User Avatar Image

Man " adapt to the choices you make"? What choices?!?

posted by JackSeifer on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

Every decision made up to this point really didn't make no difference at all. What's the point of saving Carley or Doug if they die anyway? What's the point of sided with Lily or doing all you can to save Larry if Lily leaves and you pretty much patch up things with Kenny? Every choice in this game is bullshit and pointless, it's too much of a rail game, even that bs decision where you had to give out food. I don't care at all about putting up more money towards the game but damn c'mon can I at least get more options which will actually effect something? I loved the game up but the lack of how ineffective my decisions are to the story is pissing me off. Dude, throw a donate button on your site and I wouldn't mind kicking out some cash for an actual update that would tidy up some choices so you actually can save Carley or leave with Lily or something.

67 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Man, can't we compile all these threads into one or something?

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Man, can't we compile all these threads into one or something?

I know right? Title it "I love you Carley, why did you have to die? Eulogy. PS I loved you!"

These Carley complaints are getting annoying.

• You are completely right op. Even as I watch some walkthroughs to episode 3 it even makes it that much more clear that your choices and decision mean absolutely nothing to the plot. Sure they change the repsonse from a character, but there is no significance what so ever!

However I expect this to change in episode 4 and even more so in episode 5 because now that we are nearing the end it should be easier for telltale to develop two seperate storys with two different groups members or more possibilities.

• Nah I suspect the only true branching will be in episode 5. Everything so far has been extremely superficial. It seems like almost all the choices are canceled out in some way to make it easier to combine the "different" stories.

• User Avatar Image
    Thadeum BANNED

You have to understand how game making works.

If they had to create different story branches, it would lead to exponential different stories and ending.

Doug/Carley had to die because it would have been a real pain to develop two different GAMES to keep them on track.

That's why I knew Carley/Doug never took the supplies, because they were meant to die in order to simplify the storyline.

At best, a realistic developement can end up with three up to maximum four endings, but there is no way that you get three or four different stories in the same game.

They COULD do it, but it would not be worth it. Think about this:

25% of players only (at most) will replay the game.

Will you spend 300% more of development time just to satisfy 25% of the players base? It's wrong time investment.

In fact, I found out that saving Doug/Carley created enough differences so you can enjoy the beginning of Episode 3 differently, and I perfectly understand that the dev team doesn't make different GAMES when all we want is the trhill of one story.

Yeah, it's a "driven" story. If you did not figure this out at episode 3, then you should probably quit playing games, because you are gonna be deceived all your life on.

There is only ONE scenario. Stick with it.

• If you don't like the choices, then GO PLAY ANOTHER GAME. What will complaining do about it? Its easy for you to sit back and complain but Telltale is doing a wonderful job with the game under the time constraints they have.

Can we just chill with the complaining and appreciate the game for what it is? *sigh* I hope this forum doesn't transform into a whine fest...

• @Itsmearmani: don't be afraid 80% of the players already left the boat... Look at the scucces on steam... they listen and go play other game.

• I have to agree with him. I chose to go with Lilly and leave and i expected a change for the story. But was lead to the same path if i said no. Seemed like my choice didnt matter very much...

• I have to agree with him. I chose to go with Lilly and leave and i expected a change for the story. But was lead to the same path if i said no. Seemed like my choice didnt matter very much...

Add Comment