User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 20.9K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Dead_Man_Walking said: I like Lee and his sorrowful tale, but new meat would be interesting, as well. Maybe TTG will give us a choice, in game, to continue on as Lee (Assuming he survives), or another survivor. I'd even like a customizable character to play the role of the protagonist. :D Hint, hint, TTG! <3

New meat new brains! Nom nom nom...

• @Kenneloth said: New meat new brains! Nom nom nom...

New zombie models would be nice too. New Walkers, new targets! Bang bang bang... :D

On my note of customization, hopefully you can model your own character's personality, and have dialogue to match. That, or give us dialogue that matches with different moods of the character, clearing up the lopsidedness of the current dialogue options. :) I'd gladly pay ten bucks an installment for that (But make the episodes a little longer. :P).

Being able to manipulate the character model would be nice, too. Double hint, hint, TTG. :D

• @Dead_Man_Walking said: New zombie models would be nice too. New Walkers, new targets! Bang bang bang... :D

On my note of customization, hopefully you can model your own character's personality, and have dialogue to match. That, or give us dialogue that matches with different moods of the character, clearing up the lopsidedness of the current dialogue options. :) I'd gladly pay ten bucks an installment for that (But make the episodes a little longer. :P).

Being able to manipulate the character model would be nice, too. Double hint, hint, TTG. :D

TTG ruined my impression of a "tailored" game experience. The way I see it, no gaming company has managed to nail any customized game experience genre correctly. Especially after Episode 2, I can see that TTG is no different from the rest of the group.

• Hey all, since the walking dead series have been so popular( TT most successful game yet i believe, and my personal GOTY as of yet.)do you guys think there would be a season 2? It would be amazing if there was one.

• @Shahmario said: Hey all, since the walking dead series have been so popular( TT most successful game yet i believe, and my personal GOTY as of yet.)do you guys think there would be a season 2? It would be amazing if there was one.

they already said they will. they announced way back

• @GamingDragon316 said: they already said they will. they announced way back

Seriously??? You're kidding right??

• I think they said it's a possibility, yes. I think Season 1's good sales and reception ensure that we will see a 2nd Season at some point.

• @Shahmario said: Seriously??? You're kidding right??

yes im serious and no im not kidding. they already announced it but when thats the guessing game

• Do you have any suggestions for Season 2?

You know everybody has an opinion....

Where to start? haha

Stop making Lee "Michael Jackson 2.0": never really seen with women with a fondness of children. It's weird. Let Lee stick his mushroom tip in some sweet sugar walls.

Also, you see what how Mass Effect 2 handled life and death in the transition to 3? Yeah, I think that might be possible. I don't know. I like what you did with Carley's death but some have obviously been very upset so there might be a solution, if you care to pander.

Overall, I like the game, but I'm sure my peers will have much to add and discuss.

• I think I want to see what happens in this season before I start offering suggestions for the second.

Add Comment