User Avatar Image

Episode 3 - Where have you died? [Spoilers]

posted by greenj2 on - last edited - Viewed by 893 users

Come on, admit it. :D

I died once when the bandits were holding the group hostage at the motor inn. I took too long responding and they fed me a lead salad for the trouble.

I also died about 6 times in a row to the pair of zombies in the boarded-up train station, though I blame that on poor game mechanics. I kept trying to pick up the weapon on the floor but Lee would just 'look' at it. I assumed I wasn't close enough to reach it. Took me a while to notice that you actually have to manually change your cursor function from 'look' to 'pick up'. I hate 2 on 1 zombie boxing. XD

48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Due to no inverting Y axis, which has been in every game since Quake 1, i died a million times in the shootout with the bandits. I go to aim up, i go to the ground. Try to aim down, im looking at the sky. Cannot get used to it.

• @jaybreezy said: That damn car zombie killed me because I didn't realize I was supposed to slam his head in the door. I thought I was supposed to use one of the tools from the train on him. After a few times of not being able to get an option to pop up on his head I figured it out.

Right.. and the LAST thing I wanted to do was release it from the seatbelt.. I spent more time running around the train, trying to get on the other side of the car where I could bash the zombie.
    Finally I just figured I had no other option then i released it from the seatbelt.
    And yes it got me!

• Actually the car zombie got me cause I was waiting for him to show his head out of the car before slamming the door... turns out you have to slam it even if he's still inside to get the cutscene and not being killed XD

• I died at least 10 times because the game forced me to use the 1,2,3,4 buttons to choose actions while I usually use the mouse wheel.

So yeah same moment same animation, I got pretty frustrated.

• Glad to see some others got caught by the car zombie. I knew I'd have to slam the door on his face (thank you Vinnie Jones in Lock Stock...) but I let it get too close.

I died a few times during the raid as I couldn't work out how to switch sides, that and I was stupidly going for shoot anywhere rather than head shots.

I then also died in the standoff with the bandits as I couldn't decide who to shoot first and I'm sure I died somewhere else.

• I think there's only been one other time when you had to switch your cursor to interact with something and it was back in episode 1. I don't think it's a bad mechanic, but it's really inconsistent with what we've played in our recent memories. Maybe if it had happened twice in the last episode to remind us of the mechanic, fewer people would have had trouble.

• Wish I could think of an alternative way to saying the train station scene where you had to pick up the tool. Several times at least.

The shoot out scene with the bandits a couple of times. And once or twice when leaving the drug store.

• @greenj2 said: Come on, admit it. :D
    I also died about 6 times in a row to the pair of zombies in the boarded-up train station, though I blame that on poor game mechanics. I kept trying to pick up the weapon on the floor but Lee would just 'look' at it. I assumed I wasn't close enough to reach it. Took me a while to notice that you actually have to manually change your cursor function from 'look' to 'pick up'. I hate 2 on 1 zombie boxing. XD

Same with me.

• The car near the train where the zombie's stuck with the security belt; I think I panicked...! And also once with the bandits; wasn't used to the gun's controls.

Add Comment