User Avatar Image

Your opinion of/reaction to meeting Chuck, Omid and Christa? Episode 3. [Spoilers]

posted by greenj2 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

I'm curious to know how you guys reacted to meeting and generally what you now think of these new survivors. :)

Personally, I was so emotionally drained after the previous horrific events of the day, I could hardly muster a fuck to give about these new, seemingly very interesting people. XD I just wearily went into automatic threat assessment mode and when I felt satisfied that they posed no obvious danger to our shambled remnants of a group, I decided they could all go to hell and fuck for all I cared. Pardon the language, but I feel it fits. XD

I must admit that I started to warm up to Chuck during the train ride. He seems like a cool dude, had some good advice and I shared a swig of hobo rum with him. Good times. The 'candy' dialogue upon meeting him may have been the only laughs I got in Episode 3 too, besides the 'Duck Greyson' stuff. That shot of Ben stuffing his face with hobo candy like a little kid was priceless. XD

91 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@TheWaltzingBread said:

I really like Chuck, or as I know him, the narrator from Bastion.

I KNEW I had heard that voice before! ;)

• I like them, or at least I like Omid. Christa is a little harder to read but I like that Omid brought a little light-heartedness after all the tragedy. I also like Chuck. He did give Lee some good advice.

• I think this is just as good place to start posting as any.

@Cjcfman said: Im pretty sure Christa is pregnant. When Lee first comes up the ladder he hears them talking about "needing a group when...", and it hit me on my second play through that he means when she gives birth.

It explains why Omid is so happy to see a kid, and why Christa just wanted to talk to Clem. She's probably trying to figure out if a child can cope and survive in this world. Her question in the station "Do you know what your doing with her" is probably the same question that she is struggling with herself.

That is what I think too. The discussion they had just before Lee joined them on the bridge was a big hint and how happy Omid was when they saw Clem. I can guess that they have had their own arguments and worries about having a child in ZA, but when Omid saw Clem it was like giving him a point for his more optimistic view that they can raise a child there.

• @TheWaltzingBread said: I liked the little role reversal between Omid and Christa, and the part when Lee dangled him off the edge of the bridge made giggle, even after what happened to Duck and Katjaa.

That was funny, lol. I pushed Omid off the bridge and he broke his leg. Im hoping that doesnt eventually get him killed and add to my guilt.

• My opinion?

Chucks drinking is going to get him killed.

Omid is a pedophile Misogynist weakling, self loathing White Knight.

Christa is a Misandrist.

• Chuck: Think he's alright. Harmless and is quite street smart about the whole ZA.
    Omid: I like his nice cheery outlook, but think there's something wrong.
    Christa: Strongly dislike. Criticising how my Lee treats Clem, and a possible threat to take Clem off of Lee. Seems a bit power hungry, like Lily but not on my side. Criticised me for helping her into the train, dumb bitch.

I dunno, it seems a bit dodgy that they're just on a road with nothing at all, somethings not quite right about them

• Chuck: Think he's alright. Harmless and is quite street smart about the whole ZA.
    Omid: I like his nice cheery outlook, but think there's something wrong.
    Christa: Strongly dislike. Criticising how my Lee treats Clem, and a possible threat to take Clem off of Lee. Seems a bit power hungry, like Lily but not on my side. Criticised me for helping her into the train, dumb bitch.

I dunno, it seems a bit dodgy that they're just on a road with nothing at all, somethings not quite right about them

• @Lykosia said: I think this is just as good place to start posting as any.

That is what I think too. The discussion they had just before Lee joined them on the bridge was a big hint and how happy Omid was when they saw Clem. I can guess that they have had their own arguments and worries about having a child in ZA, but when Omid saw Clem it was like giving him a point for his more optimistic view that they can raise a child there.

Wow. You guys are good. I had to go to video replay before it clicked for me. Had no idea what they were talking about but it makes sense now. Maybe that is why they decided to take this road trip three months ago. They found out Christa is pregnant and wanted to "see America" before the child arrives.

• Actually, she's not pregnant yet. But they have been trying.
    That's why as you approach Omid says "Maybe a group of guy's is what we need.."

This makes me think that he is sterile IE "shooting blanks"
    And that he wants one or all of the men to inseminate Christa....
    Possibly in some sort of gangbang situation..

• To be honest I was mentally exhausted after the events of that day.

Considering the lady was a player hater, is their presence really worthy of my devotion?

Team Lee FTW, everyone else can just stfu.

;)

Add Comment