User Avatar Image

Episode 3 ruined everything

posted by falcon168 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

The first time I'm not looking forward to new release at all. If it comes out, I'll play, if not, I'm not bothered. Well done TTG! episode 3 ruined everthing and also appeared everything about that fake choice making.

193 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @martymcfly said: Soo... at the very beginning of Ep 3 when I shot the woman to save her suffering, it didn't matter? Well perhaps it didn't matter to you - which is fair enough. And perhaps it didn't really make a real difference to the game afterwards - again, fair enough. But it mattered to me when I was playing and I know I made the right decision. In my opinion, you get as much out of the game as you put in.

this is your example of a choice that matters?

• TTG is just digging own grave if they are willing to do also season 2...

• @Garland7G said: this is your example of a choice that matters?

Do you let a woman die a horrible death to make it easier to loot a store or do you spare her suffering and make it harder for yourself in the short-term. It also tells you a lot about yourself/Lee's character. I'd say that matters.

• @Marleysativa said: Do you let a woman die a horrible death to make it easier to loot a store or [...]

That's the thing tho.
    1.) you still have enough time to loot enough for it to be considered getting "plenty".

2.) you lose all your looted stuff anyway shortly after so even if you did not get enough items due to your choice (which you DID either way) it doesn't matter because you lose all shortly after anyways.

People aren't arguing about lack of choices. There are plenty. People argue about such made choices having no impact on the general story.

• @Marleysativa said: Do you let a woman die a horrible death to make it easier to loot a store or do you spare her suffering and make it harder for yourself in the short-term. It also tells you a lot about yourself/Lee's character. I'd say that matters.

what it tells about yourself or Lee's character?? From my point nothing there is not enough options for yourself and too much for getting know Lees's character:confused:

• @Marleysativa said: Do you let a woman die a horrible death to make it easier to loot a store or do you spare her suffering and make it harder for yourself in the short-term. It also tells you a lot about yourself/Lee's character. I'd say that matters.

maybe if you're RP'n it matters, but 5 minutes later that girl and those supplies mean nothing. Now, if you could use one of those supplies to change something later on, i would agree with you.

• @Garland7G said: maybe if you're RP'n it matters, but 5 minutes later that girl and those supplies mean nothing. Now, if you could use one of those supplies to change something later on, i would agree with you.

That's exactly what I have been saying from the beginning. Let something that we do have an impact on the game if that is how you are hellbent on promoting the game.

Maybe those of us that feel this way are more results oriented people in general.

• @dubesor said: That's the thing tho.
    1.) you still have enough time to loot enough for it to be considered getting "plenty".

2.) you lose all your looted stuff anyway shortly after so even if you did not get enough items due to your choice (which you DID either way) it doesn't matter because you lose all shortly after anyways.

People aren't arguing about lack of choices. There are plenty. People argue about such made choices having no impact on the general story.

There were several that had impact, in my opinion. I've already given the examples in another post on this same page (previous page apparently :P). Then again, being able to shape Lee's character and make a few important decisions while following the overall narrative is enough for me.

maybe if you're RP'n it matters, but 5 minutes later that girl and those supplies mean nothing. Now, if you could use one of those supplies to change something later on, i would agree with you.

They still meant something, I'm also not roleplaying (what would that even matter). The supplies to a lesser extent but it's still a decision that tells you about Lee's character. So yes, it's a decision that matters. Especially since this is a CHARACTER DRIVEN game.

• I feel that the game presents you choices that matter - to you. These choices influence your experience and how the game plays and feels for you. You WILL feel a very different game if you play as a Lee that is a complete jerk, compared to one that is compassionate and truthful. The story may remain the same but you see it in a different light, and get a different feel for the characters in it.

I, for one didn't enjoy that some characters I liked died, but it was unexpected and handled cinematically and fairly. Just because I couldn't stop it doesn't mean what I talked about prior, in the situations leading to didn't matter, I was just unable to stop it.

It says 'Your Choices Matter', not 'You Choose the Story'.

• @GamingDragon316 said: Epiosde 3 Choices do matter because they reflect on who lives and dies

uhhh. As someone that isn't complaining about how choices work, this is clearly wrong. No matter what, once episode 3 rolls around, the exact same people are dead and the exact same people are alive for all games, just how they die might be different.

And even if we ignore episode 3 doing that, only once is this quote true with Doug/Carly, the St John Brothers die from the zombies anyway.

Add Comment