User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 27.3K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

612 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @roycejunktion said: I came on here to post something very similar about Christopher Lloyd!

    He was at the Toronto Comic Convention over the weekend, and during his Q&A someone asked him how he liked reprising his role as Doc Brown in the videogame, he said he loved it. After he answered, he said that they were working on a second game, and that he would be involved.

    So ill take that as a big "yeah its happening"

    Yep thats where I got the info. You may have even saw me; there was a lineup to ask questions. The guy before me went up and the moderator said "we have time for 1 maybe 2 more questions after this one", the idiot asked him THREE. So I didnt get to ask mine but i was the one at the very front in the hat marty wore in part II.

  • Man, you better hope royce isn't the 3 question guy.

  • ...you guys do realize that actors speculate all the time, just like us, right? Heck, most of the cast of the Transformers trilogy said at the end that 3 was going to be Michael Bay's last, and what do you know, they were wrong. Until TellTale Games comes out with a trailer or some announcement for season 2 of BttF, I'm calling it all rumor and speculation based on a To Be Continued screen.

  • @Shadowknight1 said: ...you guys do realize that actors speculate all the time, just like us, right? Heck, most of the cast of the Transformers trilogy said at the end that 3 was going to be Michael Bay's last, and what do you know, they were wrong. Until TellTale Games comes out with a trailer or some announcement for season 2 of BttF, I'm calling it all rumor and speculation based on a To Be Continued screen.

    /agree

  • you may be right but I should say the question wasn't even about a special game. The question was 'what was it like reprising your role for that video game' and he raved about what a great experience it was and confirmed the game will indeed continue.


    Believe me read my posts in this thread before last week and there's plenty of me moaning and ranting but after hearing Lloyd I'm a firm believer we will have a second season.

  • I want to believe. I truly do. I loved the BttF game, even with its flaws, and I want to see the story continue. But I don't see it happening any time soon. TellTale is busy with Fables and Kings Quest, and then they have another season of The Walking Dead to go through.

  • @Shadowknight1 said: I want to believe. I truly do. I loved the BttF game, even with its flaws, and I want to see the story continue. But I don't see it happening any time soon. TellTale is busy with Fables and Kings Quest, and then they have another season of The Walking Dead to go through.


    Not Forgetting sam and max of course. Anyway they wouldn't have put "to be continued" at the end if they didn't want to do another, so I am optimistic it will happen. Telltale have grown in size, so maybe they can do more projects simultaneously?

  • @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: Yep thats where I got the info. You may have even saw me; there was a lineup to ask questions. The guy before me went up and the moderator said "we have time for 1 maybe 2 more questions after this one", the idiot asked him THREE. So I didnt get to ask mine but i was the one at the very front in the hat marty wore in part II.

    WOW!!! that was you?!!?!?

    We saw you up there with your hat, and you were literally jumping up and down with excitement... as SOON as he said 1 or 2 more questions, I knew you wouldn't get there, the guy before you couldn't speak english (no offence to him) and he asked way too many questions. I felt TERRIBLE for you up there, honestly, i wanted to start a "ONE MORE QUESTION" chant, but I knew he had to go setup for the photo op.

    Now... what WERE you going to ask him??

  • @roycejunktion said: WOW!!! that was you?!!?!?

    We saw you up there with your hat, and you were literally jumping up and down with excitement... as SOON as he said 1 or 2 more questions, I knew you wouldn't get there, the guy before you couldn't speak english (no offence to him) and he asked way too many questions. I felt TERRIBLE for you up there, honestly, i wanted to start a "ONE MORE QUESTION" chant, but I knew he had to go setup for the photo op.

    Now... what WERE you going to ask him??

    yeah it was not sure how much you can see but here's my facebook; http://www.facebook.com/38cujo

    actually at the point he said 1 or 2 more questions, it was just the idiot behind me already up there, the Venuzuelan fellow had just gone. No issues with him, he could barely speak english, I could only imagine how nervous he was. I was mainly mad at the idiot who hears "one more question" and asks 3 and the lack of moderations. Normally panels like that there's a person screening the questions to weed out the stupid ones (or in his case more than 2), and of course help clarify them such as for the poor english fellow.

    here's how it would have gone.

    I would have said "before I ask you a question I'll give you a break and answer the question everyone else had for me... I got my hat on ebay"

    Now initially when I went up my question was if he could shed some light on any potential development on a second telltale game and whether he would sign on. A previous person asked that. I actually would have been really quick after that (I figured I was already up there). So instead after talking briefly about my hat I would have said "Mr. Lloyd my question for you is WHAT THE HELL IS A JIGGOWATT?"


    Actually my friend in the front row (who is a journalist) was more pissed than me. He's like "this guy has an unbelievable body of work going back to the 70's and you're going to end it on some dumb questions about the cheezy piranah movies he just cameoed in when the next person is decked out in back to the future gear?

  • Doubleback should be in the game. So should Power of Love.

Add Comment