits. Omid is alright I guess but i think they're getting a little too close to Clem.

• @Xarne said: Same here. Hell, after what happened to Duck I thought that was the end of the episode.
    They (Omid/Christa) have some odd fixation with kids, and I didnt really get hint of a skillset between them. The old timer looks like he's an open book type of guy.
    They all seem friendly enough but I dont know how useful they'll be

Im pretty sure Christa is pregnant. When Lee first comes up the ladder he hears them talking about "needing a group when...", and it hit me on my second play through that he means when she gives birth.

It explains why Omid is so happy to see a kid, and why Christa just wanted to talk to Clem. She's probably trying to figure out if a child can cope and survive in this world. Her question in the station "Do you know what your doing with her" is probably the same question that she is struggling with herself.

But who knows, they may be serial killers or cannibals :p

• Omid is damn cute and so loveable :) And Christa is Christa ;)

• I don't like Christa, she's Lilly version 2.0.

• The Christa being pregnant thing is an interesting theory, but I'm not sure if it sets well with me. Number one, Omid is the man for doing the horizontal monster mash with her during the zombie apocalypse, but since she's skinny as a twig (No signs of pregnancy) this had to have happened fairly recently (Since so much time has passed from the beginning of the ZA). That just seems like a risk most people wouldn't take. If this happened before hand, she'd be showing already. Just my thoughts.

If we had no place to stay, were on the move, and so forth, "Hey honey, let's screw." would be the last thing on my mind. Unless, of course, she was a rape victim, or something, but I think that would play out differently. I just think they have an ulterior motive with the group, for the moment.

• I think Christa and Omid are the new Doug and Carley. That's my best guess for TTG getting rid of them so early. We'll probably get the option to save one in episode four and that will have some effect on five.

I also think Christa is the intended romance option for Lee, the part about American history was just to perfect to be idle chit-chat. Plus they seemed to emphasize her motherly instincts towards Clem.

• @greenj2 said:
    Personally, I was so emotionally drained after the previous horrific events of the day, I could hardly muster a fuck to give about these new, seemingly very interesting people. XD I just wearily went into automatic threat assessment mode and when I felt satisfied that they posed no obvious threat

This right here. After the horrible events of the day I was too emotionally drained to even give them the time of day. I'm sure the characters are well designed, but this is not the group I bled for and have protected over the last 2 episodes. These new characters have alot of work to do before I care about anything that happens to them. As of now, the only person I feel any connection to in our group is Clem Clem.

• @Shane.Granger said: I also think Christa is the intended romance option for Lee

I hope not. D: I hope she's intended zombie food, if anything. >_> The Southern History comment could play out, as she states she (And I assume Omid, as well) is from Cali. That explains what they were doing, in the scene, to be stuck there. I think Lee raising his hand about his interest in the same subject was a stab at humor, if you recall her question about it all. :D

Old, creepy walkie guy can have Christa and Omid. Enjoy, guy! :P

Add Comment