User Avatar Image

Katjaa and Duck (spoilers)

posted by KCohere on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

Everyone is so upset about Carley, Which I get, I liked her too , that I feel like Kat and Duck's deaths were a bit overshadowed. I know how much people hated Duck, eventhough I didnt. I was wondering how everyone felt about what happened to them.

Mods, if this is a repeat post feel free to remove or merge it.

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • He was a bit annoying at times, but I never wanted this to happen to him. It was so sad to see the life slowly draining out of him, knowing there was nothing we could do to stop him turning. I was constantly worried he was going to turn in Katjaas arms and tear into her before anyone could react. But then she took herself out of the picture anyway.

• Yeah I knew his fate was sealed in the RV when the bit was revealed. I just had no idea Katjaa would off herself. It was all so shocking. But it made sense.

As for duck. I shot him myself. I actually waited until he physically died/stopped breathing. SO I didn't make Lee a child murderer. Or at least that's what appeared to happen.

All of the event that happened in this episode were pretty overwealming. Ultimately I really felt bad for Kenny. He didn't deserve that. Altho I wasn't personally attached to his family. Not like Carley.

• @LokiHavok said: As for duck. I shot him myself. I actually waited until he physically died/stopped breathing. SO I didn't make Lee a child murderer. Or at least that's what appeared to happen.

I did the same. He definetely seems to stop breathing if you leave it for a minute. I kept holding fire, waiting to see if he was going to "come alive" as a walker, but it never seems to happen.

• i only expected ducks death, not katjaa's and yea i felt kinda bad for duck to the point i wished that i would've been able to save him

• He grew on me. I mean, he let me be Batman while he was Robin... how cool is that. Even high-fived him :D

I was absolutely sure Katjaa was gone for sure. Thought she would just decide to stay behind with him though instead of killing herself. Both make perfect sense though.

Shot Duck myself. I mean it should be Batman who finishes Robin :D Plus Duck seemed to think I was cooler than his dad, even though I went for Shawn in Hershel's farm. If Kenny shot Duck, not only it would be really hard for him, but he could actually toughen up. I want him to know that from now on it's my call or he can leave the group for good. I don't want him treating me like he treated Lily. He ruins groups and if Telltale allows me I'm gonna see that he isn't with me at the end of episode 5

• Yeah I totally made Kenny my bitch in the fight in the cab. Lee's gunna def be more dominant in the final episodes. At least how I'm gunna play him.

It works out in my favour. Cause now he is a broken man with teh death of his family.A nd can easily be controlled. That's why I didn't give Duck the crackers and the water. I wanted this to happen. SO Kenny could be my loyal and depressed goon.

• I started to like Duck, and even though I was getting less and less fond of Kenny, nobody deserved this. If there were three groups in episode 2 headed by Lilly, Kenny, and Lee, all of them have been obliterated. Lilly's alone, Kenny's alone, Lee has nobody left to trust except Clem (who we're now beginning to question). This entire episode was hugely depressing.

I offered to shoot Duck because making his own dad do it just seemed sick. I then waited for a few minutes to see if he'd turn, incase there was even a iota of hope that his body might beat the infection. When it came to Kat, it took my brain a little while to registered what had happened, at which point I mentally fell onto my knees, looked up at the sky, and shouted curses at the heavens. It wasn't any one death that broke me, it was the relentlessness of all three.

• Interesting. I guess Im the only one who told Kenny to shoot Duck? I offered to before they went into the woods but I got turned down so I figured Kenny as his father should be the one to do it. Better him than a near stranger (eventhough Duck thought I was awesome, lol). He took it like a champ and did want needed to be done. That was the walkthrough where I tried to fight Kenny because I was still mad at him but he kicked the crap out of me anyway, lol.

My second playthrough, knowing he was going to lose his family I just decided to be compassionate and supportive but the next time I play, I owe him a butt whipping.

• How do you avoid the fight with Kenny? I tried to talk him down, but I think I must have said the wrong thing and he flipped out.

• @Sir Craigius said: How do you avoid the fight with Kenny? I tried to talk him down, but I think I must have said the wrong thing and he flipped out.

I just said, "I just want to talk" or something and he calmed down. And then I said, "You have a wife and son who need you." and that made him stop the train.

Oh, I also said that he blamed himself for Duck getting bitten. I think that might have taken the air out of him.

Add Comment