User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]Ben's character and deeds

posted by SouthWardRB on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

Either you saved Carley or Doug. These great characters shall be avenged. Yeah, Lilly killed them, BUT Ben was giving the extra stuff to the bandits, wich caused the whole thing.

These were great characters, ones who shouldn't be forgotten. Ben, a stupid little teenager who is more scared of everything then a 12 year old.

Please, by joining this thread, you 100% guarantee that you WILL kill Ben, at the first time you get.

376 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @EduardoSC said: Carley's death was devastating she and Lee were starting to have feeling for each other, and then somebody just ends it with a bullet to the face,WTF is that you don't kill something so beautifull like that

Exactly. Carley's death makes you actually feel something. That's what great storytelling is all about. Seeing her die now is made all the more painful by the fact that Carley and Lee were starting to become so close. So you have this little glimmer of hope in the midst of the zombie apocalypse and then BAM! It's gone because of people resorting to their darker instincts. The timing here was really perfect, I think. I doubt Carley's death would have had quite as much emotional weight had it happened at any other time.

Also, punctuation is your friend.

• @Cyreen said: Don't you think this thread is a bit Duck/Shaun all over again?

@Cyreen said: Oh I see, Ben is the new Kenny? Hold on let me grab my pitchfork and join the mob. :)

Uh, no... Ben would be the equivalent of Duck in this scenario.

• @magodesky said: Exactly. Carley's death makes you actually feel something. That's what great storytelling is all about. Seeing her die now is made all the more painful by the fact that Carley and Lee were starting to become so close. So you have this little glimmer of hope in the midst of the zombie apocalypse and then BAM! It's gone because of people resorting to their darker instincts. The timing here was really perfect, I think. I doubt Carley's death would have had quite as much emotional weight had it happened at any other time.

Also, punctuation is your friend.

well at least I hope they don't take Clem away from Lee, and I'm also curious about whoose this shady character at the walkie, he sounds like some sort of sick pedophile to me, his voice, he has a creepy pedophile voice, bloody hope he isn't. But from now on whatevers happens to the other characters but clemdoesn't surprise me, after what Carley, I don't think anyone's safe. And I guess I'm just sad that she died, I had this crazy thought that she and Lee could realy have something and then clem maybe would look up to carley as a mother just like she looks at Lee like a father. May Carley's soul rest peace, and I just hope that at leat Lee, Clem and perhaps Kenny get through the 1st season fine. And when they launch the second season I hope I "find another carley".

• Ben should have trusted the group and had no right to make a deal with the bandits on the group's behalf on his own. On the other hand, he was the new guy and all the infighting did nothing to help build trust. I really can't hate him.

Ben did confess and I don't think he ever meant to hurt anybody. The only thing that irkes me is that Ben did not confess when he saw how much stress this was causing. He could have said it was him when poor Carley was being accused, but no.

• Ben didn't tell anyone because everyone in the group, save Carley (and Lee, depending on how you play) treats him like crap or ignores him altogether.

• Ben's a 16, maybe 17 year old high school kid and an army of bandits who had been attacking our hotel stopped and decided to trade for an amount of supplies that none of us had even noticed were missing except Lilly. No one in their right mind wanted to fight the bandits except Lilly, by the way. The rest of us all wanted to leave.

And the bandits didn't say they only had one friend. Ben said they were holding his "friends" captive. All of them.

So, no, I don't blame Ben much.

In fact I was desperately hoping I wouldn't be forced to kick him off the train. I also kept starting new dialogue to tell him to shut up about it. And, nice touch TTG, each of the four following times I talked to him we had a different variation on the "Shut the hell up, Ben" exchange until he stopped talking to me.

Lilly, on the other hand, was a loose cannon. I actually managed to renegotiate with the bandits, which was hilarious, up until the guy I was talking to took a bullet in the head. At that point I realized Lilly was gun crazy.

• @darham175 said: I want Ben to die and I would do it myself but that goes against everything I've been teaching Clem. I will NOT hestitate to murder the person on the walkie if they harm her in ANY though.

I agree with this. My Lee would see it as morally wrong, even though I can't forgive him for getting Carly killed.
    If he had confessed earlier, it could have been avoided.

• The fact you couldn't choose between Ben + Carly/Doug was pissweak as.

I was trying to find a way to get Ben to die or to beat up Lilly before she could do any harm.

Getting more annoyed now as the episodes progress and the obvious lack of repercussions for your choices becomes more apparent. Knew it was a gimmick from the start but I really hoped that by episode 4 or 5, you would see places/stories/characters specific for each plot path/line. So that you had to go back to episode 2 or 3 to see what episode 4 & 5 could become in different paths. At the moment, each episode is just a choice a) // choice b) affair. Which in the end makes little to no difference apart from a stat sheet of how many other idiots chose the same paths as you.

• I can see Ben doing what the inexperienced scared character does in most zombie/horror films. A bunch of zombies are chasing him and he trips on something and they all pile on top of him. I would so love that to happen.

• I was always very nice to him and am so disappointed to see him not admit the truth when Lily was blaming Carley for everything. Now I want to see him die.

Add Comment