User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]Lilly to return? (merged threads)

posted by Tekor on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Hey guys,

I want to see how many peoples besides me would like to have Lilly back in group in the next episode.

She is my favorite character alongside with Carley and Duck,but since those two are already dead i hope i will have an option to at least have her back.

What you guys think ?

175 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hope not. Like I said before tt has brilliantly kept it a realistic story without eliminating plot twists. I know lilly knows where we were going to go (savanah) but its a huge stretch if she hapoens to find us randomly. In the show, comics and this far in the game there havnt been any unbelievable plot twists which is why i dont want/ I dont think well see lilly again (or for that matter carly) i would slightly lose respect if we do

• If she killed Ben instead of Carley and she runs off and she goes back, I might give her a second chance. But because she killed Carley, the only thing she'd be seeing is a gun on her head when she gets back

• I liked her but she took the RV without knowing if we would make it without transporation. For me, she just left us behind. I'll not integrate her in the group again and if I am forced to I would abandoned or kill her at the first posibillity.

• She won't come for sure. Most of you want to kill her and some of us would accept her back. Still she needs to be alive in order to her Woodbury stuff.
    She might make a cameo of some sort though.

• @kirby18 said: I hope not. Like I said before tt has brilliantly kept it a realistic story without eliminating plot twists. I know lilly knows where we were going to go (savanah) but its a huge stretch if she hapoens to find us randomly. In the show, comics and this far in the game there havnt been any unbelievable plot twists which is why i dont want/ I dont think well see lilly again (or for that matter carly) i would slightly lose respect if we do

Of course we'll see her again. Look, I agree with you that TWD - in whichever medium - is based more solidly in realism than most other zombapocalypse stories out there, but it *is* still a story, and will therefore never be 100% realistic - and, IMO, shouldn't be. It's a work of art: you have to allow it some licence.

(Spoilers for Ep 3 ahead)

This game is full of literary tropes that abound in most fiction, which you'd never see in "real life". The most common technique is ironic foreshadowing: e.g. Duck finally gets his moment to shine with the whole Robin detective thing, then promptly dies; Clementine learns how to use a gun, and is then paralysed by fear when she's called upon to do so (we all knew she'd end up being faced with this); and on multiple occasions, we're told "X will remember that", only for "X" to die two minutes later. Like any work of art, it's entirely designed to provoke a reaction.

So, does that all fit your definition of "realistic?" It shouldn't! If we're being ultra-realistic, I don't think quite as many people would have died by now. The group would either all have died of starvation/dehydration long ago, or else they'd be living for months on end without anything interesting happening (they are, after all, in the middle of nowhere). The mundanities and minutiae of real life are thus ignored. Consider this: why doesn't anyone ever go to the toilet? Why don't we ever see anyone eating or sleeping? Wouldn't that make it even more realistic? The answer is that this is a story. Stories are crafted and there's nothing wrong with that; they sometimes deliberately approximate realism, but they can never emulate it.

Lily will be back. It's the "Chekov's gun" principle: "If, in the first act, you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."

• Well, I don't think she survived her part in the comics because it looks pretty bleak for her and the few Woodbury soldiers still alive. I'd be shocked if she survived that, and even more shocked that she would come back to us, because she sure as hell won't survive seeing my Lee again.

• I honestly don't think she will. She has run her course in the video game.
    The game, comic, and novel series are all set in the same universe. Separate from the TV show.

Lilly is in the Comic. She is part of the Governor's group.
    The 2nd novel "The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury" will supposedly be about Lilly and how she becomes part of his group.

I have a feeling the book may even go as far to open up with Lilly being on her own on Foot or in a RV, depending one which scenario they choose from the game.

• @gregularity said: Of course we'll see her again. Look, I agree with you that TWD - in whichever medium - is based more solidly in realism than most other zombapocalypse stories out there, but it *is* still a story, and will therefore never be 100% realistic - and, IMO, shouldn't be. It's a work of art: you have to allow it some licence.

(Spoilers for Ep 3 ahead)

This game is full of literary tropes that abound in most fiction, which you'd never see in "real life". The most common technique is ironic foreshadowing: e.g. Duck finally gets his moment to shine with the whole Robin detective thing, then promptly dies; Clementine learns how to use a gun, and is then paralysed by fear when she's called upon to do so (we all knew she'd end up being faced with this); and on multiple occasions, we're told "X will remember that", only for "X" to die two minutes later. Like any work of art, it's entirely designed to provoke a reaction.

So, does that all fit your definition of "realistic?" It shouldn't! If we're being ultra-realistic, I don't think quite as many people would have died by now. The group would either all have died of starvation/dehydration long ago, or else they'd be living for months on end without anything interesting happening (they are, after all, in the middle of nowhere). The mundanities and minutiae of real life are thus ignored. Consider this: why doesn't anyone ever go to the toilet? Why don't we ever see anyone eating or sleeping? Wouldn't that make it even more realistic? The answer is that this is a story. Stories are crafted and there's nothing wrong with that; they sometimes deliberately approximate realism, but they can never emulate it.

Lily will be back. It's the "Chekov's gun" principle: "If, in the first act, you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."

I get the foreshadowing but even that has been used at a modest pace. The only thing I can agree with you is with Clem and knowing she would have to use the gun almost immediately. As for the rest of your post and examples you are missing my point!

Well firstly the storyline is pretty realistic given a zombie apocalypse... there would be bandits, there would be mutiny, and there would be of course walkers. I dont intend it to be "ultra realistic", but the story is pretty realistic and that makes the game that much better. Maybe it wouldnt happen at that pace but the events that happen, could happen in reality. Where as we dont see people eating, sleeping, going to the bathroom, in all cases they have been mentioned or heard of. For example, you have to hand out food in episode 2 and basically every time you leave the motel it is for food, they each have their own rooms in the motel which impies they sleep, and Clem asks lee to go to the bathroom in episode 1 (weak example but still)

What I am trying to say is that given the unrealistic occurence that a zombie apocalypse does happen the events in the story line have been realistic without plot twists that have detracted the realism from it. With that being said I hope Lilly, Carly, Duck, Katjaa dont come back alive or as walkers because even though its a story, its a story with realistic expectations.

Also I dont read the comics but as from what I hear and watching the show, and thus far in the game, there havnt been any unbelievable plot twists. The closest thing I can think of is when the girl in the show (i forgot her name) comes through the barn as a walker...thats it. I think The walking dead prides themselves on keeping it realistic. And they have kept their word and it doesnt look like its changing. Lilly is gone for good.

• Man, Lilly can't come back as a walker because she's alive. She survives and even appears in the comic book.
    Not only that but she's apparently the main protagonist of this book
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-Dead-Road-Woodbury/dp/0312547749/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y
    which I just can't wait to read!

• Like I said in a other thread we will see her in the last episode nearly the end and helping Lee & Clem by giving them "Mercy" or something along the lines.

Add Comment