User Avatar Image

Katjaa & Kenny Seem Like an Unlikely Couple (no spoilers)

posted by MisterMisfit on - last edited - Viewed by 666 users

Kenny is Southern, racist, trailer trash (even dresses like it) while Katjaa is a European woman educated in the health & sciences. Seems unlikely they would end up together. Ken's wife should have been a stay at home mom with a Southern accent (like the St. Johns mama).

**EP 3 SPOILER BELOW**
And then maybe I wouldn't have felt as bad when she kills herself.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've never met a Belgian-American. Much less in the Deep South. I wonder how they met lol

• User Avatar Image
    Thadeum BANNED

A woman doesn't look for intellectual guys, at first.

She looks for whatever guys can provide protection to her kids: it can be financial protection, or, like in the case of Kenny, devotion.

Plus, Kenny is a honest guy. She probably got tired of all those moronic self-calling doctors and went for a simpler honest devoted guy. She knows Kenny is stupid, and she doesn't care much. That's not what she is looking for.

• Yeah well Omid and Christa seem like a pretty unlikely couple too. Ones laid back wihout a care in the world, while the other is wound pretty tight. I guess opposites attract right?

• First of all, Kenny isn't racist. "Urban" was just a nice way to say it. However, consider the news (Media-wise), I don't know about you all, but 90% of the time, when a crime is committed, it's an "Urban" person. Am I racist? No (Heck, I dated an "Urban" woman for a while. The eating pig's feet thing was kind of weird, though. :/). Is this just a sad truth? Pretty much. Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of folks who are "Urban" and made a good life for themselves, it's just a majority when you watch the news, or read the paper. Just a sad truth. It's easy to see how people could get that frame of mind.

Odd couples are everywhere (Look at myself and the "Urban" girl. :D). In some instances, opposites attract. We don't actually get to see how they met, or what drove them to the point of marriage. I actually think Kenny and Kat made a good couple. They accented themselves, to some extent. Kenny was the aggressor of the relationship and Kat was his balance, keeping a cool head and open mind.

I will agree, though, that although opposites, I just can't see Christa and Omid working it out. Though, implied through the game, they do seem to have a decent relationship. :D Go figure. :P

• I think Kenny was a pretty normal southern guy before all this happened. Fishing to provide for the family... Probably mudding with his fourwheeler and drinking beer with his buds in his spare time. Whatever rednecks do to have fun. When the plague came I think Kenny got his instinct survival mode on and just desperately does anything to protect his family.

• @Dead_Man_Walking said: First of all, Kenny isn't racist. "Urban" was just a nice way to say it. However, consider the news (Media-wise), I don't know about you all, but 90% of the time, when a crime is committed, it's an "Urban" person. Am I racist? No (Heck, I dated an "Urban" woman for a while. The eating pig's feet thing was kind of weird, though. :/). Is this just a sad truth? Pretty much. Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of folks who are "Urban" and made a good life for themselves, it's just a majority when you watch the news, or read the paper. Just a sad truth. It's easy to see how people could get that frame of mind.

Odd couples are everywhere (Look at myself and the "Urban" girl. :D). In some instances, opposites attract. We don't actually get to see how they met, or what drove them to the point of marriage. I actually think Kenny and Kat made a good couple. They accented themselves, to some extent. Kenny was the aggressor of the relationship and Kat was his balance, keeping a cool head and open mind.

I will agree, though, that although opposites, I just can't see Christa and Omid working it out. Though, implied through the game, they do seem to have a decent relationship. :D Go figure. :P

Urban people are not a race. Urban people describes those who live in a high density area such as a city. An urban population consists of many ethnic groups so it's unclear when you say "I've dated an 'urban' person."

• @Awesoke said: Urban people are not a race. Urban people describes those who live in a high density area such as a city. An urban population consists of many ethnic groups so it's unclear when you say "I've dated an 'urban' person."

It's implied, in the game (And I hope I read that scene right), that Kenny used "Urban" as a replacement for a person of African-American decent.

Just replace my "Urbans" with that. :P

Learn to quotation mark. :D

• @Dead_Man_Walking said: It's implied, in the game (And I hope I read that scene right), that Kenny used "Urban" as a replacement for a person of African-American decent.

It's obviously so. Lee is only "Urban" to Kenny because he is black. He thinks he can pick locks because he's black. It doesn't make him a racist, though. It's just stereotypes.

• @Awesoke said: Urban people are not a race. Urban people describes those who live in a high density area such as a city. An urban population consists of many ethnic groups so it's unclear when you say "I've dated an 'urban' person."

It's the current moronic politically correct way to refer to black people who don't wear a suit and tie.

• @plaqueconspiracy said: It's obviously so. Lee is only "Urban" to Kenny because he is black. He thinks he can pick locks because he's black. It doesn't make him a racist, though. It's just stereotypes.

Thank you. <3

Add Comment