User Avatar Image

Even Clems Not Trustworthy

posted by kirby18 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Were all so blinded by her cuteness but I seem to be the only one here who sees a major flaw here with the radio. Everyone on this forum keeps saying "the only one i trust is clem" but she clearly doesnt trust Lee!! heres why:

in the very beginning when kenny nd lee are returning with supplies lee sees clem holding her radio clearly in a way in which you would talk on it (as opposed to admiring the new stickers). IGN just released the full walkthrough and if you forgot or dont believe you can see it on part 1 i think of their walkthrough.

then, and this is my main point, when you are discussing the plan with her, she clearly makes it apparent she wants to go look for her parents before the boat. regardless of what you choose to say in that, the whole point is she doesnt mention the man on the radio who has confirmed to her that her parents are ok. we know shes a smart girl so put yourself in her shoes, if someone told you your parents are alive wouldnt you run to lee as fast as possible to tell him? not only that but even more so to back up that your parents arent dead in an argument as to what you will do when you get to savanah

thirdly, this has clearly been going on for a pretty extended period. as the guy claims "even if lee doesnt let you" , so basically here is what im saying with respect to next episode:

if clem did not mention the guy on the radio to lee it only means one thing she trusts the guy on the radio more than lee. i think clem might willingly go with him or willingly try to seperate from lee knowing he thinks her parents are dead, which they probably are. i think just being a kid, she heard her parents and went blind to the real threat. Id realky love to see some counter argument because i cant think of any... i mean clem hasnt come to lee to tell him anything (regarding secrets) like lee did by telling her that lee was convicted (if you chose that).... maybe she thinks lee is a bad person
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For comedic relief along side with a few decent points, here is a post from this thread from FankyMaloon :

In fact, I'm gonna take this even further: Clementine is totally in control of the whole operation, and has been from the beginning!

Add up the facts:

- Know any other 8-year-old kids who wouldn't be a cowering mess with soiled drawers after seeing what Clementine's seen? The only way this is possible is if she's on top of the whole situation every step of the way.

- Clementine made it clear that she almost took Lee out with a hammer when she first spotted him from her treehouse. Instead, she decided this was someone she could use for her own needs...and she has wrapped him around her little finger every step of the way since then.

- Every time Lee tells Clementine the truth, we hear "Clementine appreciated your honesty"...but Clementine has been completely dishonest about her radio, keeping her conversations 100% secret from EVERYONE.

- And how DOES she keep her walkie-talkie charged? Well, what was the story behind the broken flashlight? We never heard that its batteries were still in it...because they're not! Notice that the shards of the flashlight's glass were found right next to Clementine's chalk drawings? Ah-HAH!

- Speaking of the chalk drawings, whose pink chalk was that, making signs for the bandits on the wall, anyway? Of course, Clem lies that her pink chalk has "gone somewhere"...but WE know better, don't we? SHE dropped it at the gate when she was making the deliveries for the bandits!

- She's making sure to get rid of every annoyance: Carly was clearly a threat to her control over Lee, and had be be eliminated, so Clementine's planting evidence worked perfectly. Duck was her #1 annoyance, Clem couldn't stand him...and she didn't exactly shed a tear when Duck was out of the picture, did she?

- Clementine even convinced Ben to take the rap for her, and now Lee is silencing Ben...so she has that whole angle all sewn up, clever little thing that she is!

- Lee's dream of a Zombie Clem chomping into him is a clear indication that, deep in his heart, Lee knows Clem is not the sweet innocent girl she pretends to be.

- Clementine is in cahoots with Mr. Shadow/Silhouette Man, and probably has been since the very beginning.

- And lastly, WHERE did we see the very first walker, where was the very epicenter of this epidemic? Right near Clementine's treehouse, that's where! Did we ever SEE what Clementine was up to in that sordid treehouse of hers? No we did not!

Proof Positive: Clementine has been masterminding the whole crew, and is possibly behind the whole epidemic!



From past experience with the irony-deficient reading these forums, I probably should have placed big flashing lights and an "Irony Alert" sign on this post....

75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As I said, choices in this game doesn't matter. I don't even care what clem feels now since nothing will change as it has to follow the designed path.

  • Was this needed? Anyone with a brain already understood that playing the same game.

  • You forgot to mention what she replies about telling her parents about Lee being a murderer. She asks if she can tell and if you say yes she seems normal. But if you say no she get's pissy and says she will do it anyway.

  • @kirby18 said: Were all so blinded by her cuteness but I seem to be the only one here who sees a major flaw here with the radio. Everyone on this forum keeps saying "the only one i trust is clem" but she clearly doesnt trust Lee!! heres why:

    in the very beginning when kenny nd lee are returning with supplies lee sees clem holding her radio clearly in a way in which you would talk on it (as opposed to admiring the new stickers). IGN just released the full walkthrough and if you forgot or dont believe you can see it on part 1 i think of their walkthrough.

    then, and this is my main point, when you are discussing the plan with her, she clearly makes it apparent she wants to go look for her parents before the boat. regardless of what you choose to say in that, the whole point is she doesnt mention the man on the radio who has confirmed to her that her parents are ok. we know shes a smart girl so put yourself in her shoes, if someone told you your parents are alive wouldnt you run to lee as fast as possible to tell him? not only that but even more so to back up that your parents arent dead in an argument as to what you will do when you get to savanah

    thirdly, this has clearly been going on for a pretty extended period. as the guy claims "even if lee doesnt let you" , so basically here is what im saying with respect to next episode:

    if clem did not mention the guy on the radio to lee it only means one thing she trusts the guy on the radio more than lee. i think clem might willingly go with him or willingly try to seperate from lee knowing he thinks her parents are dead, which they probably are. i think just being a kid, she heard her parents and went blind to the real threat. Id realky love to see some counter argument because i cant think of any... i mean clem hasnt come to lee to tell him anything (regarding secrets) like lee did by telling her that lee was convicted (if you chose that).... maybe she thinks lee is a bad person

    You're totally right! You can't blame her because that guy is talking about her family, remember, kids are very "NAIVE". But you're totally right about her being untrustworthy.

  • Well, we haven't heard all of the intimate details of what they've been talking about over this period of time. Clem's smart, but everyone has a vulnerability. Her's is her parents, so far. Depending on what he knows, he could have manipulated Clemmy into believing a gaggle of lies, including something along the lines of he's monitoring their movements (He did key in when they were arriving to the city, which implies he saw them coming). If she doesn't comply, he'll kill her parents. That includes not telling Lee. Who knows? The possibilities are endless.

    I do agree, however, that Clem's trustworthiness will be tested in this next episode. The guy on the radio seems like a creeper, but we don't have any knowledge of him, other than he's been talking to Clem. Yeah, after all is said and done, she might deserve a spanking. :P

  • I don't even trust Lee any longer. I get the feeling he's just saying what I want to hear.

  • @MakersWax said: I don't even trust Lee any longer. I get the feeling he's just saying what I want to hear.

    When you're the one choosing what he says?

  • @SonnyN18 said: When you're the one choosing what he says?

    Well, we do only have four, set dialogue options in most cases. Silence should not be a valid option. :D Neither should some of the preexisting dialogue options, for that matter. >_>

  • @Dead_Man_Walking said: Well, we do only have four, set dialogue options in most cases. Silence should not be a valid option. :D Neither should some of the preexisting dialogue options, for that matter. >_>

    Well the dialogue options seem pretty fair to me

  • @SonnyN18 said: Well the dialogue options seem pretty fair to me

    Yeah, for the most part, but some of them don't seem to fit. I'd reword some of the statements, or pick them more carefully, in the future, though. :)

Add Comment