User Avatar Image

Bring ***** Back! ( or maybe ***** )

posted by ZombieBlaster on - last edited - Viewed by 910 users

My Observation

I'm not much of a doctor but I am quite an observer. I watched Carley's death a lot of times ( it's torture ) and I can see that she got hit in her left cheek. Sorry don't know bout' Doug

My stupid reason:

What if some good professional healer "Samaratin" saw him/her and healed him/her. I've watched a lot dramas and somehow those people who get shot in the face or body still manages to survive. Maybe
they will somehow just get an eyepatch or something, but they will still be alive.

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Sorry to put this in not so careful terms, but if her/his brain hadn't been shattered all over the area, the gang would have never left her/him lying at the side of the street. They wouldn't risk that a team member turns into a zombie.

Also, if Telltale decided to let the character somehow turn up in episode 4 or 5, it would feel pretty cheap. IIRC, Kirkman has already stated that in the world of the Walking Dead, you just don't meet people twice. This is all the more true for definitely dead people.

• @Vainamoinen said: Sorry to put this in not so careful terms, but if her/his brain hadn't been shattered all over the area, the gang would have never left her/him lying at the side of the street. They wouldn't risk that a team member turns into a zombie.

Also, if Telltale decided to let the character somehow turn up in episode 4 or 5, it would feel pretty cheap. IIRC, Kirkman has already stated that in the world of the Walking Dead, you just don't meet people twice. This is all the more true for definitely dead people.

We need to have a chat with Merle on the TV series. ;)

...and sorry guys, Carley is gone.

• I'm sorry but this cannot be a serious thread

• @Vainamoinen said: Sorry to put this in not so careful terms, but if her/his brain hadn't been shattered all over the area, the gang would have never left her/him lying at the side of the street. They wouldn't risk that a team member turns into a zombie.

Again, I think we need to be clear on something.

TTG is not Robert Kirkman/Fatman, Fatman/Robert Kirkman is not TTG.

Morgan was the only exception to that, at least that I can remember (in the comics). Also, please use your mighty bad-ass Vainamoinen powers to prevent this board from turning into a Mass Effect community outcry to have TTG change their story in anyway. :P

• She comes back in the last episode as Zombie Carley to eat Lee's brains.

• Yeah sorry shes gotta be dead. Im sure Telltale cares about their fans and everything but I really hope they dont pull a Bioware and pander to their fans, regardless of how ridiculous their requests are. In other words I dont want a cyborg Carley to show up in Episode 4.

• Sorry Zombieblaster, Carley is gone. Her friendship and firepower will be sorely missed.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Marleysativa said: Morgan was the only exception to that, at least that I can remember (in the comics). Also, please use your mighty bad-ass Vainamoinen powers to prevent this board from turning into a Mass Effect community outcry to have TTG change their story in anyway. :P

If the outcry was there, I certainly would not abuse my mighty mod powers to oppress it.

But I don't think it really is there, because most community members understand the narrative purpose. The Walking Dead series in whatever form is about killing off the people you like most when you least expect it in the most violent way possible. I don't like it, but that is the effing principle of the entire franchise. To oppose it (for any other reason than, say, finding the effort TTG put in the Ca/Do-branches lacking) would mean not liking zombie stories to begin with.

The story says: This character dies. Asking for a return of that character is a bit of a betrayal of your own feelings when you experienced the scene for the first time. If there's no finality, if the narrators don't mean "final" when they display "final", you will feel less emotional reaction in this scene. For what Telltale wanted to achieve - the grief, the anger, the shock, the moment of disbelief - this is the way it had to be done.

Mass Effect 3 had a short crappy ending (and now has a long crappy ending) in which its creators show zero understanding of basic storytelling principles and, worst of all, zero understanding of the spirit of their own creation. I can say with absolute certainty that the latter will not happen to TWD game.

Add Comment