User Avatar Image

iOS episode 2-5 download SOLUTION [unofficial]

posted by Magicpness on - last edited by MattP - Viewed by 18K users

Hurray, episode 2 finally came out!

...except, I'm having major difficulties downloading episode 2. I'm not sure what the issue is but some advice would be nice:

First, im in china. Second, I normally don't have iTunes download problems, but with the walking dead, each failed download attempt restarts the progress back to 0, unfortunately not saving any previous downloaded packets. Third, the error message repeatedly says 'I need to be connected to the Internet to download ...'. I'm connected to the Internet, tried multiple locations, all to no end. Is it server side?

I've downloaded up to 10+% multiple times to the point where if the packets were saved, I should have episode 2 by now. The connection drops at random speeds, random percentages, although it seems to drop the most between 10-25%. I haven't past 52% as of yet.

I figured, since I've waited this long, I don't mind waiting a few more days for episode 2, but to have the option to download it and not work is more infuriating than a non disclosed release date. Suggestions would be nice (iPad reset doesn't work. Don't want to redownload app due to losing game saves)

EDIT : Solution posted on page 4

62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm having the same problem here in California. I'm on an iPad 3 and everytime I try to download Episode 2, I get about 0-20% and it says, "Internet Connection Failed" when my internet connection is fine. Help TellTale Support!

• Me too!! No official reply yet!?!?!?

• Problem seems to be a bit rampant. Any suggestions Telltale?:(

• @clanmclain said: I'm having the same problem here in California. I'm on an iPad 3 and everytime I try to download Episode 2, I get about 0-20% and it says, "Internet Connection Failed" when my internet connection is fine. Help TellTale Support!

I too am having the same problem here in california,I have gotten as far as 70 % but thats the best so far.is there anyway for us to download direct from Itunes to our computers?

• I'm from germany and i've the same problem on my iPad 3 32GB Wifi.
    I tried 2 different WLANs... at home 32.000kbit and at work...
    My best result was something at 90% so far... But mostly it stopps before 10...20% or even before 1%.

I'm using iOS 6 Beta 4 but i'm sure this isn't the problem.
    I think the others here don't use iOS 6 ^^?

It really makes no fun to wait for something that turns out to be not downloadable even days after the release... i wouldn't have preordered
    the whole Season if i would have known this before.

• Yep, same issue here...and what's worse is I actually bought the iOS version because I was having the same issues downloading Episode II on PC a while ago. I've put...what...roughly $45 on The Walking Dead, can't get Episode II to download on iOS and just like Ep. II on PC, Episode III will take non-stop retrying for an entire week to finish. Do I regret getting the iOS season pass? **** yes. Should've waited to see if it was having the same download issues as PC. Telltale, please do us all a favor and go back to separate downloads with future releases...this internal downloading shit is driving me insane.

• Yes i totally aggree with you. Each episode should be one app...

I even belive that this modle lower the sells... Because nobody knows when a new episode gets released! If there's a new App everyone knows and noone would have these problems.
    I bought all Back to the Future episodes and everythink worked fine because they were in seperate apps.

And now this...

• @Admins/Mods could someone please move this thread to ''game support" ? Thx!

• Now it worked at the third WLAN ^^ no idea if it was luck or if the servers work better now or are under lower usage... Hopefully with episode 3 the download will work from the beginning.

• Same things happening to me. I once got a far as 96% which is really annoying. Is there a fix? It says I have a connection problem when I clearly don't.

Add Comment