User Avatar Image

Episode 3 ruined everything

posted by falcon168 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

The first time I'm not looking forward to new release at all. If it comes out, I'll play, if not, I'm not bothered. Well done TTG! episode 3 ruined everthing and also appeared everything about that fake choice making.

193 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Soo... at the very beginning of Ep 3 when I shot the woman to save her suffering, it didn't matter? Well perhaps it didn't matter to you - which is fair enough. And perhaps it didn't really make a real difference to the game afterwards - again, fair enough. But it mattered to me when I was playing and I know I made the right decision. In my opinion, you get as much out of the game as you put in.

• Wow. Way to be melodramatic OP. What did you expect?
    It's a story game. It follows a set narrative.
    The choices you make don't effect the eventuality of the story

Did you really expect the developers to make a game like that?
    It would take so unbelievably long. And you fanboys already get irked when it takes longer than a month to deliver an episode.

If you want an unfathomably dynamic gameplay experience. Like someone else said. Pick up a pen-and-paper RPG. And even then the GM will prolly railroad the game to go down his set narrative.

This is a great adventure game, with some of the most emotionally engaging storylines I've ever had the pleasure to participate in. And that's what it is. Interactive fiction in graphic form. Not a zombie apocalypse simulator...

• I have a feeling that our relationships with characters will come full swing in episode 4 to the point where most groups are different. Will Ben feel the guilt after you trusted him and sacrifice himself etc.

Still pissed about Doug though :(

• @dubesor said: But at least make the player feel in 1 or 2 occasions that his choice actually DID matter. And DID change something. Because as of now there are no signs of this ever happening and that is a huge disappointment.

How about when you chose Carly or Doug? That was a huge choice that really mattered.

• @LokiHavok said: How about when you chose Carly or Doug? That was a huge choice that really mattered.

how so? Both do the same and both die at the same point of the game. I was talking about a lasting decision that differs from what would happen if you chose something else. Just 1.

• Yes, they both die eventually. But under different circumstances. it's not like the devs simply swapped models for the death scenes. Something different did happen.

Carley antagonized Lilly into shooting her.

If Carley wasn't around she would have shot at Ben. Which she did. But good guy Doug was collateral damage.

Two completely different scenes. Not to mention the differences int eh story between the saving of either of them and their eventual death.

The only thing similar between the two scenarios is they both eventually die. That's it.
    Everything else is different. How they contribute to the group and how they've helped Lee out all depend on that char's personality. The choice of who gets those extra 3 months of life is a pretty big decision.

Like real life some situations are beyond one person's control. Lilly was going to shoot who she thought was the traitor no matter what.

• sonnyn18 great post!

Guys, do you control life? Do you save people's lives just because you want to? Do you become rich just because you feel you should be? It is the struggles that you go true and decisions that you make that matter, not the results. Even in real life we don't always get to have the results that we want. The choices are what define you as people and that's the most important thing.

Some of you are really missing the point of this game. If you want a complete control over situations, go play Left 4 Dead and kill as much zombies as you want. Unfortunately life won't abide to every little whim you have, and neither will this game.

• @LokiHavok said: Yes, they both die eventually. But under different circumstances. it's not like the devs simply swapped models for the death scenes. Something different did happen.

Carley antagonized Lilly into shooting her.

If Carley wasn't around she would have shot at Ben. Which she did. But good guy Doug was collateral damage.

Two completely different scenes. Not to mention the differences int eh story between the saving of either of them and their eventual death.

The only thing similar between the two scenarios is they both eventually die. That's it.
    Everything else is different. How they contribute to the group and how they've helped Lee out all depend on that char's personality. The choice of who gets those extra 3 months of life is a pretty big decision.

Like real life some situations are beyond one person's control. Lilly was going to shoot who she thought was the traitor no matter what.

That alone would be fine. But the fact that they kill off every character except for clem and Kenny (Ben wasn't from the start) means that the decisions you made that only the dead characters know about can't really affect the story that much anymore. I'm not talking about RP differences because they are fine, but the fact that the story changes and that the characters act differently I have a hard time seeing as all of the characters who knew stuff from the first two episodes are dead.

I feel that in a way the choice of people that died (Carley/Doug instead of Ben) is partly because they want to reduce development time or maybe I'm just a pessimist.

• @dubesor said: how so? Both do the same and both die at the same point of the game. I was talking about a lasting decision that differs from what would happen if you chose something else. Just 1.

How exactly are you expecting it to be different?

• @YamiRaziel said: sonnyn18 great post!

Guys, do you control life? Do you save people's lives just because you want to? Do you become rich just because you feel you should be? It is the struggles that you go true and decisions that you make that matter, not the results. Even in real life we don't always get to have the results that we want. The choices are what define you as people and that's the most important thing.

Some of you are really missing the point of this game. If you want a complete control over situations, go play Left 4 Dead and kill as much zombies as you want. Unfortunately life won't abide to every little whim you have, and neither will this game.

You are completely missing the point of what atleast I mean when I want the story to be changed. See my post above for details.

Add Comment