User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 26.2K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RingmasterJ5 said: Which console? Apparently the Wii/PS2/PC version is the better game.

PS3. I'll give the Wii one a go.

Now playing Rango, also on the PS3. 8/10. For a movie tie-in, this is actually pretty good!

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I'm playing Indiana Jones Adventure World. It's an annoying Zynga casual game with begging friends and waiting for energy, but I keep coming back to it. It's co-written by Hal Barwood (co-creator of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine) so what's there is quite intriguing. It's also interesting how they bring in characters from the films not used much (the guy who was a skeleton on a trap at the start of Raiders (alive and well, and in competition with Indy), the friend of Indy and his son who goes crazy from looking at a skull in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull), as well as Marion. I don't know what deal they have with the characters (since it was apparently licensed from Lucasfilm directly instead of LucasArts), but it would be cool if Sophia Hapgood showed up since Hal's involved in the writing. :)

• Currently playing through The Next Big Thing.

Pretty funny game.

• Finally got around to putting some time into Civilization V a year after I bought the game as I couldn't get it working well at the time but now it's fine (I guess because of various patches combined with a new graphics card for myself).

• Mass Effect 3. I picked it up yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far.

• Currently playing through the Runaway series.

• Finished Rango, which was a fun little game with a batshit insane plot. It got old after a while though, since you're forced to grind for cash in order to get an achievement (hate when games do that, especially if you have to keep grinding once you've bought everything there is to spend the money on - I'm looking at you, Ratchet & Clank), and I'll be starting the latest Men in Black game tomorrow if I can be bothered. Maybe.

• Ok. I bought Xenoblade earlier, and I've been playing it for a few hours.

Oh my fucking god! THIS GAME IS AWEEEEEESSSOOOOOMMMEEEEE!!! :D

A story thats pretty interesting from the get go, and a battle system that is incredibly smooth but still pretty strategic.

I just want to keep playing it. Its got my attention for sure.

• Played through Lego Batman 2, good story, but "DC Superheros" is a bit misleading when its really Batman + Superman, which random DC Superheros becoming playable for the finale.

Haven't played much of the sandbox though, IDK if I really want to go for 100% or not, depends on how much of a pain it takes to grind studs.

• @Gman5852 said: Played through Lego Batman 2, good story, but "DC Superheros" is a bit misleading when its really Batman + Superman, which random DC Superheros becoming playable for the finale.

I still say they should have called it World's Finest instead of DC Superheroes. Fits the wacky tone better.
    @Gman5852 said: Haven't played much of the sandbox though, IDK if I really want to go for 100% or not, depends on how much of a pain it takes to grind studs.Get the multipliers, it makes it massively easier. There's a little car driving/smashing game near the power plant, IIRC, that has a 2x, and I think there's another one inside the funfair. It's been a while since I played it.

Add Comment